• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should You Tease Guests with New Spring Items for Upcoming Shows?

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant debating whether to showcase new spring items at upcoming shows in order to book more shows. Other consultants encourage her to do so and share their own plans for showcasing the products. One consultant shares an idea for a Spring Fling Preview event where the new products will be given away as prizes. Another consultant suggests playing "good better best" during the full service checkout to encourage bookings for March. There is also a discussion about whether or not to tease the new products at the shows and the potential drawbacks of doing so.
JennyJennJen
Gold Member
I have 2 shows coming up on the 20th and 24th. I am debating if I should "tease" my guests with bringing in some of the new spring items in hopes to book more shows from these ones. I wouldn't use them during my demo, but to showcase them. Thoughts?

Of course you should!! This is why they ship them to you early. I didn't earn any this season, but placed my own order and can't wait for it to arrive :)....It should get you plenty of March bookings :)....Good luck

I'm making salsa at all of my shows - to showcase the MFP & mini mix n scraper....March is full, I'm working on April now!

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm making salsa at all of my shows - to showcase the MFP & mini mix n scraper....March is full, I'm working on April now!

You are doing this for this month? Awesome.

I am doing the Ultimate Chicken Fajitas...maybe I will use the MFP...I should be getting it today. But then again, I like showcasing our forged cultery for that too....hmmmm, decisions decisions.

JennyJennJen said:

I am doing the Ultimate Chicken Fajitas...maybe I will use the MFP...I should be getting it today. But then again, I like showcasing our forged cultery for that too....hmmmm, decisions decisions.

You can do both! Chop down the salsa ingredients with the forged cutlery and then throw it in the MFP.

If I had any other shows this month I totally would have give them a sneak peak.

Absolutely! I have already let the cat out of the bag to my hosts and facebook events! All the new goodies will be with me and the catalogs for them to check out....opened up more show openings for March. I LOVE the new items!

MY AD and I are doing a Spring Fling Preview event on the 26th where we're giving away all the new products, plus some old stuff. People can earn points for RSVPing, Attending, Bringing an adult guest, collecting outside orders, booking shows, and even signing! The person who earns the most points wins the biggest collection of the new stuff! I'm pretty excited about it! We're demo-ing the Salsa, LBPC, and Cupcakes Your Way.

When I sent the invitations, I sent the attached flyer, and the attached Score Card, plus a blue 2-part ticket and two red 2-part tickets. The blue is for the invited person, the reds are for his or her guests!

I only have one other face to face show this month, but I do plan to have the new products there, too!

Attachments

• Spring 2011 VIP Event.pub
    630 KB · Views: 519
  • Spring 2011 VIP Event Score Card.pub
    432 KB · Views: 340
mountainmama74 said:
MY AD and I are doing a Spring Fling Preview event on the 26th where we're giving away all the new products, plus some old stuff. People can earn points for RSVPing, Attending, Bringing an adult guest, collecting outside orders, booking shows, and even signing! The person who earns the most points wins the biggest collection of the new stuff! I'm pretty excited about it! We're demo-ing the Salsa, LBPC, and Cupcakes Your Way.

When I sent the invitations, I sent the attached flyer, and the attached Score Card, plus a blue 2-part ticket and two red 2-part tickets. The blue is for the invited person, the reds are for his or her guests!

I only have one other face to face show this month, but I do plan to have the new products there, too!

That sound very cool...good luck!

I'm playing "good better best" during the full service checkout. They can choose "good" taking home the f/w catalog "better" is a spring/summer mini and best is a host packed with full sized s/s catalogs in them but they have to host in march to get it. (I still take bookings 2-3 months out, but they don't get their host packet at the show. This gives me another opportunity to bring it by their house.) I read this idea on a post sometime in aug this past year somewhere on here. I'm trying it tonight at my show to see how it goes!!

I can't get your attachment to open....could you email it to me [email protected]

TIA!

Me too please, I could not get it to open. Would love to see it.

I will not be. I did this at a couple of August shows, and had several folks who were VERY unhappy that they couldn't buy those products that night. I wouldn't like it either. I will, of course, mention the new products and tell them all about them, but will not show them.

Hunter Mom said:
I will not be. I did this at a couple of August shows, and had several folks who were VERY unhappy that they couldn't buy those products that night. I wouldn't like it either. I will, of course, mention the new products and tell them all about them, but will not show them.

