• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant-Can Someone Answer My Questions?

In summary, the conversation covers questions about rewards for hosts of parties with multiple bookings, strategies for setting up a booth at a craft show to sell PC products, and offering free products to increase bookings. There is also a mention of not offering too many freebies as it can eat into profits. The conversation also includes tips on successful booth setups and the challenges of running a business on a military base.
ponvn591
Hi!
I just started my business in June and I have a few questions. I would appreciate if anyone can answer them.

1. When you get so many bookings at one show, how is the host of that show rewarded? Does the host get more free product value or a discount?

2. I was reading about setting up a booth at a craft show to sell PC. How does this work? Do i bring my PC items for display and as people come by they order out the catalog or should I have the items there with me so they can take home?

3. Finally, to get more bookings I was thinking about offering free products. How should I do this? Should I write on a paper or poster the names of the items I am offering for free to anyone who hosts a party or should I hand out cards with a product on each and tell the guest that if they host a party then they will get the item on their card for free?

Thanks!!

#1- she is rewarded by being able to purchase whatever month's host special is going on when that person who booked the party has their party!
#2- i have never done a booth i am doing one in december, what i am planning on doing is having cash and carry items there and then having the catalog out as well.
#3- i am doing a booking tree! with product offered for a certain date.

1. Jessica answered great.
2. I answered on your booth thread.
3. I use boxes (or eggs at Spring time)- each box has 1-3 things written inside. 1. You're having a party! 2. FREE gift (this is usually a SB cookbook or something small I have around) 3. Lockhart Bucks (which I use for an auction to auction off small items)

I pass around the boxes for everyone to take. I then tell them that every box has something inside. "All the boxes have Lockhart Bucks for today's auction. 50% of the boxes say You're having a party! I know some of you already know you want a party. If you let me know before you open your box, you can DOUBLE what is inside. And no. You don't have to have 2 shows with me. (they laugh at this). As we go around you have the choice not to open and see what is inside.

I rarely have people not opening the boxes. I will get 3-4 bookings per show. It really works. I saw this done at another direct selling party, and was amazed at how this worked. It worked! I definitely did not want a show, but I was compelled to open and find out what was inside. I got a free candle. No show. Wooh. And yes- they could say they didn't want a show, but because I said they had to, they do. Wierd, but true.

Regarding offering additional freebies for booking, it's not really necessary. Our host program is one of the best in the business. And if you get into the habit of offering additional items, customers will get accustomed to you doing that and will only book when you give them something extra. It will also eat into your profits, and the whole point of becoming a consultant is to make money. :) If you want to keep people from canceling you can always offer a small bonus if they keep the original date and have XX people in attendance, XX orders, or $XXX in total sales (you decide). But if you do that, make it a small-cost item, like $5 or so.

Jessica answered your first questionCash & Carry: No matter how hard you try, you will never have the right thing. Someone will always want something that you don't have. Don't break the bank trying to purchase items up front. The customers in the states get much faster shipping times than my customers here on the military base in Japan. We are not allowed to do cash & carry here because it violates the military rules & regulations to run our business through our military post office. My customers have to wait 4-6 weeks to get their product, compliments of PC's new "smart post" shipping method out here. :(I'm assuming that you are referring to a bonus for people who sign up to host a show at your booth? If you advertise "A FREE Cooking Show", you'll get a lot of interest. It means you buy the groceries for the recipe. If that's something you are willing to do. ;) I've done that at booths and had a fairly good response. I don't really give away extra stuff to my hostesses. I hand out SBRC to all guests who are on time & one to the hostess. My door prize drawing is free shipping which is a HUGE deal out here. We can't do "ship to host" here either. Everyone has to pay shipping to their own mailbox. After those giveaways, I really can't afford to keep giving away stuff. But if you are going to offer free stuff, make it the stuff you can get off the supply order for a discount: can strainers, spreader, iSlice, SBRC, etc. I used to give those type of items away as door prizes. I'd hold up 3-4 different things & let the winner choose which one they wanted. They always loved getting to choose.

I never have cash and carry items at my booths or tables at fairs, but then again, my main concern at fairs is not sales- it is recruit and show leads. I would advise you to bring the products you have from your kit, any other products you may have that you want to bring, set them up nicely at your booth, it always helps to have candy to give away and a raffle for a FREE COOKING SHOW (what they don't know is that everyone wins a free cooking show!) have a catalog or two for people to flip through and some order forms in case anyone wants to place an order.Most importantly, have some drawing slips for people to fill out, let them know you're doing a drawing for a free cooking show, and have recipe cards with your info on them to hand out.You may not get a ton of sales from a booth, but you will get a bunch of show leads, and maybe a recruit lead or two!

1. How do I get started as a new consultant with Pampered Chef?

To get started as a new consultant with Pampered Chef, you will need to sign up for our starter kit. This kit includes all the tools and resources you need to start your business, including product samples, catalogs, and training materials.

2. What kind of training and support do you offer for new consultants?

We offer comprehensive training and support for all of our new consultants. This includes online training courses, one-on-one coaching, and access to a community of experienced consultants who can answer your questions and offer advice.

3. Do I need to have a background in sales to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need a background in sales to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant. Our training and support will provide you with all the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. The most important qualities for success as a consultant are enthusiasm and a passion for our products.

4. How much time do I need to commit as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The amount of time you commit as a Pampered Chef consultant is entirely up to you. Some consultants work their business full-time, while others have other jobs or commitments and work part-time. You can set your own schedule and determine how much time you want to dedicate to your business.

5. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant offers many benefits, including the opportunity to earn income, flexible hours, and the ability to work from home. You will also have access to discounted products, training and support, and the chance to be part of a supportive and fun community of consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Granny52
  • ponvn591
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefErin