• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is my daughter going to the International Science and Engineering Fair?!

In summary, the speaker's daughter placed first in her category at the Georgia State Science fair, received recognition from 3 engineering groups, and was told she would be an alternate for the international science fair. She later received a call inviting her to attend the international fair and the speaker is excited about the opportunity. The daughter wants to study Industrial Design and is on the waiting list for Georgia Tech. The speaker's son has been accepted into the gifted program but is struggling with responsibility.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
I just had to share this before I explode!! My daughter went to the Georgia State Science fair this weekend. She had placed first in our county and first in the region. Well....she placed first in her category in the state!! She also received special recognition from 3 engineering groups. That in itself is awesome but it gets better :balloon: She was told she would be an alternate for the international science fair.

We just received a call that they are opening up 3 more spots and they want her to attend the INTERNATIONAL (!!) Science and Engineering Fair! How cool is that??!! It's in Atlanta this year and since we have to pay most of her expenses for the 5 day fair....I'm glad that a plane ticket isn't involved!

Guess who is spending the next few days adding shows to her calendar :D

Many of you might remember how my daughter's senior year started...getting a restraining order against a boy at her school...for her senior year to end on such a high note is truly a blessing :)

WOW - that is so wonderful!!!! Congrats to both you and your daughter - you must be VERY proud!!!!

Tell her AWESOME job!What does she want to go to college for?

GeorgiaPeach said:
I just had to share this before I explode!! My daughter went to the Georgia State Science fair this weekend. She had placed first in our county and first in the region. Well....she placed first in her category in the state!! She also received special recognition from 3 engineering groups. That in itself is awesome but it gets better :balloon: She was told she would be an alternate for the international science fair.

We just received a call that they are opening up 3 more spots and they want her to attend the INTERNATIONAL (!!) Science and Engineering Fair! How cool is that??!! It's in Atlanta this year and since we have to pay most of her expenses for the 5 day fair....I'm glad that a plane ticket isn't involved!

Many of you might remember how my daughter's senior year started...getting a restraining order against a boy at her school...for her senior year to end on such a high note is truly a blessing :)

WOO HOO!! Congratulations to your daughter!! My son's senior year is not ending on a good note. He will not be graduating this year. Long story...he is being a stupid 17 year old. Glad to hear a happy ending. It sounds like she will go very far in life!

Aww Ann - My sister is going thru something most likely similiar - its a boy thing - Hopefully he will pull thru it...

Remember - teenage years are like potty training - they eventually get thru it!!

Back to the big congrats to LISA!!!

janetupnorth said:
Tell her AWESOME job!

What does she want to go to college for?

She wants to study Industrial Design. She in on the waiting list for Georgia Tech. She has been accepted at Georgia State University. So if she doesn't get in to GT, she will transfer in next year. Both colleges are in downtown Atlanta so either way, that will be her new home :cry:

There is a big difference between boys and girls....and it drives me CRAZY!! My 13 yr old son was accepted in to the gifted program this year. He wanted it so bad and was so excited. But, does he study to get good grades? NO! This child will actually do homework and then NOT TURN IT IN! What's up with that? If I had a dollar for every time I've used the word "responsibility" in a sentence with him this year....I'd be able to pay for Kyla's first semester of college!!!

GeorgiaPeach said:

Congrats Lisa!!! Right on!!
BTW how did that situation turn out?

Awesome - she will do great!

GeorgiaPeach said:
She wants to study Industrial Design. She in on the waiting list for Georgia Tech. She has been accepted at Georgia State University. So if she doesn't get in to GT, she will transfer in next year. Both colleges are in downtown Atlanta so either way, that will be her new home :cry:

There is a big difference between boys and girls....and it drives me CRAZY!! My 13 yr old son was accepted in to the gifted program this year. He wanted it so bad and was so excited. But, does he study to get good grades? NO! This child will actually do homework and then NOT TURN IT IN! What's up with that? If I had a dollar for every time I've used the word "responsibility" in a sentence with him this year....I'd be able to pay for Kyla's first semester of college!!!

I have had the SAME EXACT problem with my 11YO DS this year! He is in gifted classes but brought me home a C- in the regular 6th grade Social Studies class. He had an in class project that he didn't finish so instead of turning it in unfinished...he just didn't turn it in. WTH? Makes me want to scream..............

MissChef said:
Congrats Lisa!!! Right on!!
BTW how did that situation turn out?

In a nutshell...he was removed from the school and homeschooled for the remaining of the semester (he was to graduate in Dec). It was that or they were sending him to the alternative school (for those with behavioral problems). We received a restraining/stalking order against him that lasts for one year. There has been no attempts on his part to contact her. She has had some counseling and we took a self defense class together. She is an amazingly strong young lady. SO much more together than I ever was at that age!

Congrats to you and your Daughter!!!

THat is so cool that you guys took a self defense class together too! Very cool!

Related to Is my daughter going to the International Science and Engineering Fair?!

1. Can you explain what "Tooting My Daughter's Horn" means?

"Tooting My Daughter's Horn" is a phrase used to describe when a parent proudly and publicly shares their child's accomplishments or talents.

2. How can I support my daughter without coming off as bragging?

One way to support your daughter without bragging is to focus on her hard work and dedication rather than just her achievements. You can also ask her for permission before sharing her accomplishments with others.

3. Is it okay to share my daughter's successes on social media?

It's important to consider your daughter's feelings and privacy before sharing her successes on social media. You can ask for her permission and make sure to only share positive and appropriate information.

4. How can I encourage my daughter to be proud of her own accomplishments?

Encourage your daughter to take ownership of her accomplishments by praising her efforts and acknowledging her hard work. Encourage her to share her achievements and take pride in her own accomplishments.

5. Should I talk to my daughter about "tooting her own horn" in the future?

It's important to have open and honest communication with your daughter about the concept of "tooting her own horn." Encourage her to be confident and proud of her accomplishments, but also remind her to be humble and acknowledge the efforts of others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
Replies
Views
Kerrisherwood
Replies
Views