• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will my grandmother's passing be peaceful and timely?

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's 92-year-old grandmother who is in the stages of dying and is being taken care of by hospice. The speaker is going to visit her with her children and asks for prayers for her comfort and peaceful passing. The speaker also shares that her grandmother is a Christian and has lost two grandsons in the last 10 years. Other participants in the conversation offer their condolences and prayers for the speaker and her family. The speaker later updates that her grandmother has passed away peacefully and will be laid to rest with one of her grandsons.
lockhartkitchen
My 92 year old grandmother is the stages of dying. (old age) The nursing home has brought in hospice to help keep her comfortable. She's being taken off all meds and will be given morphine. The estimate only a couple of more weeks. I'm going to take my kids to visit g-ma this weekend. My grandma is a christian. Though we all want to go to Heaven, it's still hard for those of us left behind. In the last 10 years, my grandmother has lost two grandsons (my brother at age 23 and my cousin at age 19). Pray that she'll feel comfortable and that her passing won't be for another two weeks. I'll be out of school. (I'm a teacher) I lost my brother during a school year and it was so hard to deal with.

Sending good thoughts to you and hoping for comfort for your granny.

I will pray for a peaceful passing for her. I'm sorry... :(

She, you, and the rest of the family will be in my prayers.

Sending prayers of comfort for you and your grandmother.

I will be praying for you and your family.

vwpamperedchef said:
I will be praying for you and your family.

Same here.

My prayers for a peaceful passing for your Grama & prayers for your family as you face this difficult time.

Thank you all. We're going to visit tomorrow, before she gets too bad. I want my kids to be able to see her one last time. She's my last grandparent.

Oh Julie - I'm so sorry! May you have a good visit with your grandma - wishing you comfort during this difficult time.

Thoughts are with your Grandma and with all of your families. Grandmas are very special and it is sad when your last grandparent passes. Sounds like her comfort is high on the doctor's list.

Julie~

I am sorry! Even with old age, it's hard to lose someone you love...

{{{HUGS}}}

Kelly

I am so sorry to hear about your brother and your cousin. I know how particularly hard it is to loose a grandmother. I lost my grandmother in March at the age of 89. Everyone says that she had a long life, but I still miss her ever day. I pray you make it to see your granny and kiss her sweet hand one more time. My prayers are with you.

Julie~

I'm praying she is comfortable during this time. My thoughts are with you and your family. My grandmother passed in a similiar way in the late 80s and it was so difficult to watch her go (I was there when she passed) but also very peaceful.

My heart goes out to you and your family. My grandmother passed away last week. It was a sweet, peaceful passing, but it's still a loss. God bless you and grant her physical comfort.

Thank you all for your prayers. My family went to see g-ma today (hour and half away). When I got there, her name plate was gone. The nurses said she had passed during the night. I hadn't checked my messages before I left. My mom had left me a message saying that my grandma has passed away peacefully. Her sons and daughter were there by her side. I'm so glad I went and saw my grandma last Monday. She knew who I was and held my hand and talked to me. She had asked where my kids were. They were with my husband. I wanted my kids to see her before she was gone. She is in peace now. We will have an internment at the mosoleum this week. She's going in the niche with my brother who passed away 12 years ago. I'm going to work tomorrow. I told my class last week about my grandmother. As 10 year olds they will be very understanding if I'm not myself.

I'm so sorry about your grandma. I know this is hard for you, especially with end of school year activities. I will pray that God will keep you strong during this difficult time. My son, is 10 and they can be so understanding and helpful when something bad/sad happens. Here's a (((HUG))) for you!

lockhartkitchen said:
Thank you all for your prayers. My family went to see g-ma today (hour and half away). When I got there, her name plate was gone. The nurses said she had passed during the night. I hadn't checked my messages before I left. My mom had left me a message saying that my grandma has passed away peacefully. Her sons and daughter were there by her side. I'm so glad I went and saw my grandma last Monday. She knew who I was and held my hand and talked to me. She had asked where my kids were. They were with my husband. I wanted my kids to see her before she was gone. She is in peace now. We will have an internment at the mosoleum this week. She's going in the niche with my brother who passed away 12 years ago. I'm going to work tomorrow. I told my class last week about my grandmother. As 10 year olds they will be very understanding if I'm not myself.

So sorry to hear Julie and that you didn't get to see her. I'm glad it was peaceful at least. Try to have a decent day with the kids and yes, they usually understand beyond their years!

Julie,

So sorry to hear of your grandma's passing. I'm praying for peace and comfort for you.

JulieI am so sorry for your loss. And so sorry that you didn't get your last good-bye. Take comfort in knowing the peace and comfort she has found and in the wonderful memories you will always hold so dear.

What is "Pray for a Comfortable Ending"?

"Pray for a Comfortable Ending" is a set of products offered by Pampered Chef that are designed to make end-of-life care and meal preparation easier for caregivers and their loved ones.

What products are included in the "Pray for a Comfortable Ending" set?

The set includes a Comfort Care Meal Kit, Comfort Care Serving Set, Comfort Care Cookbook, Comfort Care Apron, and Comfort Care Mug.

How can "Pray for a Comfortable Ending" help caregivers and their loved ones?

The products in this set are designed to make meal preparation and serving more convenient and comfortable for both the caregiver and the person receiving care. They are also meant to provide a sense of comfort and support during a difficult time.

Can these products be used for any type of end-of-life care?

Yes, the "Pray for a Comfortable Ending" set is suitable for any type of end-of-life care, whether it be in a hospice facility or at home.

Are the products in this set dishwasher and microwave safe?

Yes, all of the products in the "Pray for a Comfortable Ending" set are dishwasher and microwave safe for easy cleaning and heating of meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlag1986