• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Recipe for SS Skillet Cake - Help Needed!

, in summary, the recipe for the chocolate cherry skillet cake is easy to follow and produces a delicious dessert. The cake can be made without the use of coffee or liquor, but the results are not as good. Make sure the cake is cooked through before serving.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
Has anyone made this yet? My host next week wants this cake. I haven't made it yet. If I remember correctly we are s'posed to use the SS skillet. I think it was on the "This season selling" dvd. Does anyone else remember this?

Thanks! I told my husband I would test it and let him eat it. He would be the only one because I HATE coffe. I can't even stand the smell of the stuff.:yuck:

Funny thing is I don't like coffee, but I love all our coffee cake recipes. I remember seeing that, but haven't made it yet.

I've made it once at a show. Used the executive pan. Worked beautifully and was really yummy - and I HATE coffee, never ever drink it!

I made this once and it was in the Executive 12" skillet. Yummy!!! I made it for a workshop/show I hosted in my home and it went over really well!

I have made it about 5 times in the Exec. skillet. LOVE IT! Not so much a good demo recipe to me, but a great dessert!
Also, as some advice, don't skip the brushing of the coffee or liquor over the cake. It makes it extremely moist. AND, when you are mixing the cake, so you will know, the batter is extremely thick!

I love skillet cakes of any kind. They really do help secure bookings as folks decide they want our cookware!

I mostly make the Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake (with hot fudge icing). I use a lot of other tools to spiff it up further with nuts, chocolate, SPRINKLES, etc.

My advice on any skillet cake, no matter what product line you are using (executive vs ss) is to spritz/oil the pan. Yes, even in the exec, non stick. Especially at a show, you don't want to risk a bad outcome if the cake doesn't invert onto a platter in one piece!

And, make sure the cake is completely cooked. The 2 times I've had trouble with the cake it was an underdone cake due to a) me trying to hurry the recipe completion and b) the host oven not heating properly. (Of course, she told me AFTER a bad "flip" that her oven was on the fritz. Gee, you'd think if we were making a flippin cake, in her flippin oven, that that detail might be nice to have before baking! Ooops....mini-vent there.)

I made it at my show yesterday. I did it in the SS skillet. It turned out great!! A definite oh ah moment. Oh and I did forget the liquer. Oops! No one noticed though. Everyone had 2 slices.

I've made it a couple times and I haven't used the liquer or the coffee to brush on it. It was great without it and I'm sure it's also good with it. Personally I don't like the "wet" texture that it gives... I've done it in the past with other cakes. It's nice to be able to do it with or without.

OK, I've got a show on Saturday, and am supposed to be making this cake for the first time.

One question here....where do I buy coffee liqueur? I don't drink either coffee OR alcohol, so I'm feeling totally "out of my element" here!!

Also, it says it bakes for over half an hour...do you like to have it baking before the show begins, since it's such a long baking time?

Any and all tips appreciated!!

Paula

Paula, coffee liqueur is available at a liquor store or some grocery stores. Kahlua is the most popular brand, although there are others.

Thanks, Ann! I ended up just going to McDonald's and buying a small cup of coffee instead of using the alcohol.

The recipe was a definite winner!!

Paula

1. Can I use any type of cake mix for the SS skillet cake recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for the SS skillet cake recipe. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor may vary depending on the type of cake mix you use.

2. Can I substitute the milk for a non-dairy alternative in the recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the milk for a non-dairy alternative such as almond milk or coconut milk. Just make sure to use the same amount as the recipe calls for.

3. Can I use a different type of pan instead of a skillet for the cake?

Yes, you can use a different type of pan instead of a skillet for the cake. However, the cooking time and temperature may need to be adjusted accordingly. A 9-inch round cake pan or a 9x9 inch square pan can be good alternatives.

4. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the skillet?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the skillet, make sure to generously grease the skillet with butter or cooking spray before pouring in the batter. You can also line the bottom of the skillet with parchment paper for easier removal.

5. Can I add other ingredients like chocolate chips or nuts to the recipe?

Yes, you can add other ingredients like chocolate chips or nuts to the recipe for added flavor and texture. Just make sure to fold them into the batter gently before pouring it into the skillet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Kearns
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
Replies