• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mother/Daughter Tea: A Fun Idea for Mother's Day!

In summary, Tracy is thinking of doing a Mother/Daughter show with a competition between teams to make a recipe. She also suggests doing a Mother's Day tea with a variety of dishes.
pamperedtracy
Gold Member
Does anyone have any good ideas for a Mother/Daughter show? Games played, recipe made etc. I had a host interested in doing something in May around Mother's day and include the daughters. I am thinking the daughters are around 10-12 years old.

She was also going to capitolize on the Help Whip Cancer promotion.

Just thought I would check with all of you creative cheffers out there.

Thanks bunches,
Tracy :) :) :)

Just bumping this back up for help.

Tracy

You could chose a couple of recipes and have a contest between teams as to who could complete the recipe first. You could have one recipe that has a creation part and a decoration part and have the Moms do the creation and the daughers decorate.

I like that idea. Thanks.

Any others??

Tracy

In October, I did a party for 5 Moms and their 6 daughters who were early teens 12-14, is my guess. Everyone got involved in decorating some pre-baked pumpkin cakes made in our mini-fluted stoneware. You can see a photo on my website: www.pamperedchef.biz/grandmarita Once the cakes were decorated, the husband and my husband judged their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices. We totaled points from each judge, and awarded a Quik Stir to 1st,
and SBCK to 2nd and 3rd. They also got to take their cakes home, and we ate the cakes the other three decorated. I took pictures of each Mom and daughter with their cakes, and gave a copy to the hostess to give with their orders. Everyone had a marvelous time. I expect we will do it again.

For Mother's Day you could do cakes in our mini-loaf pan, and have them decorate them like a package in pinks, and with lots of decorations from the bulk section of your local grocery i.e. M&M's, sprinkles, chopped nuts, or peppermints, red cinnamons, cranraisins, raisins, licorice strings, you get the idea. Or, you could do cupcakes or batterbowl cakes and decorate as Dolls,
and they create the clothing with the above. Perhaps in that case, you could have teams of three or four working together, so there is one adult with every one or two girls (just in case someone is without a Mom in attendance).

Thanks, great idea also!!

Tracy

I just did a mother daughter and they made dinner for the Mom's they made quick chicken primavera risotto and I made warm Hazelnut chocolate cake. It was way to complicated to properly address the Mom's who were buying. They purchased $200.00 I had 4 moms. They said they loved it but the girls were hyper and giggly and didn't focus to well. I am doing another for my 6 year old daughter and there mothers but I am changing the recipe and the format. I will prepare everything and have the girls put it together. My older girl will do an activity with them while I sell to the moms. My goal is to boost bookings none from the last show.

This is a wonderful idea!! Totally like the idea of tying it into HWC too!!! like the idea of daughters cooking for moms, but I also like the idea of teams.... decisions, decisions....:) :) :)

This is a game you could split the mothers and daughters or make just 2 teams mixed. There are 2 similar recipes and neither team know what they are making. You need to cut the Team's instructions and put them each in an envelope. They have to follow instructions to make recipe, not even knowing what it should look like! There's "bumps in the road" where they have to stop and ask the consultant the specials or steal products from the other team. It's great fun, even for ladies who know PC and want something different or co-ed parties!!

Attachments

• AmazingRace_Team1.pub
    43.5 KB · Views: 329
  • AmazingRace_Team2.pub
    42.5 KB · Views: 235
  • AmazingRace_GroceryList.pub
    34.5 KB · Views: 230
  • AmazingRace_SupplyList.doc
    21 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
What about doing a Mom and Daughter Tea? You could use SA to display and eat with and make the floral cupcakes or a trifle and even some little finger sandwiches (Ult. Mand, bread knife, cut n' seal, spreaders, seasonings, creative cutters, etc). That would be so cute! You could even "charge" the guests and provide all the ingredients and maybe a pink mini measure all filled with kisses for each duo. It could be a really fun afternoon. Also, decorating cookies with the decorator bottles and the stencils. This is starting to sound like so much fun I may have to get one of these together :)

What is a Mother/Daughter Theme Show?

A Mother/Daughter Theme Show is a fun and interactive cooking demonstration where mothers and daughters can bond over delicious food and learn new recipes together.

What types of products will be featured at the Mother/Daughter Theme Show?

The Mother/Daughter Theme Show will feature a variety of Pampered Chef products, including our top-selling kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware. We will also showcase some exclusive mother/daughter themed products.

Can I bring my teenage daughter to the Mother/Daughter Theme Show?

Absolutely! The Mother/Daughter Theme Show is open to all mothers and daughters, regardless of their age. It's a great opportunity to spend quality time with your daughter and create lasting memories.

Will there be any special offers or discounts at the Mother/Daughter Theme Show?

Yes, there will be exclusive discounts and offers available only at the Mother/Daughter Theme Show. Don't miss out on these great deals!

Do I need to purchase anything at the Mother/Daughter Theme Show?

There is no obligation to purchase anything at the Mother/Daughter Theme Show. However, if you see something you love, our consultants will be available to assist you with placing an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mgranich
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • chefmeg
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies