• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mother/Daughter Tea for Hwc...need Ideas!!

In summary, the author is planning to have a mother/daughter tea in honor of HWC and is looking for ideas on what to do. Some ideas include pink trifle, sandwich ring, raspberry lemonade in QSP, and pink lemonade. All of these ideas are pink, and the author would like to see if anyone has any other ideas.
chefmeg
Gold Member
I have decided to have a mother/daughter tea the Saturday before Mother's Day in honor of HWC...anyone have any cute ideas about recpies, door prizes, ANYTHING???:D Planning to invite past hosts as well as friends & neighbors.

TIA

Pink Trifle?
Tuxedo Brownie Bites with filling tinted pink?
Raspberry Lemonade in QSP? (it's basically lemonade with a package of frozen raspberries mixed in....for those who don't like tea)
Sandwich Ring?

Pink items as door prizes (pink M&M's tied in tulle, Pink TicTacs-found these last year at WalMart, small pink candles, etc.)

Sounds like a great idea! Hope you have a large turnout!

thanks! I love the pink ideas and I hope the turn out is good as I never seem to get the response I am looking for when I have something in my own home! I will have to do some serious phone calling with this one.

I love this idea

let us know what you finally come up with

I might try something the week after mother's because the week before is way to busy for everyone.

~

Stick with pink
chefmeg said:
I have decided to have a mother/daughter tea the Saturday before Mother's Day in honor of HWC...anyone have any cute ideas about recpies, door prizes, ANYTHING???:D Planning to invite past hosts as well as friends & neighbors.

TIA

I would definitely stick with pink for this one.

Pink Lemonade
Pink trifle of some sort
Casserole to feed a small crowd - Pronto Pasta Bake (easy, delicious and cheap) You can kind of make this look pink by adding some heavy whipping cream to the tomato sauce before you add it in.
Pink plates, forks, cups, napkins

As for door prizes -
I saw someone post that Family Dollar was having some sort of sale on pink products in honor of breast cancer month.
You could also do pink pot holders, pink kitchen towels, pink stationary, pink pens or pencils, pink candles, pink shower puff with inexpensive pink body wash, lotion, etc in pink bags.

Can you tell I like pink? My favorite color is actually navy blue but I just love pink for the month of May and would really like to take advantage of it for my upcoming shows.

Debbie :D

you guys are great!thanks for the pink ideas!

1. What type of food should I serve at the Mother/Daughter tea?

For a Mother/Daughter tea, it is common to serve traditional tea party fare such as finger sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, and a variety of sweet treats like petit fours, macarons, and mini cupcakes. You can also add some savory options like quiches or mini tartlets to balance out the sweetness. Consider incorporating some themed dishes or using cute cookie cutters to make the food more festive.

2. Do I need to use special tea sets or dishes for the tea?

While using special tea sets and dishes can add an elegant touch to the event, they are not necessary. You can use regular plates and cups, or even mix and match different sets for a more eclectic look. If you do want to use special tea sets, consider borrowing them from friends or family or purchasing them from a thrift store to save money.

3. What are some fun activities to do at the Mother/Daughter tea?

There are many fun activities you can do at a Mother/Daughter tea to keep guests entertained. You can have a tea party etiquette lesson, where you teach guests how to properly hold a teacup and use a tea strainer. You can also have a tea tasting, where guests can try different types of tea and learn about their origins. Another idea is to have a crafting station where guests can decorate their own teacups or make their own tea blends.

4. How can I make the Mother/Daughter tea more special?

To make the Mother/Daughter tea more special, you can add personal touches like creating a themed playlist or designing custom invitations. You can also incorporate some sentimental elements, such as using family heirloom tea sets or including a special photo display of mothers and daughters. Adding a dress code or encouraging guests to wear fancy hats can also make the event feel more special.

5. Can I have the Mother/Daughter tea outdoors?

Yes, you can have the Mother/Daughter tea outdoors, weather permitting. Just make sure to have a backup plan in case of rain or extreme temperatures. You can set up a beautiful outdoor tea party with a picnic blanket or a small table and chairs. Consider adding some floral or greenery decorations to enhance the outdoor atmosphere.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mgranich
  • pamperedtracy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • visitor1997