• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vendor Event Tips for a Busy Mom: Setting Up a Table at a High-End Preschool

In summary, Carolyn is doing a non-demo-ish vendor event at her son's preschool this week. She will have a table and about 10 minutes to do a quickie demo. She has no clue what to do - she has not set up a table in eons, is not good at all at setting up an eye-appealing display, and they have no oven, only a micro-sized microwave. She suggests already coming with the egg done for the Ham and Cheese Omelet roll and doing the veggies (chopping, cutting and stuff) In front of them and then cut it up! Depending on the micro, the large bar pan will fit. Most of all, GOOD LUCK!
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I am doing a non-demo-ish vendor event at my son's preschool this week. I will have a table and about 10 minutes to do a quickie demo...this is a very upscale preschool - most moms have nannies, shop in boutiques, etc (and then there is me - bahahahaha). Anyway -- I have NO clue what to do - I have not set up a table in eons, am not good at all at setting up an eye-appealing display...heeeeeeeeeeeeelp!?!?!?
Oh - and they have no oven, only a micro-sized microwave and it's at 9:15am...yikes!!?!?
Ideas???

I just got back from a fair!! I suggest already coming with the egg done for the Ham and Cheese Omelet roll and do the veggies (chopping, cutting and stuff) In front of them and then cut it up! Just warm it in the micro after you add the cheese. Depending on the micro, the large bar pan will fit.

We did a tropical theme for the new season and filled the trifle with shells, wore laias (sp?) and just really decorated it up. Try and make sure you have height to your table!! That's the key!!!

Most of all, GOOD LUCK!:D

dannyzmom said:
I am doing a non-demo-ish vendor event at my son's preschool this week. I will have a table and about 10 minutes to do a quickie demo...this is a very upscale preschool - most moms have nannies, shop in boutiques, etc (and then there is me - bahahahaha). Anyway -- I have NO clue what to do - I have not set up a table in eons, am not good at all at setting up an eye-appealing display...heeeeeeeeeeeeelp!?!?!?
Oh - and they have no oven, only a micro-sized microwave and it's at 9:15am...yikes!!?!?
Ideas???
Hey Carolyn
Can you pre-cook mini cakes in the prep bowls for the kids to decorate themselves? That would be fun!! You could just put all the stuff out and they could come and decorate.

Sorry - I forgto to mention it's a kosher preschool so no ham...and it's a moms only event so I don't need anythign kid-friendly to play with.

I would focus on Simple Additions and our Woven Selections. Sounds like they would be more the "entertaining" crowd.

You could demo the new Island Breeze Rum cake. Have the cakes made and cooled, have the filling and syrup made and ready to go and then you are only assembling it, cutting the mango and kiwi and topping it with cool whip. That should keep your time way down.

Let us know how it goes! Hope you get tons of sales and bookings!

KellyTheChef said:
I would focus on Simple Additions and our Woven Selections. Sounds like they would be more the "entertaining" crowd.

You could demo the new Island Breeze Rum cake. Have the cakes made and cooled, have the filling and syrup made and ready to go and then you are only assembling it, cutting the mango and kiwi and topping it with cool whip. That should keep your time way down.

Let us know how it goes! Hope you get tons of sales and bookings!

Boy, any mom who serves Rum at 9:15 in the morning is a friend in my book!! :p

I would do the caramel pecan pull apart breads with a creamy cream cheese icing or fresh fruit skewers with cool fruit and sour cream dip. That way, they can munch and mingle and always have a reason to come back around to you.

Bring your 3-tiered stand with an assortment of Simple Additions, maybe the Cranberry Medium Square, a white Small Square with the Small Tiles Bowl, and the Striped Medium Bowl so they can see what the different designs look like. Bring the fancy cookware and put a sign up that says COOKWARE 50% OFF! *When you host a show with sales of $300 or more I love the Silicone Floral Cupcake Mold, maybe make those and plate them individually with the drizzle sauce and the drizzle designs. They are amazingly beautiful when you do that!

Don't assume that just because they're well-to-do that they don't love a bargain. I had a really great run with a bunch of rich ladies who were THRILLED to get a great deal on things!

I agree with Kim--even wealthy people love a bargain! Sometimes that's the whole reason they're wealthy! :)

I like to do mini-workshops with time like that--show them how to do chocolate garnishes, then let an adventurous mom or two give it a whirl. Fun, and involves the audience.

I agree, definitely have height to your table. I made up a tri fold display board that explains host benefits, monthly specials for the next two months and also them shows that I do. That way, while you are talking to one person afterward, the others can read and learn more about the business. I also mention the wedding registry on the board. I would use the three tierd stand and put a sign on the top saying "be a smartie, book a party" and put little smarties on the top dish and then I'd make ahead of time the cherry cheese ring and cut it up and put it on the 2nd shelf and maybe some mints or something on the third plate/bowl. I would definitely take some veggies to demo on the ultimate mandoline, cheese for the grater andyou can demo the knives as well. Hit on SA with WS, stoneware and cookware. That way you can get some bookings because you can tell them, hosting you never pay full price!
Hope all goes well with this for you!

What products should I showcase at a high-end preschool event?

At a high-end preschool event, it's important to showcase products that are kid-friendly and cater to busy moms. Some great options include our Quick Cooker, Mix N' Chop, and Quick Slice. You can also highlight our kid-friendly cooking sets like the Kids' Baking Set or Kids' Pizza Set.

How should I arrange my table to attract busy moms at a preschool event?

When setting up your table, make sure to have a visually appealing display that is organized and easy to navigate. Use tiered stands or trays to showcase smaller items and create height variations. Have a designated kid-friendly area with products that kids can interact with, like our cookie cutters or food chopper. Also, make sure to have samples and recipe cards available to help busy moms see the convenience and versatility of our products.

What promotional materials should I bring to a high-end preschool event?

It's important to have materials that highlight the benefits of our products for busy moms, as well as any special promotions or discounts. Bring catalogs, brochures, and business cards to give to potential customers. You can also create a branded sign or banner to draw attention to your table and showcase our brand's professionalism.

Can I offer product demonstrations at a high-end preschool event?

Yes! Product demonstrations are a great way to engage with busy moms and showcase the convenience and ease of our products. Have a few simple recipes prepared and ready to demonstrate, and make sure to have all the necessary tools and ingredients on hand. You can also offer samples for parents to try and take home with them.

How should I follow up with potential customers after a high-end preschool event?

After the event, make sure to follow up with potential customers by sending a thank you email or card, along with any additional information or promotions. You can also offer a special discount or promotion for those who made a purchase or expressed interest in our products. Don't forget to follow up with any leads or inquiries that you received during the event as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Sheleif
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
AlowayFamily