• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mom & Baby Sale: Should I Set Up a Booth?

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker being offered a booth at a local sale for moms and babies, but they are unsure if it would be worth it since there may be more direct sale vendors than moms and babies vendors. The booth costs $20 and the speaker is considering using recipe cards or small gifts to promote their business. They also discuss the idea of recruiting moms with young children. They suggest checking for Easter markdowns to add to their booth and focusing on recruiting at the event.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
I was offered an oppourtunity to set up a booth at a local sale on April 12th. The only thing stopping me from doing it, is that it is a "Mom and Baby Sale". As of right now the organizer says there are more direct sale vendors than actual mom and baby vendors which is what the sale was set up for. ( they were going to have like a indoor garage sale for gently used baby and mom items.)

It is $20 for a booth. I know I got an email a while back with all kind of PC items that were great for those with a young child. Would you do this or no??

Help me make up my mind ladies! :D

it is a way to get your name out and around i am doing a home show in a week and one in june so those smaller ones are great. and you can get more bookings too. Look at it that way

$20 isn't that much for a booth. Do they know how many people they are expecting? If you get ONE solid show lead, it will pay for itself and get you into a new set of people!

$20 isn't bad. Type up a recipe card that is quick and simple to hand out with your info on it.

Yeah it isn't the price stopping me. I just don't know how many people are going to be there, and if (since it is a mom and baby sale) anyone will even be interested in PC since that is not what they are there for. KWIM?? I just don't want to spend my whole day there if it isn't going to be that big of a thing.

Or make your own play dough and put a small amount in a plastic baggie. Put your name and info on a label on the outside of the bag. Or even the recipe for playdough on a recipe card with your info.

climbercanoe3 said:
Or make your own play dough and put a small amount in a plastic baggie. Put your name and info on a label on the outside of the bag. Or even the recipe for playdough on a recipe card with your info.

That is a cool idea. :) I was just think of doing something like that but witj bubbles. Like buying those little bottles of bubbles that people buy for weddings. Just the plain ones without the cake or hearts on them and attaching them to a recipe card. Something for the mom and something for the kids! :D

The great thing with the playdough idea is that they use the tools you sell to make it. (measuring cups and spoons, bowls, bamboo spoon) Then they can use lots of other tools to play with the play dough. (baker's roller, creative cutters, kid knife, cut-n-seal)

elizabethfox said:
That is a cool idea. :) I was just think of doing something like that but witj bubbles. Like buying those little bottles of bubbles that people buy for weddings. Just the plain ones without the cake or hearts on them and attaching them to a recipe card. Something for the mom and something for the kids! :D
Not sure when your booth is, but check at WalMart or Target on Monday for the after Easter markdowns. Every year I am in charge of our easter egg hunt at church, and last year I got little bubble "rings" that were pretty cheap! I will be checking the stores on Monday for stuff like that to add to our eggs when stuffing them!

ETA- I just noticed that you DID put the date on there! Don't spend too much $$ on them, in case there aren't a ton of people that show up! Make sure your recipe cards have your info on them. They will hold onto a recipe card, and then down the road they have your contact info!

I would definitely concentrate on the Recruiting side of things with Moms of babies/young children!

ChefBeckyD said:
I would definitely concentrate on the Recruiting side of things with Moms of babies/young children!

Yeah I would love to get a few recruits! My director would love it too...ha ha...

What kind of things should I do for the recruiting info?? I know the fliers and booklets, but anyother great ideas??

KellyTheChef said:
Not sure when your booth is, but check at WalMart or Target on Monday for the after Easter markdowns. Every year I am in charge of our easter egg hunt at church, and last year I got little bubble "rings" that were pretty cheap! I will be checking the stores on Monday for stuff like that to add to our eggs when stuffing them!

ETA- I just noticed that you DID put the date on there! Don't spend too much $$ on them, in case there aren't a ton of people that show up! Make sure your recipe cards have your info on them. They will hold onto a recipe card, and then down the road they have your contact info!

I don't plan on spending too much. I couldn't afford it even if I wanted too! I can get boxes of those little bubbles ( $1 for 12) at our local dollar store. But I still like the playdough idea too :)

elizabethfox said:
Yeah I would love to get a few recruits! My director would love it too...ha ha...

What kind of things should I do for the recruiting info?? I know the fliers and booklets, but anyother great ideas??
I would just have the recruiting special flyer printed out and on your table. I wouldn't give them much more info than that. You can follow up with a phone call to answer questions and see if they want "further" info. Sometimes if you give them too much info, they will "talk themselves out of it."

Do it - even if you only get one booking, it will pay for itself!

If you have the Salad & Berry Spinner, you could take that. Put a sign or something that says "You can have me for FREE - Just ask how!" or something to that affect.

That promo is good as long as they sign by April 14th.

Related to Mom & Baby Sale: Should I Set Up a Booth?

1. What are the benefits of setting up a booth at the Mom & Baby Sale?

Setting up a booth at the Mom & Baby Sale allows you to showcase and sell your products to a targeted audience of expecting and new moms. It also provides the opportunity to network with other vendors and potentially gain new customers.

2. How much does it cost to set up a booth at the Mom & Baby Sale?

The cost of setting up a booth varies depending on the location and size of the event. Please contact the event organizers for specific pricing information.

3. What products should I bring to the Mom & Baby Sale?

The Mom & Baby Sale is a great opportunity to showcase products that are specifically geared towards expecting and new moms, such as kitchen tools for making baby food or meal prep for busy parents. It's also a good idea to bring products that are versatile and can be used by a wide range of customers.

4. Can I offer special promotions or discounts at the Mom & Baby Sale?

Yes, you are welcome to offer special promotions or discounts at your booth. This can help attract more customers and increase sales. Just make sure to follow any guidelines set by the event organizers.

5. How can I make my booth stand out at the Mom & Baby Sale?

There are many ways to make your booth stand out at the Mom & Baby Sale. You can decorate your booth with eye-catching displays, offer samples or demonstrations of your products, and engage with customers by providing information about your products and answering any questions they may have. You can also offer raffles or giveaways to attract more attention to your booth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nene960
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • babywings76