That is my biggest concern, but boy would the MFP make it so much easier :)

Maybe the way to go is to do a demo using the regular products. Then as a separate demo, you could say, "Now, I want to show you something brand new! It's going to be available starting in March. I'm just going to make a fast batch of salsa just to show you this exciting new product Pampered Chef just came out with. If you like this, then you're going to want to host a party in March (or later if your March is booked) so you can get it for FREE and give your friends the opportunity to get their hands on one, too!"Or something like that. This way, you are making something totally independent from the new products, so they don't get mad or frustrated that they can't buy what you used to make the recipe. And by just whipping out one or 2 products to do something that only takes a few minutes, with the forewarning, they shouldn't mind, but be excited to book a party. :)

Just wanted to add another thought...Before the show, let your host know what you are going to do. Tell her that if the guests want to order the new items, you can gather those orders and submit them in March as another show. If you put her in as a booking on herself, then she can get 2 monthly host specials for that "show", too. If it isn't enough for a show, just let her know she could do a book show and have a couple weeks to show off the new catalog to people and see if anyone wants something. It only takes a few MFP's to make it a show. If the guests are upset-and don't seem to be open to the idea of booking a party, you can let them know of this plan.

debbieskitchenhelper said:
Me too please, I could not get it to open. Would love to see it.

What's your email?

TEASE!!! gotta tease.. just a personal preference.. opps err I mean with the new products at remaining Feb shows. :)

ChefBeckyD said:

Do you buy the salsa ingrediants or ask the host to along with the ingrediants for the recipe she/he chose?

JennyJennJen said:

You can always do both! Used the cutlery to quarter items for the MFP.

I usually do a one day drop of new catalogs over the course of a few days for several different areas where I have hosts. Yesterday was the day to do a "back home" run. Well, I had to make 6 stops yesterday. I have two new products I had to show. The Chili Lime Rub and my new MFP. I have 5 pre-orders at 10% off for the MFP! And I did not even have to do anything but show them the product! I also have two bookings! One for March and one for April! Because these future hosts, and one is a NEW never has had a PC party before ever, and one is a long time host, who loved the MFP! Reason, she bought the Food Chopper but can not use it properly. Why you may ask? Because she has very bad arthritis in her right hand right below her thumb. It is so bad that the bone is deteriorating and she can no longer "pound" the Food Chopper handle hard enough to chop much of anything. She "played" with the new one and was in no pain what so ever and she could operate it with the tips of her fingers! No pounding, no pain! Now if that is not a selling point, I do not know what is! Plus, she loved that she could do more chopping at one time rather than having to stop and move to a bunch of other things. Less time, less pain, less mess. And I have to tell you, the 5 I sold at 10% off, these are people who need to be extremely frugal with their money right now. Not one of them saw this product as outrageously priced for what it can do. Two of them even own the cheaper ones from the fair but noticed the three tiered blade right away and knew it would be a much better product. The seller to them - the 5 year warranty! You do not get that from the hacks at the fair! So you need to show them off as soon as possible! I have two bookings from 6 stops, who knows what will happen after the next 20 or so I need to do this coming week!

That's awesome John! I can hear and am loving your excitement and enthusiasm! Glad you decided to share! WAHOOO for you! Now, let me take your tips and apply some action myself so I can see the reaction! :D

I even popped it in my book bag and took it to school! I think I have two sold there as well but am not sure yet. And my book bag - the catalog tote! It sparked enough interest that I am doing a catalog party there to make my second February party to get my HWC products free. Which, if anyone is interested, I put two order forms out for already in HWC thread under Fundraising.

mountainmama74 said:

I don't have microsoft publisher; can you email me a different version? [email protected]
Thanks so much!!

Keep up the momentum John! You have had a fab Feb, and I am glad!

I don't want my customers mad, so I separate the new stuff from the stuff they can buy that day. I keep a few of the new products hidden away. I tell them at the beginning of the show that the season is ending and I'll be pointing out the products that will be leaving us at the end of the month, just in case they want to order them before they're gone. I also tell them that I'll be giving them a sneak peek at the new products at the end of the show.

I did this Saturday at a show where the host is planning to start her own business soon. People LOVED the Manual Food Processor and booked March parties so they could get it 60% off.

1. What is "toTease or Not to Tease"?

"toTease or Not to Tease" is a tool designed to help you easily create decorative designs on your pastries and baked goods. It allows you to add fun and creative touches to your treats without the hassle of using traditional tools like piping bags.

2. How does "toTease or Not to Tease" work?

This tool works by having a series of interchangeable discs with different designs that can be easily attached to the top of the tool. Simply fill the tool with your desired frosting or filling, attach the disc, and press down on your pastry to create your desired design.

3. Is "toTease or Not to Tease" easy to clean?

Yes, this tool is designed to be easy to clean. The discs and the tool itself can be disassembled and washed with warm soapy water or placed in the dishwasher for convenience.

4. Can "toTease or Not to Tease" be used for more than just pastries?

Yes, this tool can be used for a variety of treats including cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and even savory dishes like mashed potatoes. It's a versatile tool that allows you to get creative with your food decorations.

5. Is "toTease or Not to Tease" safe to use?

Yes, this tool is safe to use. It is made with food-grade materials and the discs are designed to be sharp enough to create designs, but not sharp enough to cause harm. As with any kitchen tool, it is important to use caution and supervise children when using "toTease or Not to Tease".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ponvn591
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Granny52
  • ShelbyMichalek