• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Big Show Conundrum: 30+ Guests Expected - Help!

In summary, Sarah's host tonight is expecting 30+ people!!:eek: :eek: Of course, Sarah knows that it may not be that many people, but her host seems to be convinced. Sarah did a large show over the weekend too, and could not get one solid booking. :( Sarah suggests that mentioning that "Mary did a fantastic job getting all of you here tonight - my average show has 15 people, so forgive me if I'm a little disorganized." That will let people know that they are not expected to have 30 people there. Ginny's thread provides great advice on how to put together a party for a small group of people. Five bookings were made as a result of Sarah's post. The cost
amy07
My host tonight is expecting 30+ people!!:eek: :eek: Of course, I know (and almost hope) that it will not be that many people, but she seems to be convinced. She said that she did her reminder calls, and that only 1 person told her that they couldn't make it, and that a few mentioned that they may bring a friend(s). Here's my concern.....I did a large show over the weekend too, and could not get one solid booking. :( :confused: I REALLY need shows for July and August (strangely, Sept and Oct already have some). I'm almost afraid of big shows now, it seems that I can't get the bookings. Not sure if it's because I can't spend time with each guest as much or what. I do ask everyone too! So, please just send some words or advice my way or good luck vibes. :eek: On a good note, this will be a totally new group of people as not one of them (atleast that I know of) has ever attended one of my shows.:)

What I've found, and others may agree with this or not, is that people who attend really big shows think that they have to have a lot of people at their show, and don't book because that scares them. Make a point of mentioning that "Mary did a fantastic job getting all of you here tonight - my average show has 15 people, so forgive me if I'm a little disorganized." That will let people know that they aren't expected to have 30 people there.

chefann said:
What I've found, and others may agree with this or not, is that people who attend really big shows think that they have to have a lot of people at their show, and don't book because that scares them. Make a point of mentioning that "Mary did a fantastic job getting all of you here tonight - my average show has 15 people, so forgive me if I'm a little disorganized." That will let people know that they aren't expected to have 30 people there.
This is a great way to put it! I agree that the amount of people at a party may put some people off.

Another thing is when you are making your CCC's you can ask again, and that way you can spend more time with them. You can say that Suzy Hostess had so many guests and I wasn't used to that. Did I give you the opportunity to earn free product by hosting your own show?

Sarah

those are great suggestions! Thanks a bunch!

That sounds great! I would do some host-coaching to get the host excited about having her friends book off of her show as well, maybe give her an incentive? Guests are more likely to book if their friends are telling them to, rather you telling them to. :)

I just did a show...wanted more July bookings in the FIRST 2 weeks...so I said ~ "Mary will LOVE you if you book a party, because she will get something at 60% at YOUR party ~ BUT ~ I'm offering a GREAT special ONLY AVAILABLE TONIGHT ~ anyone hosting a party in the first 2 weeks in July, you'll get a free party ~ I'll bring the demo ingredients AND dessert! Anyone booking the last 2 weeks will get FREE demo ingredients and anyone having a party in Aug ~ you get dessert free!"

I got 5 bookings ~ 4 in July and 1 in Aug ~ 3 of the July parties are in the 1st two weeks of July...worth the cost to me...plus the cost is a WRITE-OFF!!!

Ginny

Kitchen2u said:
I got 5 bookings ~ 4 in July and 1 in Aug ~ 3 of the July parties are in the 1st two weeks of July...worth the cost to me...plus the cost is a WRITE-OFF!!!

BTW ~ there were only 6 guests!!! $750+ show!

Ginny

Great thread! I also want to add that if a host has prepared enough food to feed a small army, I make sure that I let guests know that they do not have to make this amount of food. Ofcouse, I try to relay this in a softer manner but I can't think of the words...I love the way chefaan phrased her wording. I am having massive brain cramps today and feel like I am one misplaced thought away from early dementia.:eek:

ok, I'm back from the show. Guess what? Only 7 guests plus the host! Whew! I know some of you may think I'm crazy, but I was kinda relieved.:eek: Of the 7 guests, 4 booked shows!!:D :D And one is also interested in a wedding registry! The host is considering signing up as a consultant :D :D after knowing that she would have such a great start. So looks like I still may be desperate for more shows after all!!:rolleyes: ;)
And btw, I think I'm just kinda more comfortable with a smaller crowd - 10 sounds good to me.:p :p

Love that suggestion Ginny - I will try it!!;)

Great job Amy! 4 bookings from 7 guests and a recruit. You definitely need to fill us in on what you did during the show. What is your secret? I would love to get results like that.

I agree....spill it!! Sounds like you had a great show! How were the sales?

Sales were not that great, just over $300. I did the bbq pork tenderloin and everyone went crazy! I think that is why I got the bookings - they want the baker ;) As for the host thinking about signing up, when I shared my story about doing PC to pay for extra-curricular activities for my kids, I think she had the "light bulb" moment. I had talked to her about being a consultant during host coaching, but I guess hearing a "real life" example helped. Of course, I know not to get too excited about that, I've had several potentials back out.

Kitchen2u said:
I just did a show...wanted more July bookings in the FIRST 2 weeks...so I said ~ "Mary will LOVE you if you book a party, because she will get something at 60% at YOUR party ~ BUT ~ I'm offering a GREAT special ONLY AVAILABLE TONIGHT ~ anyone hosting a party in the first 2 weeks in July, you'll get a free party ~ I'll bring the demo ingredients AND dessert! Anyone booking the last 2 weeks will get FREE demo ingredients and anyone having a party in Aug ~ you get dessert free!"

Ginny

Inspiration for my weekend shows. I need to fill the 1st two weeks of July as well.

Thanks again, Ginny!

Hope it works for ya guys... make SURE you put BIG emphasis on the words I put in CAPS....WITH EXCITEMENT!!! I say that at the BEGINNING of the show...then...

At the END of the party...I ask "Who had fun raise your hand? Great, I'm glad I did my job and entertained you! Who learn something new tonight? What did you learn? Oh...I just learned that tonight too! (LOL) Who wants a copy of the recipe we did tonight? Great, that means you REALLY liked it! LOL Everyone's getting a copy of it! Yeah! Who's going to take advantage of tonight's special and have a FUN party in the first 2 weeks of July and make Mary your #1 friend for life?"

Ginny

Ginny this is great stuff, congrats on fabulous bookings! :D

amy07 said:
Sales were not that great, just over $300. I did the bbq pork tenderloin and everyone went crazy! I think that is why I got the bookings - they want the baker ;) As for the host thinking about signing up, when I shared my story about doing PC to pay for extra-curricular activities for my kids, I think she had the "light bulb" moment. I had talked to her about being a consultant during host coaching, but I guess hearing a "real life" example helped. Of course, I know not to get too excited about that, I've had several potentials back out.

Great show! I love doing the BBQ Pork tenderloin! The Deep Covered Baker is one of my top sellers & makes a great booking tool. Good job! :D

What are some tips for successfully hosting a big Pampered Chef show with over 30 guests?

1. Plan ahead: Make a list of everything you need to do before the show, including ordering supplies and preparing recipes.

2. Enlist help: Ask a friend or family member to assist you with tasks such as setting up, greeting guests, and taking orders.

3. Create a seating plan: Consider the layout of your space and make sure everyone has a comfortable spot to sit and watch the demonstration.

4. Offer incentives: Encourage guests to RSVP by offering a special gift or discount for those who do, and consider offering a prize to the person who brings the most friends.

5. Keep it organized: Use a clipboard or notepad to keep track of orders, payments, and guest information to ensure a smooth and organized show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
cindylpal