• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for a Grieving Mom: Cyber-Family Support and Love

In summary, Catriana Quinn was born to a mother who delivered her via her vagina. She is 25 inches long and 12.8 pounds. Her mother pushed for 45 minutes.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
I thought I would come over and ask for some prayers.
I don't see this much on this board, but I thought I would ask anyways.

We all know what it is like to be cyber-family, as many of us have connected here.
Well I am cyber-buddies w/ a message board that had babies all around my baby's bday.
Well another mommy was pregnant and due a week ago.
She went in today to have a NST to see how the baby is doing.
During the NST they noticed that the heart beat was really slow, when in actuallity they were picking up the mom's heart beat.
They rushed her to ultrasound where they found thier worst fear came true.
The baby was dead.
The mom is really blaming herself, because they were stressing an induction, but she refused.
She feels that had she of had it done 'Catti' would be alive today.
She went in to labor to deliver Catti around 2pm today, and has yet to deliver. The Dr's think that the baby's head might have swollen due to the death.
Please pray for Jen, her husband Keith and Mairi, her daughter.
Thank you, and thank you for being part of my Cyber-Family (((HUGS)))

Of course...so sad...
Chozengirl said:
I thought I would come over and ask for some prayers.
I don't see this much on this board, but I thought I would ask anyways.

We all know what it is like to be cyber-family, as many of us have connected here.
Well I am cyber-buddies w/ a message board that had babies all around my baby's bday.
Well another mommy was pregnant and due a week ago.
She went in today to have a NST to see how the baby is doing.
During the NST they noticed that the heart beat was really slow, when in actuallity they were picking up the mom's heart beat.
They rushed her to ultrasound where they found thier worst fear came true.
The baby was dead.
The mom is really blaming herself, because they were stressing an induction, but she refused.
She feels that had she of had it done 'Catti' would be alive today.
She went in to labor to deliver Catti around 2pm today, and has yet to deliver. The Dr's think that the baby's head might have swollen due to the death.
Please pray for Jen, her husband Keith and Mairi, her daughter.
Thank you, and thank you for being part of my Cyber-Family (((HUGS)))

Of course we'll keep her/her family and you too in our prayers.

I will be thinking of her during this difficult time.

I am so sorry to hear, I know how it is....my aunt had a still born with only a few weeks to go this past Fall. Thankfully, after a lot of talking with her doctor, they are pregnant again and due in August , but they will induce in July just in case there is something wrong with with the last month of her pregnancies.They will never forget, and for the closure, we had basically an entire funeral, and she has a name (Rosemary) ...and I thought it was awesome, they created a "children's garden" in their yard, and we all pitched in $$ for a rosebud tree, and their 3 other young children got to plant flowers, and now that is Rosemary's garden, with a bench and angel statues :) Maybe those are some ideas you can pass on in the future... But, time will help to soothe, and my aunt went to some therapy sessions, because she also blamed herself. And, hopefully they will have the will-power to try again in the future!

I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with them.

I am so sorry... that just breaks my heart. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Diane

I am so sorry. I will keep them in my prayers.

That is so sad. I will be keeping the family in my thoughts.

Chozengirl- I am so sorry to hear about your friend...I will most definetly lift her and her family up in prayer! I miscarried back in December, and this "cyber family" was awesome! I had so many uplifting words, and prayers posted for me...so everyone here will surely be praying for her. :) Its a difficult situation because sometimes you just don't know the words to say...but the Lord hears our prayers and will comfort her in her time of sorrow. Thank you for letting us know of your prayer request.

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the 'love'!
I wanted to post an update from today;

It is with a heavy heart that I report
that Catriana Quinn was born silently into our world
at 12:08 am today.
She is 25 inches long
and 12.8 pounds.
yes, that was NOT a typo.
Her mommy delivered her via her vagina!
I must say that Jen is THE WOMAN to give birth to such a large baby.
She pushed for 45 minutes.
She did have some tearing that she needs looked at in the OR.
But she sounded fabulous.
Yes, Jen called me herself, just 20-ish minutes after giving birth to her angel.
She hadn't actually SEEN her yet, as the staff was going to clean her up
and then bring her back,
but she said that Catti has a full head of DARK hair...just what mommy wanted.
There was no obvious reason for the stillbirth, she looked perfect in every way according to the staff,
but the autopsy will tell them more.
They are planning on waiting until the morning for the photographer to come, so that Mairi could be
there and well rested, etc.
Jen said to me (and I'm going to try to type it exactly as she said it)
"I don't know how people go through this who don't have the Lord....because we know we'll see her again one day!"
She sounded so upbeat and said she felt good, was just tired and hungry.
She is an amazing and strong woman, and her faith is so strong.
Please keep Jen and Keith in your prayers....the next few days are going to be very very hard!

My prayers are with her too. Please also add to your prayers: The host for the show I was supposed to do on Thursday just cancelled (well, she said she'll reschedule for March) because she miscarried. I know that it's much harder to handle when the baby is at term but babies in the first trimester are also a life that should have been.

How do you love a person
Who never got to be,
Or try again to see a face
You never got to see?

How do you mourn the death of one
Who never got to live,
When there's nothing to feel good about
And nothing to forgive?

I love you, little angel.
You're a person of the wind,
Free to be the memory
Of all that might have been.

I love you, little angel,
My companion of the night,
Wandering through my lonely hours,
Beautiful and bright.

What does it mean to die before
You ever can be born,
To live the lovely night of life
And never see the dawn?

Ah! My little angel,
You lived like anyone!
Life's a burst of joy and pain,
And then, like yours, it's done.

Just as if you'd lived for years.
No more, no less, I think of you,
The angel of my tears.

God has a BIG place for her in his kingdom and he decided that he needed her there to do great things. My the Lord bless her and keep her and also her family home on earth that someday he will grant them a new gift and a new angel to call their very own.

I will keep everybody in my prayers. It is so sad to hear such a sad story but the Lord has his reasons and he will watch over us.

I am so very sorry. I will keep her in my prayers.

That is such a horrible story! I have to wonder if maybe the baby was older than anyone thought and the placenta just couldn't handle it any more... babies can be heavy due to many different factors, but 25 inches long? That is like a world record!

and 12 lbs that was one big baby. I don't know how people do it without the
Lord also my sister lost a baby at 32 weeks and she is better but she was ery bitter for a long while

BethCooks4U said:
... The host for the show I was supposed to do on Thursday just cancelled ... because she miscarried. I know that it's much harder to handle when the baby is at term but babies in the first trimester are also a life that should have been.

Beth, this is so true....:(

thechefofnorthbend said:
How do you love a person
Who never got to be,
Or try again to see a face
You never got to see?

.....(edited for length).......

Just as if you'd lived for years.
No more, no less, I think of you,
The angel of my tears.

I love this poem, Where did you find it or who wrote it? Thanks, Tina

I was thinking the same thing....

Hugs

tara

gilliandanielle said:
That is such a horrible story! I have to wonder if maybe the baby was older than anyone thought and the placenta just couldn't handle it any more... babies can be heavy due to many different factors, but 25 inches long? That is like a world record!

I was thinking that too...

hugs

tara

I will certainly pray for that family. I know exactly how they feel. My son will stillborn almost 4 years ago. I now have a almost 3 year old daughter. But it still hurts me every day to think of my son. This time of the year makes it really hard for me, his birthday (the day I gave birth to him), is March 26th. My daughter's birthday is March 2nd.

Please be there for your friend, only to listen. Don't pressure her to talk, she will when she is up to it. It was so hard for us. Thankfully, my family was wonderful. My husband and I leaned on each other. But she will still need friends to talk to. Hugs to your friend and her family.

I had a friend go through this (almost exactly) a couple of years ago. Definitely let her grieve how she needs to grieve. Please invite her to do things with you, and just be her friend.

This is definitely a worst nightmare come true. As someone coming up on my due date in about six weeks, this really strikes close to home.

I will praying for your friend and her family.

Thank You ladies for all of your support!
It has really been hard on me, didn't realize that it would affect me so bad.
But your words are very uplifting,,,thank you

I'm new to Chefsuccess and the company, but my wife Jill and I will keep your friend, her family and you in our prayers.

What is the "With All the Pregnancies" product?

The "With All the Pregnancies" product is a comprehensive cookbook and meal planning guide designed specifically for pregnant women. It features healthy and delicious recipes tailored to meet the unique nutritional needs of expecting mothers.

What makes "With All the Pregnancies" different from other pregnancy cookbooks?

Unlike other pregnancy cookbooks, "With All the Pregnancies" focuses on providing well-rounded meals that are not only nutritious for the mother and baby, but also satisfying and easy to prepare. It also includes tips for managing common pregnancy symptoms and cravings.

Are the ingredients in the recipes easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients in "With All the Pregnancies" recipes are common and easy to find at most grocery stores. They are also budget-friendly, so you won't have to break the bank to stay healthy during your pregnancy.

Is "With All the Pregnancies" suitable for women with dietary restrictions?

Yes, "With All the Pregnancies" offers a variety of recipes that are suitable for women with dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. It also includes alternatives and substitutions for certain ingredients to accommodate different dietary needs.

Can "With All the Pregnancies" be used after pregnancy?

While "With All the Pregnancies" is primarily aimed at pregnant women, many of the recipes and tips can be useful for new moms looking to maintain a healthy diet while breastfeeding and recovering from childbirth. It also includes a section on introducing solid foods to your baby.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cindycooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M