• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Look What Was in My Inbox This Morning...

In summary, Weekenders Global, a clothing company that has been in business for 23 years, has declared bankruptcy and ceased operations in all countries. The owner of the company, Lia, expressed her sadness and gratitude towards the employees for their hard work and dedication. Many people were not aware of the company and are now disappointed to see it go. Some have purchased items from Weekenders and have expressed their satisfaction with the products. Others are concerned about the impact of the closure on the employees and suggest exploring other opportunities. Despite the company's closure, some are still impressed with the quality and affordability of their products.
kcjodih
Gold Member
So sad :( another DS company gone....

Such sad news .....I guess it's TIME to clear my store!!!
EVERYTHING MUST GO NOW!!!
ALL STOCK (WHILE QUANTITIES LAST) IS ON SALE BIG TIME!!
CALL AND BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY!
Sincerely,
XXX XXXXX
XXX_XXX_XXXX

Dear Managers and Coordinators

It is with much sadness that I tell you effective immediately, Weekenders Global has declared bankruptcy.
Our owners have ceased all operations in all countries effective immediately. We all know that our company has been struggling for the past few years. Unfortunately, the end has come, faster than anyone could have predicted and I still find it hard to believe, as I was informed at 11:30 this morning. This is not the way I wanted to tell you, unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I did not find out in time to set up a call or to call you directly as I would have wished, please understand that..

We are doing everything possible to fill all orders and backorders for orders received up to and including noon today Monday, June 9.

I want each and every one of you to know how much the past 23 years have meant to me, how much YOU have meant to me. You have helped me grow both personally and professionally and in so many ways. The opportunity that Weekenders provided has been the best thing that ever happened to me and to you too! You are a dynamic, knowledgeable, classy, fun and utterly fantastic group of women. I am so thankful to have known you, worked with you, cried with you and most of all laughed with you.

I am so proud of you, what you have accomplished and the amazing skills that each and every one of you possess. Take pride in who you are, always remember how proud and privileged I am to have been your friend, your colleague, your coach and your President. I hope you remember all the fun we had together and I am sure our paths will cross again.

Please know, I am ok and I want you to be to.
I love you.

Lia
President

I've never heard of them. Tell me more.

And sad that someone who seems to love the company they work for is now forced to change their lives.

I think with our economy people are going to be forced to cut back on cost that are not necessary.I know we will soon be there and are there some now.

pamperedlinda said:
I've never heard of them. Tell me more.

Linda, they were a DS clothing company around for 20+ years. Many casual cotton knits that were mix n match. Company comfort type clothing. So sad..

That's sad. I've never heard of this company. That stinks that they weren't given much notice.

Is this a company you also work for, Jodi?

Jodi,

Is there a website that us in USA could look at to see if we want to purchase anything?

That is very sad... :(. Jodi, am I reading this right that you were a coordinator or manager with them, as well?

OOPs, sorry ladies. No, I'm not associated with the company in any way. I did a fair and met a director there. She wanted a PC show so I did one for her in November and agreed to trade in late spring. I never heard from her other than monthly newsletters and then I got this this morning. The top little message is hers to her customers, the bottom is what SHE received from the president. Sorry for any confusion! Still early here, I'm not a morning person, and trying to get ready for my day job ....supposedly LOL

Wow Jodi, I'm so sorry. I hadn't heard of them either. She of course sounds so heartbroken. That's terrible.

I have purchased items from them in the past. They were wonderful. I have a jacket that folded up into a bag and I stil use it.

So sad to see.:(

wow and my Weekenders gal has sent me an invite to her sample sale tomorrow. Sorry to see them go.

Wow. This is terrible.

How sad...I have never heard of them. Hopefully we can hel pall those gals who are now out of work by blessing them with a PC business opportunity.

Never heard of them before, but the clothes are too cute! And more reasonably priced the CAbi.

But thinking about the samples these consultants have to sell, yet another reason why two of my favorite words with PC are "NO INVENTORY"!

katie0128 said:
Never heard of them before, but the clothes are too cute! And more reasonably priced the CAbi.

But thinking about the samples these consultants have to sell, yet another reason why two of my favorite words with PC are "NO INVENTORY"!
Most of them don't keep inventory. They have "samples" for their parties, just like PC (and other) consultants.

But you can't keep samples that only fit you... kinda defeats the purpose of the samples. My samples work just as well in my kitchen as anyone elses.

True, some of their samples may have been unuseable outside of the party... I had loads of stuff from my PC days that I didn't want after I stopped doing demos, too. I'm pretty sure they don't keep inventory unless they want to (some PC consultants keep inventory, too). :)

I have a good friend who is (was) a Weekenders Consultant. I feel horrible for her. I just heard this from my exec director. She's been with them forever and has been super busy in the past few months.

I posted this because to me it's so scary what's happening with the economy. This company has been around for 20+ years :eek: I pray it never comes to this for our company. Hey, just had a thought - let's offer them ALL the opportunity since they already know direct sales and help our company (and ourselves of course ;) ) thrive!!

jrstephens said:
And sad that someone who seems to love the company they work for is now forced to change their lives.

I think with our economy people are going to be forced to cut back on cost that are not necessary.I know we will soon be there and are there some now.
So sad and so true!
I am starting to stress about gas prices affecting our household at $4.45 regular at last check (ARCO) and $5+ for diesal for DH!:eek: :cry: :mad: :(
It makes me want to just stay home and NOT go anywhere EVER!

I think all places DS and regular retail are taking a hit - between gas and employment issues, people don't have the money to spend on anything not considered a necessity. Cost of all expenditures are increasing and many are struggling - I hope we can all just hold on and go with the wave and hope and pray it all ends soon...

I can say just from my own experience pre-PC, that I was always willing to spend $35-$50 for products I used to make meals and NOT on what I consider extras...jewelry, makeup...the list goes on! I think we can always see ups & downs with any DS business, but PC seems to stick around!

Oh I agree Meg - I am just saying I think all of us will see cut backs in our attendance at our shows and the $$ people are spending as compared to recent years - Lucky for us - everyone needs to cook, our products are useful, and the reputation speaks for itself. BUT, I do think we will all be seeing a change come..........

I just talked to the gal I know that sold Weekenders, she told me that they aren't going to be paying thier consultants. Luckly the lady that I called had gotten out of it just a few months ago, but she had sold for something like 15 years with them.

ShanaSmith said:
I just talked to the gal I know that sold Weekenders, she told me that they aren't going to be paying thier consultants. Luckly the lady that I called had gotten out of it just a few months ago, but she had sold for something like 15 years with them.

WOW! this stinks!:cry:

PamperedDor said:
Oh I agree Meg - I am just saying I think all of us will see cut backs in our attendance at our shows and the $$ people are spending as compared to recent years - Lucky for us - everyone needs to cook, our products are useful, and the reputation speaks for itself. BUT, I do think we will all be seeing a change come..........

I know what you mean! Thank goodness Doris was wise enough to get involved with Bershire-Hathaway so that if anything drastic happened, we wouldn't be in the same boat as the Weekender consultants...that is really sad.

I keep waiting to see a drop in sales, but if anything, I'm finding that customers are buying more PC. I think it ultimately comes down to value and PC provides that.

And let's face it, everyone is spending more time eating meals at home right now. I know we are!

If you haven't ever done so, check out the link to the Familiy Resiliency Center. It was has some wonderful information about the benefits of families sharing meals together.

http://www.familyresiliency.uiuc.edu/

pamperedpals said:
I have purchased items from them in the past. They were wonderful. I have a jacket that folded up into a bag and I stil use it.

So sad to see.:(
Oh my gosh, that's too funny because I have a bag that turns into a jacket!:D

Thanks for that link Leggy! Good bits of info.

I'm not worried about our company in the least; we are VERY secure under Mr. Buffett.
This too shall pass...

legacypc46 said:
I keep waiting to see a drop in sales, but if anything, I'm finding that customers are buying more PC. I think it ultimately comes down to value and PC provides that. And let's face it, everyone is spending more time eating meals at home right now. I know we are! If you haven't ever done so, check out the link to the Familiy Resiliency Center. It was has some wonderful information about the benefits of families sharing meals together. http://www.familyresiliency.uiuc.edu/
Yes, you are so right! I can't believe my show totals lately. I haven't felt the hit yet and I'm not sure I will. We have SO MUCH to offer to our customers right now. We just have to capitalize on it.And thanks for the info on the FRC--good stuff.

I heard this earlier today from my director. It is so sad for all involved in the organization!

I too hope we can weather the storm. I'm looking forward to my shows this month to see how attendance and sales go. The economy in Indiana has been bad for a long time though and the gas prices are a double hit! I'm going to stess the cooking for less at home, how PC makes it easier, etc.

The only other thing I thought about is how PC seems to have gone to the high-end of kitchen tools (more expensive). I think it's great we have the high-end, but I wish we would also keep some of the resaonable priced items as well (Gen. II). Just my opinion. For me this is also a midwest perspective. I think PC prices are more reasonable on the East or West Coast.

I'm sure hoping we can keep it going though. Maybe more people will want to come to our parties since they won't have money to go to the movies, etc.

What a shame. I loved their clothes. They seem to last forever, and they don't wrinkle.

Related to Look What Was in My Inbox This Morning...

1. What happened to Weekenders Global?

Unfortunately, Weekenders Global has declared bankruptcy and ceased all operations in all countries effective immediately. This news came unexpectedly and the company has been struggling for the past few years.

2. How will this affect current orders?

Weekenders Global is doing everything possible to fill all orders and backorders received up to and including noon on Monday, June 9th.

3. What will happen to the company's employees?

The company's employees, including the managers and coordinators, were informed of the bankruptcy and closure at 11:30 am on Monday, June 9th. The owners have ceased all operations and it is unclear what will happen to the employees at this time.

4. Will there be a sale on remaining stock?

Yes, there will be a sale on all remaining stock while quantities last. Customers are encouraged to call and book an appointment to take advantage of the sale.

5. What message does the President have for employees?

The President, Lia, expressed her sadness and gratitude for the past 23 years with the company. She is proud of the employees and their accomplishments and hopes that their paths will cross again in the future. She also reassures them that she is okay and wants them to be as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • The_Kitchen_Guy