• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampering Mom Event on May 10th at BRU: Tips for a Successful Vendor Experience

In summary, the event is free and people can bring anything they like to display. Diane is preparing with flyers and handouts. Heather is also doing the event and is not prepared.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I was invited by the local BRU (Babies R Us for the newbies) to attend the Pampering Mom event the store is holding on May 10th. Its basically an event where different vendors set up tables throughout the store. The last event I attended at the store, I didn't really do that well. It could have been my mindset, and I brought a lot of stuff, which could have been overwhelming to customers. Plus, people are there to shop, so they are taken a little aback when they see all these vendors. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to bring, what to offer as a prize, etc? I want to keep it simple, and keep in mind, I can't carry a lot of weight, and I just don't want to have to lug a lot.

One of the things you'll definitely want to have in your display is the 29 minute cookbook. :)

I would suggest the DCB and the 30 minute chicken display, the prep and batter bowls (for kids cakes), the cut n seal, ice cream sandwich maker, etc.... Definately all of the kid friendly tools b/c chances are that most of the people shopping there will have other older kids at home and you could play up the kid friendly products helping to enhance family time meals!!! We have so many items that the kids can use and help in the kitchen with, my kids love helping all the time. Good luck!!!! Let us all know how you do. This might be something I will look into with my local BRU!!

Power Cooking Show info; PC Baby Shower; kid friendly tools

Turn your tool turn about into a baby turn about, put in stuff from the Pampered Baby Shower, diaper rash cream, powder, shampoo stuff like that, Really highlight the baby items.

THe 29 minute cookbook anything to speed up meals for Mom.

One of the Exec. Directors in this area does really well at recruiting at the Baby Expo every year. She sets up the New Consultant Kit, a tri-fold board with our flyers on it (you can get the tri-fold boards at Target) and puts out flyers for people to take (Come Join Us, Oppty Brochure, Host Flyer). Keep it simple and good luck!

You need to maybe do a drawing for The Lg Quick Stir Pitcher. It is GREAT for formula

Anyone else doing this tomorrow? I feel like I'm unprepared for it - I'm trying to keep it simple; I'm figuring it's more of a recruiting tool than "sales", so I'm focusing on that (and bookings). I thought I'd put out the recruting info from HO, DCB and 30 minute meals info and a couple of items mentioned above. I'll still have catalogs and some products, but I don't want people to just walk by because it looks "overwhelming".

Am I on the right track?

They (BRU) actually told me no drawings. I have a feeling its because the Shacklee lady was relentless in her follow up--even with me!

Diane-- I TOTALLY feel the same way. I haven't even thoughts about what I am going to bring. Some cattys, maybe a trifold or two, recruiting info and maybe a product or two. I feel the same way you do, about people being overwhelmed. Sometimes I will see a PC display and for me, its way too much (and I know what I'm looking at).

I'm doing my local BRU too and it's not been a great pan out so far in the 4 or so times I've done it, but it's FREE and ya just never know how it may turn out for the better one day!?!? ;)

I want to keep it simple and since it's Pampering Mom day, I am setting up my Pink stuff for HWC month, will give out New parents baby product list, a few products to display and mostly handouts for recruiting, catalogs, and hosting. I haven't even packed up yet but that is what I have planned so far.
Here's hoping I have success this 4th time around!?!? :) Good luck everyone!

I am also doing one here and am definitely not prepared!! I have a show tonight, so not much time to prepare either. My store didn't say I couldn't do a drawing, but I never asked? So, I guess I will prepare for one and then see tomorrow. I guess I need to run off lots of flyers and handouts. What is the New parents baby product list? Good luck to everyone, I hope we get lots of leads, parties and recruits!

Last edited:
I found this handout on here I think long, long ago.;)

Attachments

• Products for baby parents.doc
    98.5 KB · Views: 415
Heather, THANKS for that!

And, its no surprise something that helpful would be on this site!:balloon:

Yes, thank you Heather! I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling this way about the event. I have a show tonight as well so I won't even do anything until afterwards.

Let's set some goals for ourselves. I'm going to get 2 bookings and a solid recruit lead...

dianevill said:
Yes, thank you Heather! I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling this way about the event. I have a show tonight as well so I won't even do anything until afterwards.

Let's set some goals for ourselves. I'm going to get 2 bookings and a solid recruit lead...
I hope this one is that successful for me this time around!:rolleyes: :D

Hmm....I used to do BRU every month and about a year ago the store I was with stopped having vendors. While it was often slow, I did get several shows and recruits from it. Too bad I already have plans for tomorrow. Maybe I'll go cruise the local BRU and see if they have vendors set up. Maybe they're doing it again????

Maybe... They may have stopped it for a while. The last couple (a while ago) I didn't really get much out of it. People would walk in and look stunned to see all the vendors.

DebbieJ said:
Hmm....I used to do BRU every month and about a year ago the store I was with stopped having vendors. While it was often slow, I did get several shows and recruits from it.

Too bad I already have plans for tomorrow. Maybe I'll go cruise the local BRU and see if they have vendors set up. Maybe they're doing it again????

When I called mine about doing this she said they stopped bringing in DS companies, but when I told her that I know other PC consultants were doing them she checked with her regional manager and they told her it was o.k. She said originally the stop was from corporate, so I would call your local store about next time and inquire if the rules have changed.

