• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mom in Need of Stroller Advice!

In summary, Jennifer found a good deal on a Jeep All Weather Reclining Umbrella Stroller at Walmart.com. Cole will outgrow it relatively soon, but the stroller has a lot of features that are liked by the family.
buckeyefan08
SO we went to this awsome new splash park today and I decided that I need a new stroller. I have used my stroller more with Christopher than both of the girls combined. It's the stroller from my travel system. It's heavy, large, and a big pain! He is only three months old so an umbrella stroller won't work. I need one in between. I've been looking online for two hours and I'm blown away by the prices! Anyone have any cheap reccomendations? He is the last baby we will have and I can't justify spending a fortune on a stoller. (I'm thinking it's time to hit a yard sale!)

Cole is 2 months and he rides in an umbrella stroller but it is bigger than the umbrella stroller I had with Luke. I will either put a blanket on the sides of his head or use one of those things that go in the car seat to support his head in it.

I got it at walmart. Let me see if I can find it online for you to see.

You can find great deals at consignment shops or garage sales. You'd be amazed at the good condition and the $ you can save. I'd call the consignment shops first just so you don't waste your time. I HATE to do garage sales, but I forced myself to go to our neighborhood one a few months ago. I'm so glad I did. I got a Eddie Bauer double stroller for $45, and at consignment shops it runs around $75. Good luck!

That is so funny Jennifer! The first one is the one we bought last noght. They didn't have it set up in the store but I made sure I'd be able to return it if needed. DH put it together and Christopher fills that thing! He sits in it fine but I bet you in a month his head would poke out the top! He looks like a two year old sitting in it!!:eek:
The second one you linked has the other things you my like listed alond the side. There is another Jeep Stoller for a little more $ but they had that at the store last night in blue and grey and black. Maybe I'll go get that one.
The other thing is the baskets are tiny!!!!

We have 5 strollers, 3 single and 2 double. We have the single jeep and LOVE IT!! We have a Chico side by side and it has the baskets and the sunshade and I love it, it also reclines individually and is very light weight.
We have the tandem strollers and the side by side. It depends on wht mood the kids are in and if they like to be next to each other or not. My neighbors come to me when they need to borrow one :) Glad you found one you liked :)

buckeyefan08 said:
That is so funny Jennifer! The first one is the one we bought last noght. They didn't have it set up in the store but I made sure I'd be able to return it if needed. DH put it together and Christopher fills that thing! He sits in it fine but I bet you in a month his head would poke out the top! He looks like a two year old sitting in it!!:eek:
The second one you linked has the other things you my like listed alond the side. There is another Jeep Stoller for a little more $ but they had that at the store last night in blue and grey and black. Maybe I'll go get that one.
The other thing is the baskets are tiny!!!!

That's funny that u got the one I posted. We like it. Luke had a bigger one when he was little but it took up so much room in the car we opted for a smaller one this time.

Some friends gave is the Sit n Stand for when they both need to be in it. And it is great too and Luke likes being in it too. He thinks he has to be strolled if Cole is and I try to accomodate as much as possible to keep jealousy down!:D

I have the Jeep All terrain stroller in black, blue and gray. Love it! Actually, my son has outgrown it and we had it in our yard sale but it didn't sale. Too bad you aren't close to me. My son has cerebral palsy and is small for his age. we got it when he was around a year old. He is turning 5 and we used it that long. would have still been using it but he got too long. The basket in it is huge!

If you were closer I would buy it from you!!! (figures:rolleyes:)

Lisa - I bought one for my little granddaughter made by Carters. I got it on clearance from Target for $15 - best buy I ever got and she is almost 2 and still fits in it just fine. Very lightweight and folds up easily. I did not see that brand on their website but it looks very similar to the Jeep ones - it has held up great and the best part is it has a huge basket at the bottom and cupholder - tray thingy up top. I dont know if the Carters ones can be found anywhere else but I would highly recommend it.

UPDATE!!!
I went to Target and got a Cosco ALtura stroller today. I took the smaller one back. This one is still a "mid-size" but it's a little bigger. It has an awesome tray for Christopher and for me. (well, actually for the girls drinks) The basket is big and it has a head support in it so his head doesn't bounce off the sides. It's also a wipeable fabric. So far we love it! I'll keep you posted after the park tomarrow.

1. What are the most important features to consider when choosing a stroller for a new mom?

The most important features to consider when choosing a stroller for a new mom are safety, maneuverability, and versatility. Make sure the stroller has a sturdy frame, a secure harness, and a good braking system. It should also be easy to push and turn, especially in tight spaces. Look for a stroller that can adapt to different terrains and has a variety of recline positions for a comfortable ride for both the baby and the mom.

2. How important is the size and weight of the stroller for a mom who will be using it frequently?

The size and weight of the stroller are very important for a mom who will be using it frequently. A lightweight and compact stroller will be easier to maneuver and transport, especially when on-the-go. Look for strollers that can be easily folded and stored, and also consider the weight limit to ensure it can accommodate your growing baby.

3. What type of stroller is best for a mom who loves to exercise?

A jogging stroller is the best option for a mom who loves to exercise. These strollers are designed to be more durable and have larger wheels to handle rough terrain. They also have a lockable front wheel for stability during runs and walks. However, if you prefer to take long walks, a lightweight and easy-to-maneuver stroller would be a better fit.

4. What is the ideal stroller for a mom with twins?

For moms with twins, a double stroller would be the most practical choice. There are two types of double strollers: side-by-side and tandem. Side-by-side strollers allow both babies to be seated next to each other, while tandem strollers have one seat in front of the other. Consider your lifestyle and the features you need to determine which type of double stroller would work best for you.

5. Are there any additional accessories that would be helpful for a new mom using a stroller?

There are several accessories that can make using a stroller more convenient for a new mom. Some helpful accessories include a car seat adapter, a parent console for storing items, a rain cover, and a stroller organizer. You may also want to consider purchasing a stroller with a compatible bassinet or a stroller that can be converted to a travel system for added convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMomto4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies