• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tortilla Chips on Microwave Chips Maker?

minirottie

Advanced Member
Sep 9, 2010
Met a woman today who would totally buy the chip maker, if she could do tortilla chips...I did some Googling and found this on a blog/site. It includes what looks to be a PC flyer, and states doing pita and tortilla chips. Nothing in the Use and Care Guide mentions this...so I wondered if anyone had knowledge or experience in trying it? I'm going to test it out tomorrow I think

Pampered Chef Chip Maker Review & Giveaway | A Mom's Take

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
I have not heard anything about this. I have only tried my chip maker once. Took forever for such a small amount, but they were good. Had to wait so long for the trays to cool down.

jendill

Gold Member
May 11, 2010
I make them all the time. Takes about 1 minute 20 seconds. I heat 1 minute and flip them over for the extra 20 seconds. =)

minirottie

Advanced Member
Sep 9, 2010
I make them all the time. Takes about 1 minute 20 seconds. I heat 1 minute and flip them over for the extra 20 seconds. =)

Thank you!! This is great feedback. One question-do you do the tortilla at room temp? I tend to put mine in the fridge and figured I should let them sit at room temperature for a little before putting in the microwave!

jendill

Gold Member
May 11, 2010
i take them straight from the fridge and cut them with the pizza cutter so they are in triangles. I do not add salt because so many of my customers seem to be on a low salt diet. I figure they can salt the salsa. I think it would also work to salt them, i just choose not to.

I serve them with fresh salsa and I keep that REALLY simple -2 Plum tomatoes (veggie wedger) 1 wedge of red onion, half a jalepeno, and cilantro. Chop in manual Food processor. EXCELLENT and super easy! Guests love it and I sell lots of the chip makers and food processors!

It is also easy to pair with Mexican Chicken Lasagna, Chicken Fajitas, or the Taco Ring.

Last edited:

StacieB

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 18, 2007
I make them all the time too. 1 minute 15 seconds. I take flour tortillas, spritz or brush on a little water and then season. I use cinnamon and sugar or chipotle rub,

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
It's in the Product information Guide behind consultants corner. Check it out. Lots of info in the PIG!