I got a call from a BRU representative asking me to participate. The last one I did was February (I think) in 2007. She said there were only 7 or 8 "vendors". Most are NOT DSA companies - I know there's a pediatric dentist, a child's hair salon, and a baby signing teacher. MK is the other vendor that I know of.

I have to start thinking about what I'm going to do. I just got home from a "high maintenance" show and I'm too exhausted to think. LOL!

Last edited:
My local store coordinator said they stopped doing the "monthly" in store baby fests but will have an occassional one. So the last time I went to one was in Jan?
And now in May. Then I heard there is going to be one regional coordinator of all stores, which may be why they are cutting back on vendor events? But one of my team members got in with another local store that is having them every month? So IDK what's going on??

Thanks for the info--I will definitely go to the store tomorrow and check it out then. I've moved since the last time, so I'm closer to a different store now and would love to get it in at that one.

Well, how did everyone do? I got one show on the books, 2 interested in signing, and 9 maybes (6 nos) that I'll have to call Monday. Not too bad, all in all...

I got nothing. I passed out some catalogs, but people weren't sharing their information with me. Its OK. It was very slow. Around 1pm, the PartyLite lady, Shaklee lady, and Avon rep and I all agreed to just pack up and go. I don't think any of us got anything.

I also learned that they (BRU) eliminated the local in store promotions person position, which explains why there was no attendance. I didn't wind up with a ton of leads before, but it was certainly worth doing. Now... not so sure. I had a nice time meeting the other DS people. I hope everyone did well and maybe my store was just a fluke.

For ours, there ended up being me, a MK lady,a dinner solutions-type company, and an au-pair company.

I don't think I'd do it again, but at least I got something. Sorry yours didn'tgo as well, Anne!

AJPratt said:
I got nothing. I passed out some catalogs, but people weren't sharing their information with me. Its OK. It was very slow. Around 1pm, the PartyLite lady, Shaklee lady, and Avon rep and I all agreed to just pack up and go. I don't think any of us got anything.

I also learned that they (BRU) eliminated the local in store promotions person position, which explains why there was no attendance. I didn't wind up with a ton of leads before, but it was certainly worth doing. Now... not so sure. I had a nice time meeting the other DS people. I hope everyone did well and maybe my store was just a fluke.
Sorry to hear that Anne. :(

Mine was slow at first but started to pick up after 12! My store is slower of the others in San diego county I think but the location is convenient for me!;) I got 1 booking and another BRU employee wants to order but also wants to try for a catalog show! :D and I gave a couple cattys out so not bad!:rolleyes: Better than other months.

And my Contact also said they were doing away with ind. store event coordinators. And going to do Regional ones for all SD county stores. So will see how that goes?

There aren't any upcoming events that she could think of, so she said to just KIT with her and maybe there will be one for me to attend?

There were only 6 other vendors there and none got any business, except the message gal who gave away some freebies.

Congrats Diane! Great job!

I hope it went better for the rest! And I will definitely go back, it's FREE and ya just never know!?!:)

Congrats, too, Heather! Every time do a booth or fair I say I'm never going to do it again, and I almost always do. Like you said, "ya just never know." You can get that one lead to open the door to a whole new world.

dianevill said:
Congrats, too, Heather! Every time do a booth or fair I say I'm never going to do it again, and I almost always do. Like you said, "ya just never know." You can get that one lead to open the door to a whole new world.
Yep, with vendor events: ya win some and ya lose some! But ya never know unless you go is my motto!;)

Very true! On a funny note, the tables were decorated with purple cloths and there were purple balloons. All the employees wear purple shirts. I didn't know that. I had on my purple PC shirt, and was right by the door as people walked in. I can't tell you how many people asked me for help. Half-way through I just started asking people if I could help them!

Too funny!

I wore my new pink HWC flip flops (Linda posted a pic and I ordered some right away), with my pink "Cook for the cure" apron that I bought last year (since I didn't earn our apron) and got alot of comments on my cute Pink flip flops. Then I dressed the table up with the pink table cloth and it looked cute with me coordinating with my table set up! ;)

1. What is the purpose of the Pampering Mom Event on May 10th at BRU?

The Pampering Mom Event at BRU is designed to provide a fun and relaxing shopping experience for moms. Vendors from various companies, including Pampered Chef, will be present to offer their products and services to moms and their families. It is a great opportunity for moms to treat themselves and find unique gifts for Mother's Day.

2. Will there be any special deals or promotions offered at the event?

Yes, there will be exclusive deals and promotions offered by the vendors at the event. It is a great chance to take advantage of some great discounts and get some amazing products at a lower price.

3. How can I ensure a successful vendor experience at the event?

To have a successful vendor experience at the event, it is important to come prepared and organized. Make sure to have all the necessary supplies, such as business cards, order forms, and product samples. Engage with the attendees and be knowledgeable about your products to make a lasting impression.

4. Can I bring my kids to the Pampering Mom Event?

Absolutely! This event is family-friendly and there will be activities and entertainment for kids as well. It's a great opportunity for moms to shop while their kids have fun.

5. Will there be any demonstrations or product samples available at the event?

Yes, there will be product demonstrations and samples available at the event. This is a great way for attendees to try out products and see them in action before making a purchase. It's also a great opportunity for vendors to showcase their products and engage with potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Yakmama
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Amy simpson