• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Farmers Market Table: Tips for Setting Up and Driving Bookings

In summary, the conversation discusses tips on how to set up a booth at a Farmers Market and how to ensure bookings or orders are made. The key is to engage with customers and showcase the products by offering demos and promotions. It is also important to have a well-stocked and visually appealing display, as well as follow up with potential customers through catalogs and order pick-ups at the market. Consistency and persistence in attending the market can lead to successful sales and customer relationships.
TheFreddiesCook
I have a table at a Farmers Market this weekend. Any tips on how to set up? What do to to ensure I get some bookings or orders? What should I display? Thanks!

I did a booth this week at a small conference. I had two batter bowls set out. One had a sign that said register to win and I had the door prize drawing slips. The other one had a sign that said win a food chopper. I gave 1 ticket for the drawing slip, 5 for every $25 in orders placed, 5 for booking a catalog show this month, 10 for a cooking show, and 15 for a cooking show in August.
I only got one scheduled booking (2 wks away), but have 5 or 6 others that are really interested. 10 or so that are interested in the business, and contact info for about 150 others who were at least interested enough to stop by and fill out the card.
The key is getting out there and talking to them. If they like you and connect with you, they will be more willing to book with you. Many of the ones I met weren't familiar with PC, and I described it as "The Cooking network coming to your home". I told them it was up to them what type of recipe we would do. We could do something healthy and well balanced or something wonderful and decedant like Paula Dean. I got lots of laughs and lots of interest.

i would take the mandoline, cutting board & a forged cutlery knife with a bunch of fresh veggies (from the farmers market perhaps) and let people see how easy it is to use our products. maybe bring a few of the different peelers to demo on carrots...

So I had a table right next to the veggies and fruits, and all the tools for them to work with the food they were buying... but....No orders, no bookings... Just people taking my card and one filled out the drawing slip so I mail her a catalog. I hope something comes out of it...

I normally do two card tables and a five foot table in my tent. On the 5 foot table I place what I would take to a show. It is nice and full and draws people in. One card table is my feature table. At this time of year it would be NEW ITEMS. Talk up what is coming. I place a catalog in a three ring binder in clear plastic sheets(cut the catalog apart) place the index of pages in back( found online) this makes it easy to find things. Second table is my cash and carry table. I do spices, small items( I dont want a lot in my house so things like, ice cream scoops, citrus peelers, mini seving spatula) I usually listen to what people are asking for and then will try to buy a couple of them. I offer a 10% discount on anything ordered through the market and advise I will contact them when the order comes in and they can meet me back at the market to pick up the items.

From the cash and carry table I make my rent. I usually would get 2-3 orders a week and it they were small but certainly developed some customers from it. When they see you back next week it helps. With a market you have to keep going and you will start to see sales.

1. What is a "Farmers Market Demo"?

A "Farmers Market Demo" is a cooking demonstration where our Pampered Chef consultants showcase recipes using fresh, locally sourced ingredients found at a farmers market. It is a fun and interactive way to learn about new products and cooking techniques while supporting local farmers.

2. How do I find a Farmers Market Demo near me?

You can find upcoming Farmers Market Demos by checking our website or contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant. They can provide you with the dates, times, and locations of any upcoming demos in your area.

3. Are there any special deals or discounts at Farmers Market Demos?

Yes, there are often special deals or discounts offered at Farmers Market Demos. Our consultants may offer limited-time discounts on featured products or exclusive bundles that are only available at the demo. It's a great opportunity to save on your favorite Pampered Chef products!

4. Can I purchase products at a Farmers Market Demo?

Yes, you can purchase products at a Farmers Market Demo. Our consultants will have a selection of products available for purchase at the demo, and they can also help you place an order for any other items you may be interested in.

5. Can I host a Farmers Market Demo at my local market?

Yes, you can host a Farmers Market Demo at your local market. Our consultants can work with you to coordinate a date and time, and they will bring all the necessary supplies and ingredients for the demo. It's a great way to bring the community together and support local businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • ChefEileen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • chefmom