• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Micro Chip Maker & Ultimate Mandoline

In summary, the conversation is about the compatibility of the ULTIMATE mandolin with the Microwave chip maker. Some people have had success using the thin setting on the slicing blade, while others have had to cook the chips longer. One person even sold a mandolin to a customer who wanted the versatility and safety features. The UM has two thickness settings, while the Simple Slicer has three. Some people have found that their chips take longer to cook with a different slicer, but the chip maker still works with any slicer. Information about the product was obtained from signs at a conference.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
Has anyone tried- or does any one know if the ULTIMATE mandolin will work with the Microwave chip maker??

I think it may be too thick- I tell people that and they sy no -I am goo w/ my mandolin-

What do you tell your customers?

Works fine for me. The thin setting on the slicing blade. Enjoy!

The UM worked fine for us yesterday. Like Deanna said, use the adjustable blade and use the thin-setting. We did it yesterday and compared the UM slices to the Simple Slicer slices....couldn't tell the difference.:) I even SOLD a UM because the person wanted the versatility and safety features to go with, and still be able to use it for the chip maker (in the future when she gets it later). And my host also had the UM, so she was able to get the chip maker and can use it right away.

the slicing blade on the UM has two thicknesses - 1/16 inch and 1/8 inch

the settings on the SS are - 1/16 inch, 1/8 inch, and 3/16 inch

I got my info from the signs in the product showroom at conference

lt1jane said:
the slicing blade on the UM has two thicknesses - 1/16 inch and 1/8 inch

the settings on the SS are - 1/16 inch, 1/8 inch, and 3/16 inch

I got my info from the signs in the product showroom at conference

Thanks, that's good information to have.

I used the UM last night and found I had to cook them longer because they weren't as thin as the simple slicer made them. Not bad though! Still yummy!

I had a customer at our fair purchase the chip maker and she has neither of our slicers...she still loves her chip maker! She told me that it just takes longer to make her chips as her slicer doesn't slice as thin. (of course, it could have a little to do with her microwave) Apparently, though, it works with any slicer. :)

Hi there! I have personally used the ULTIMATE mandolin with the Microwave chip maker and it worked perfectly for me. However, I always recommend testing it out first with a small batch to make sure it works for your specific needs and preferences. It's always better to be safe than sorry. I also suggest adjusting the blade setting on the mandolin to get the desired thickness for your chips. Let me know if you have any other questions! Happy cooking!

1. What is the Micro Chip Maker used for?

The Micro Chip Maker is a kitchen tool designed to create perfectly sized and shaped chips from fruits and vegetables. It can also be used to make slices for salads, toppings, and more.

2. How does the Ultimate Mandoline differ from other mandolines?

The Ultimate Mandoline is made with high-quality stainless steel blades and features adjustable thickness settings, a safety guard, and a comfortable grip handle. It also includes a storage container for the blades, making it more convenient and safe to use compared to other mandolines.

3. Can the Micro Chip Maker and Ultimate Mandoline be used for all types of produce?

Yes, both the Micro Chip Maker and Ultimate Mandoline can be used for a variety of fruits and vegetables, such as potatoes, apples, cucumbers, and more. However, some harder produce may require more effort to slice.

4. Is the Micro Chip Maker and Ultimate Mandoline dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the Micro Chip Maker and Ultimate Mandoline are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. However, it is recommended to hand wash the blades to prolong their sharpness.

5. How do I safely use the Ultimate Mandoline?

To safely use the Ultimate Mandoline, always use the safety guard provided and keep your fingers away from the blades. It is also recommended to use a cutting board underneath to prevent damage to your countertop. Read the instructions carefully before use for more safety tips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gfreechef
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • minirottie