1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Question about setting up a booth at an event

1. RachelNguyen

RachelNguyen Guest

Hi all,

I have two fundraisers coming up... both of which will be setting up a table at an event. I suppose I could do the lime cucumber demos... or bring a big bag of potatoes! But my question is this: Even after only a couple of months, my stuff looks, well, used. Especially the stoneware. I am not really interested in buying a new piece for the event, but I wonder what people would think if they saw seasoned pieces on display. How do you guys deal with this?

Also, for those of you who have done a table at an event, what are some ideas for demos?

Thanks!
    Rachel

Mar 11, 2006
  2. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

First, I always tell people that my products are used with love. As far as a display goes, I would cut up carrot and cucumber with the crinkle cutter, put it on a simple additions plate with the food. If you have the microplane grater, again grate some chocolate, cinnamin and put it and the food on a SA plate. Same with any other product. You can always set out some "garnish" too, like a v-shaped pepper, with dip in it. You can bring soem food to demo, but I usually find that I need to talk to the people more than demo. Just bring a few things to cut just in case you need to. Good luck and have fun!

Mar 11, 2006
  3. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

On the PC site, they have quite a few ideas to make your table really nice looking....some carved fruit, plate decorating, and a lot of other ideas. Have fun with them, I sure did. Ginger :D

Mar 12, 2006
  4. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

i usually take some potatos and a bag of chocolate chips. if someone asks how does this work i grab a potato or something and show them. i also keep a cup of ice so i can throw a piece of ice in the cookware to show them how cold it gets. i usually just set my things up real nice and if anyone knows of PC and they see a seasoned stone they know why its black and are impressed!! i always do a drawing for something. usually a free kitchen show and of course everyoen wins (if its less than 10) that enter. if its more i just grab handful and ask them if they want to do it or not. just be creative!

Have something to add?