• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gathering the Power of Chefferlove...

In summary, a student's grade and placement in 1st grade is determined by how many students are over-allocated in their grade. If there are not enough students in a grade, the students are transferred to another school. If the number of students is too many, the students are transferred to a lower track. The school is hoping that the number of students in 1st grade will decrease in the next week. If this does not happen, the student will be transferred to another school.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
Nothing serious, but I could use a little sprinkling of pixie dust. School starts next week here (year-round) and I found out that my daughter is one of several students that are over-allocated in 1st grade. Basically that means that she's in danger of being offloaded to another school. Best case scenario is that she stays at the school but isn't on the same track as her big brother. Worst case is that she goes to another school altogether.

I'm ticked because I was assured that she would be put where I requested as long as I turned in my paperwork on time, but now I'm told that there was a first-come-first served priority placed on the paperwork (I was NOT told that or else I would have turned it in right away).

She apprehensive enough about starting at a new school without being in danger of being moved after a day or two, esp. to another school altogether. For the last 3 years, she's looked forward to the day she became a big kid and joined big brother at his school! Now I have to tell her she's going to go somewhere else where she knows nobody? Ugh!

So unless 8 kids move out of the area or whatever in 1st grade in the next week, we're pretty much screwed...

Oh, have I mentioned we're already paid up for our vacation in December that was dependent on her being off-track at that time?

Oh how frustrating for you and your family! Be a squeeky wheel. In the district I teach in they always do what the parents want. Good Luck.

Oh, no, Joy! I'm so sorry to hear that! I have been hearing stories like this a lot lately, too. It's really not fair to the kids, is it? I hope it works out for your daughter - keep us posted - here's lots of **************CHEFFER LOVE DUST************* for you! :)

That stinks! I hate when places misinform about application requirements. You'd think the school would put extra consideration in place for the students who have siblings at the same school. (*mutter*stupidschoolsystems*mutter*)

Oh YUCK! Definately complain about what a hardship this will be on you to have our children at 2 seperate schools.

I agree with everyone you need to say something, why should your children go to two different schools. That is not fair to them or to you, I hope it works out for you.

Okay, I just spoke with the school. FOR NOW, she is the 22nd child in her class (the track that we wanted) - the classes are allocated for 20. What that means is that as soon as the district figures out where the overflow goes, she will go there... whether it means they open up another class at her school or another... most likely not the same track and highly likely another school. The only thing that will save us is if 2 kids in her class drop out/move/etc.

If they offload her, they will bus her to and from, so I think we can retain our current arrangements for afterschool onsite care... I am hoping it at least remains the same track so she doesn't miss school during our vacation. I think she will be able to handle going to a new school if I can pose it to her correctly. The hard part is that it's so uncertain right now that I don't know what to tell her.

I wouldn't tell her anything until you know for sure what's up ... it will just confuse her.I cannot BELIEVE they would do this ... sure, small class sizes are good ... but what difference will two students make??They should NOT transfer her to another school ... if it is that crowded, they should add a class.

Related to Gathering the Power of Chefferlove...

What is "Gathering the Power of Chefferlove"?

"Gathering the Power of Chefferlove" is a special event held by Pampered Chef to celebrate and recognize our amazing consultants and their hard work and dedication.

Who can attend "Gathering the Power of Chefferlove"?

This event is exclusively for Pampered Chef consultants who have reached a certain level of sales and leadership within the company. Invitations will be sent out to eligible consultants.

When and where is "Gathering the Power of Chefferlove" held?

The event is typically held once a year, usually in the summer or fall. The location may vary each year, but it is usually held at a large conference center or hotel in a major city.

What can I expect from "Gathering the Power of Chefferlove"?

At the event, you can expect to be treated to delicious food, inspiring speeches and presentations from Pampered Chef leaders, and the opportunity to connect with other consultants from all over the country.

How can I qualify to attend "Gathering the Power of Chefferlove"?

To attend this event, you must meet certain sales and leadership requirements set by Pampered Chef. These requirements are typically communicated to consultants throughout the year and can vary depending on your level within the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
  • pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies