• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get the Big #s: My Pledge to Increase Show Totals

In summary, the author says that she has been disappointed in the number of guests attending her shows lately, and she wants the big numbers. She says that she will start mailing invitations for her hostesses, make reminder calls for them, and do the shopping for them if they have 20 guests at their show. She says that her show attendance went up (almost doubled!) once she started mailing out the invitations a year ago.
mrssyvo
I had a brunch show this morning, and I have been somewhat disappointed in the number of guests attending, and bookings from shows lately. I realize that show totals, recruiting numbers and bookings are all tied in to how many show up. I work just as hard for 5 guests as 20, so I want the big #'s.
My upline director challenged me this week to start mailing invitations for my hostesses, that it made a big difference for her, so I decided that with my show today, I would mention that I am now going to send out invitations for my hostesses, and do the shopping for them, and if they have 20 at their show, the ingredients are FREE!!!!! Well, there were 7 guests in attendance, and I got 4 bookings, and all 4 of them said, "If I have 20 there, it's free? " SO, This is my pledge- for the Spring/Summer season, I will send out the invites, make reminder calls for them, etc. I am tired of working so hard, and not having the totals to show how hard I am working.

YAY for you!

I've always done the invites. Just as a piece of mind that they got sent out, and to make it easier on the hostess. I tell them as part of my booking talk that I mail the invites, they provide the friends!

mrssyvo said:
I had a brunch show this morning, and I have been somewhat disappointed in the number of guests attending, and bookings from shows lately. I realize that show totals, recruiting numbers and bookings are all tied in to how many show up. I work just as hard for 5 guests as 20, so I want the big #'s.
My upline director challenged me this week to start mailing invitations for my hostesses, that it made a big difference for her, so I decided that with my show today, I would mention that I am now going to send out invitations for my hostesses, and do the shopping for them, and if they have 20 at their show, the ingredients are FREE!!!!! Well, there were 7 guests in attendance, and I got 4 bookings, and all 4 of them said, "If I have 20 there, it's free? " SO, This is my pledge- for the Spring/Summer season, I will send out the invites, make reminder calls for them, etc. I am tired of working so hard, and not having the totals to show how hard I am working.

Sounds great! I hope it pans out for you. Keep us posted. When are the shows booked for (months)?

Do you pay for the postage or do you have them reimburse you at the show?

Jules711 said:
Do you pay for the postage or do you have them reimburse you at the show?

I assume that if she is offering a free show that she pays for the postage not the host. But it is only if they guarantee her 20 guests that it is free so she could make out well. I surely hope that some people don't just have 20 "bodies" and not buying customers to think they can get away with it though.

My show attendance went WAY up (almost doubled!) once I started mailing out the invites a year ago November. I think a lot of hosts lie about how many they send out, or if they send them at all! (Not that they are trying to decieve us, but I think time gets away from them and then they just don't do it!) Now, I know EXACTLY how many are being invited, and I know that the invites are going out at least 2 weeks before the show!

I have just been writing off the cost of postage, but I am going to start mailing full page invites in business size envelopes, so postage will be .39 instead of .24- so I may ask them for the postage. Not sure yet!

Make it EASY for themto say YES.....I started out this way. I tell them I do their mailings, their einvites, their shopping their cooking AND clean up after myself.....all they need to do is a head count 2 days out, bring in some outside orders, and supply the drinks.....

I like it because I am in control. I send out the invites, pay for the postage, it's a write off, do ONE recipe, again, it's a write off, send the e-invites, so I know the timing on them and do the reminders too.....I bring an empty tub to the show and fill it with my dirty dishes. I don't clean them up there, i drag them home and do them.

The REASON most people say NO is because they think it is a TON of work, if we show them it's not, and it can be fun and easy.....NOT To mention the people you add to your contact lists and your newsletter distribution....;)

Much success to you....I think YOU will like it better because you know WHO got the invites, WHAT ingredients you have and don't end up having to SCRAMBLE out for something or do without something....LOL....I'm SUCH a control freak....LOL:cool:

I will be paying for postage, and I thought about saying 20 BUYING guests. I am not sure how to stress that without offending, but I have heard of 20 people, including husbands and kids, and that I do NOT want to deal with. I once had a show on a Sunday afternoon, with 25 "guests" and the show total was only $250. I just decided that if I am going to work so hard, it will be worth it. All of my shows this month have been 8 or less guests, and I am tired of that, it was time for a change !!!!!

I really like this idea.

I'm thinking that I would have the host buy the ingredients as they normally would for me and keep $15 cash on hand and when they have 10 or more people in attendance at their show I'd "present" them with the cash to show their guests that it truly is a FREE show.

I'm going to give it a try at my show tomorrow. And let my already booked show's know.:cool:

mrssyvo said:
I will be paying for postage, and I thought about saying 20 BUYING guests. I am not sure how to stress that without offending, but I have heard of 20 people, including husbands and kids, and that I do NOT want to deal with. I once had a show on a Sunday afternoon, with 25 "guests" and the show total was only $250. I just decided that if I am going to work so hard, it will be worth it. All of my shows this month have been 8 or less guests, and I am tired of that, it was time for a change !!!!!

See, that's what concerns me. Sure someone can fill a room but I don't want kids as the count. If a husband is there to assist with them spending I usually don't mind because sometimes the husband tells the wife what he likes and they end up buying more than if she came alone.

If someone can think of a tactful way of expressing this and post it I think it would be helpful.

I'd say that if you're handing the invitations then you'd basically know who the "guests" are. And to me it would be common sense that it's "buying" guest or adult guests, but could be included as part of the host coaching.

On my flyers I put "when you have 10 guests in attendance I'll reimburse you the cost of the ingredients" and that I'd do the mailings and follow-up calls. When I talk to my hosts I'll be up front and let them know that "to be fair" the guests in attendance are from their guest list or friends brought by their guest list but do not include children...

I'm sure they'd understand, and if anyone gets offended at not including children as guests then I guess I could be offended that they'd think something that was geared towards adults making purchases would be directed at children, and it'd make them look like cheats.

I guess it should be in writing as part of host coaching for clarification purposes so that would be a good way of doing it.

Another consultant gave me the idea of giving the host free ingredients if she helps you get 3 or more bookings. She buys the groceries ahead of time so she can prep at home, then, if there are less than 3 three bookings, she adds the cost of ingredients to the host's total.

I like your idea for attendance, though. Could you say, "...with 20 or more guests age 18 and over?" Like you guys said, host coaching is key there.

The way I look at it is....that having a "stipulation" to the free ingredients or mailings should really not be an issue. If you keep your receipts, it is a write off for your business number one, AND it gives you more control over how many invites your hosts are actually putting together to send out, if you receive a list with 4 names on it, THEN you will know they either aren't working for their benefits and that will give you the chance to do more Host Coaching and get more invites from them. Secondly, I'm sure everyone has had it happen tha the MAJOR ingredients have been either forgotten or the correct ingredient isn't picked up, so this just eleviates the issue, you KNOW exactly what your cooking AND you can pre-prep before leaving for your show as well and store the items in the prep bowls in a mini cooler.....it is another way of "Controlling your business". Especially when you are using your online website as well. Don't expect the HOST to send the E-invites, be sure to send them for them, IF they send them, do a follow up introducing yourself and cheering on the Host to get her WISH LIST.....

This all benefits both HOST and CONSULTANT......

Kelley Sells said:
Secondly, I'm sure everyone has had it happen tha the MAJOR ingredients have been either forgotten or the correct ingredient isn't picked up

:D I actually did that with my show! :eek: Luckily my husband was able to dash to the store for us, and my consultant/recruiter was great about it but it was embarrassing!:eek:

How about just say 20 "Orders" - who cares if they are in the room? You just want to have 20 orders.

