• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave Theme for College Kids... Ideas?

In summary, Kristen provides a list of ideas for an "Everything you didn't know you could make in the microwave" party. These include things like macaroni and cheese, tacos, burrito filling, cakes, puddings, and more.
chunkysalsa
I am hosting an "Everything you didn't know you could make in the microwave" party for a group of college kids. Now I just need to come up with the everything.... :D

Any ideas would be a great help!

kristen

You can do the egg in the prep bowls, brown hamburger or sausage in the micro cookers and drain them then add the cheese and rotel or salsa for dip, chicken in the micros, cake in the rice cooker or the fluted pan. I know there is more, but I have about 15 things going at the moment, will have to get back to you.

Rice cooker mac & cheese and mashed potatoes and cakes...fluted cakes...deep covered baker chickens...rice pudding in the rice cooker...omelets in prepbowls...um....

Gee... I really am new at this... :)

Oh, after you brown and drain that hamburger you can go ahead and make tacos filling. You can make burritto filling, or bean dip.I would suggest going to the documents section and putting in micro or microwave and see what pops up, there are documents for the micro cookers and the rice cooker.

Thank you so much! These are awesome ideas. Who doesn't love mexican night at the dorms? I always did! Why run to "the bell" when you can stay home in your comfy pj's and have the whole floor crammed into your tiny room for dinner and a movie! Ohh... how I remember those days...

Ok, not all of these are for the micro-wave but definitley apply to college kids....

Small Micro-Cooker- heat up soups, cook macaroni and cheese, ramen noodles, or to make a "pot of tea" in the microwave!

Small Bar Pan- use in oven, microwave, or toaster oven. Cook up bacon, Hot Pockets, reheat pizza, etc.

Cut N Seal- make your own hot pockets and crustless PB&J sandwiches.

Small Bar Board- use for small cutting jobs. Easy to store.

Small and Large Batter Bowls- make tuna or chicken salad, and noodles in the microwave. Use as mixing bowl, storage bowl for leftovers. You'll use them for everything!

Quik Stir Pitcher- mix up OJ, or iced tea. Will fit in fridge.

Apple Wedger- use to cut up a healthy snack (apples, pears). Quickly and easily cut potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions.

Simple Additions Small bowl, Small Squares- perfect size dishes for one, easy to store and stack, guaranteed, break and chip resistant, can microwave in them.

Food Chopper- easily and quickly chop almost anything! Nuts, onions, fruit, chicken, celery, etc. (Make chicken salad in 10 minutes?that's less time than it takes to get take-out!)

Hot Pad/Trivet- use as an oven pad, a trivet, and to open jars

Small Sauté Pan- Lifetime Guarantee, nothing sticks, easy to clean, perfect size. (Idea for the parents: get the whole set at half price and give your student the smaller pieces!)

Twixits! mandatory for closing bags of chips, pretzels, frozen waffles, or the bag of dirty laundry. Also good for identifying your tube of toothpaste.

Tool Turn-About Fill it with the remaining items on this page! Use some compartments for desk supplies, too (scissors, pens, highlighters, etc.)

Can Opener- won't rust, easier to use, no sharp edges

Mini Serving Spatula- great to use to remove food from toaster oven. Dish up those brownies easily, perfect small size.

Paring Knife with case- safe to store (case) great for smaller cutting jobs, lifetime guarantee

Small Spreader for spreading butter, peanut butter, jam, icing, mayo, etc.

Cheese Knife- No small wire to break! You won't have to replace this, works much better than a knife.

Skinny Scraper- small cans, peanut butter jars, stirring, can't melt it.

Small Mix N Scraper- more like a spoon and spatula in one! Can use in cookware and won't melt!

Citrus Peeler- won't break a nail opening oranges or grapefruit!

Grapefruit Knife- Perfect for having a healthy breakfast.

Mini Whipper- Whip up chocolate milk, hot cocoa, diet shakes, etc.

Bamboo Tongs- retrieve toast and bagels from the toaster without electrocuting or burning. Great to get an pair to pick up roommate's socks off the floor!

Bamboo Spoons- incredibly durable won't stain or crack.

Small Bamboo Spoons- for smaller jobs, serving up dips or salsa. Great for stirring individual servings of instant grits (gasp!), Cream of Wheat, or oatmeal made in the microwave.

Easy Opener- open up jars, soda cans, & bottles much easier. Magnet keeps it on your fridge.

Throw a few of these in to boost sales

Misty

And of cours you can melt the chocolate chips in the micro cookers or the batter bowl and add the frosting for the 2-step fudge. There was a recipe in a SB a few years ago that was for some really good and really easy truffles. You can also put the stones in the microwave, so you can do lots of other recipes in them, the Touchdown Taco dip would be one of those.

Please tell me you had that already typed up on your computer somewhere....yeah, I think that could boost some sales. And that is a great list to send to the girl's (host) friends who can't make it.

hahaha, yeh its on my website....it is actually courtesy of some other cheffer on this site....LOL

Misty

hey chunky...BTW, I used to live in Ohio before moving North, a little city call Wickliffe....near Willoughby - 30 mins West of Cleveland...

Misty

Touchdown taco dip in a stone. Make it in the microwave in just a few minutes. College age kids LOVE IT!!

I went to Kent State, but now I am over near Toledo. I don't remember anyone being from Wickliffe...

Misty that is an awsome list! I'm going to have to copy it. Thank you

Related to Microwave Theme for College Kids... Ideas?

What are some easy and healthy microwave recipes for college students?

Some easy and healthy microwave recipes for college students include oatmeal, steamed vegetables, scrambled eggs, and baked sweet potatoes. You can also make mug meals like mac and cheese, pizza, and mug cakes using the microwave.

How can I save time and money when cooking with a microwave in college?

To save time and money when cooking with a microwave, you can meal prep by cooking large portions of food and freezing them in individual portions to reheat in the microwave. You can also use the microwave to quickly cook frozen vegetables and meats, which are often cheaper than fresh options.

What are some dorm-friendly microwave gadgets or tools that can make cooking easier?

Some dorm-friendly microwave gadgets or tools that can make cooking easier include microwave steamers, microwave rice cookers, and microwave egg cookers. These tools are compact and designed specifically for cooking in the microwave, making them perfect for college students.

Can I make healthy desserts using a microwave in my dorm room?

Yes, you can make healthy desserts in your dorm room using a microwave. Some ideas include fruit crisps, mug cakes with whole wheat flour and no added sugar, and homemade energy balls. You can also make healthier versions of your favorite desserts by using ingredients like almond flour, coconut sugar, and dark chocolate.

What are some microwave safety tips for college students?

Some important microwave safety tips for college students include never microwaving metal or aluminum foil, using microwave-safe containers and covers, and following cooking instructions carefully. It is also important to regularly clean your microwave to avoid any potential fire hazards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dclattimer
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • thecougchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pampchef.angel