So what is the average you spend on postage?
KellyTheChef said:
My show attendance went WAY up (almost doubled!) once I started mailing out the invites a year ago November. I think a lot of hosts lie about how many they send out, or if they send them at all! (Not that they are trying to decieve us, but I think time gets away from them and then they just don't do it!) Now, I know EXACTLY how many are being invited, and I know that the invites are going out at least 2 weeks before the show!

I have just been writing off the cost of postage, but I am going to start mailing full page invites in business size envelopes, so postage will be .39 instead of .24- so I may ask them for the postage. Not sure yet!

What is the average amount you usually spend on postage? I am thinking of trying this but I dont want break the bank. TY in advance!!

I personally tell my hosts that I can be their personal assistant. I will pick up the groceries and anything else they need (paper cups/plates) so they don't have to scour the aisles for an odd ingredient and I can send out the invitations for them as well so they don't have to worry about when to do it. I'll just give them a total when I get to the show. It's a service I provide and they love it b/c most people don't have postcard stamps and are busy so not shopping is great. Sometimes the host wants to do it themselves, but not usually. I've never had a bad response to that. Also, I do tend to pay for the recipe if they have a $500 show or more. If it's $800, I may pay for postage. As you said, it's a write-off.

I think the HO gift items for 15 paying guests in Jan or Feb is a great idea if you wanted to do something similar with this idea. I've been toying with offering something along those lines in the coming months to continue the momentum.

I think people will work harder if there are perks along the way. Of course our host program is great, but some people will try harder to get as much as they can!

My incentive this year is collect $150 in sales and/or 2 booking dates before your show and I shop for the ingredients. (it was orignally BUY, but my first host I tried it on had no clue on amounts and spent like $36! But it was an almost $700 show so definitely worth it). That way I know going in it's a qualifying show or that I at least have future biz from it.

If you decide to pay for the ingredients, control the recipe. Make something that is great, but not expensive. I also make a box of cake or brownies in the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan as well. There are several recipes that are only about $5 to make and they don't know that's why that's the recipe you are offering.

pamperedharriet said:
See, that's what concerns me. Sure someone can fill a room but I don't want kids as the count. If a husband is there to assist with them spending I usually don't mind because sometimes the husband tells the wife what he likes and they end up buying more than if she came alone.

If someone can think of a tactful way of expressing this and post it I think it would be helpful.

When I had my show, my director/recruiter had a host bingo sheet for me to use as a checklist with a certain dollar amount in free product depending on how many bingos or squares I filled as an incentive. One of her squares said, "Have 15 adult guests in attendance (Couples count as one)." I thought that was simply stated and made complete sense. I took it as a way to benefit my party... I didn't even think about how it would benefit her:) But then I was so excited to earn free product that I brought in $2050 in sales for her!

Hope that wording helps!

What is "Get the Big #s: My Pledge to Increase Show Totals"?

"Get the Big #s: My Pledge to Increase Show Totals" is a program offered by Pampered Chef to help consultants increase their show totals and ultimately boost their sales. It includes a series of tips and techniques to help consultants achieve bigger and better results at their shows.

How can "Get the Big #s" benefit me as a Pampered Chef consultant?

By following the strategies and methods outlined in "Get the Big #s," you can increase your show totals and ultimately increase your sales and profits. This program is designed to help you become a more successful and efficient consultant, and ultimately grow your business with Pampered Chef.

Is there a cost associated with participating in "Get the Big #s"?

No, there is no cost to participate in "Get the Big #s." This program is offered as a free resource for Pampered Chef consultants to help them grow their business and achieve better results at their shows.

Do I have to be a certain level or have a specific amount of experience to participate in "Get the Big #s"?

No, "Get the Big #s" is open to all Pampered Chef consultants regardless of their level or experience. Whether you're a new consultant or a seasoned veteran, you can benefit from the tips and techniques offered in this program to increase your show totals and sales.

How do I access "Get the Big #s" as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To access "Get the Big #s," simply log into your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Resources" tab. From there, you can find the program under the "Training and Tools" section. You can also contact your Pampered Chef mentor or consultant support for more information and assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amy07
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Pampered Laura
  • leshelman