• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does This Look Like Our Micro Chip Maker?

In summary, the chip maker looks very similar to our Simple Slicer, and they include a mini mandoline that is not adjustable in the price. QVC's is selling a Genius Slicer for about $30 that looks like our Simple Slicer.
kam
Staff member
I am asking since I have not seen ours yet and I am trying to determine if this looks close to ours?

I know that they are on backorder, but maybe someone who saw it at conference can tell how close this might be?
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.CM_SCID.coll.item.K35527.desc.Orka-Set-of-2-Silicone-Microwave-Chip-Makers-wMandolin

I think it is going to be on In The Kitchen w David today on QVC. I think I'll try to watch for it and maybe get some ideas on how to use ours....

Looks really close!

Yes, it looks almost exactly like ours and the mandoline is also very similar to our new Simple Slicer.

I just posted something on my FB page about this! I can't believe it!!!!

OM!!!! looks very similiar and wow, look at the price. Did you see they are offering a 5 year warranty!!!! Ours is only 1 year!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up, Kathleen. I was able to catch "In the Kitchen" with the chip maker. I love watching these shows for selling tips.

Their chip maker looks exactly like ours. They sold-out their stock of 5,000 in about 4 minutes. QVC's was about $1.50 less than ours and they included a mini mandoline that is not adjustable. It was small and the blade is pre-set for the correct chip thickness so not as comparable to our Simple Slicer.

QVC is selling a Genius Slicer for about $30 that looks like our Simple Slicer. I did not catch that segment. http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.CM_SCID.24hr.item.K33975.desc.Genius-Speed-Slicer-Plus-with-Storage-Container
They are including a storage container in that price. The link has a video you can watch for selling ideas.

For the chip maker, they said to dry the food slices first on layers of paper towels. Since we don't have our Micro Chip Makers, I haven't seen our instructions. They said to season after cooking. Use with potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, carrots, apples, pears.... Crunchy and fat-free, fresh with no preservatives or artificial ingredients.

Ouch. It sure does look like ours. Before PC, I was an avid QVC shopper for kitchen gadgets. I loved their unconditional 30 day return policy. I hope my customers weren't watching today :yuck:

Becca, I remember the video of the chip maker at NC. You are supposed to pat dry the potatoes, just like the instructions for the QVC one says.

they sold out, it's on waiting list

So what happened to our chip maker? Are they all on back order for consultants? I didn't earn SAT so I missed what exactly they said.

Yes, I noticed that it sold out.

I used to buy a lot of kitchen gadgets from QVC too. Still occasionally do. What I like about qvc is that when you call you get to talk to someone from the U.S. That is a selling point for PC also. Customers always have us consultants, but if they call the HO, they get someone here to talk to.

I could not believe how crunchy those chips got. I cannot wait to order the PC one.

Becca_in_MD said:
Thanks for the heads up, Kathleen. I was able to catch "In the Kitchen" with the chip maker. I love watching these shows for selling tips.

Their chip maker looks exactly like ours. They sold-out their stock of 5,000 in about 4 minutes. QVC's was about $1.50 less than ours and they included a mini mandoline that is not adjustable. It was small and the blade is pre-set for the correct chip thickness so not as comparable to our Simple Slicer.

QVC is selling a Genius Slicer for about $30 that looks like our Simple Slicer. I did not catch that segment. http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.CM_SCID.24hr.item.K33975.desc.Genius-Speed-Slicer-Plus-with-Storage-Container
They are including a storage container in that price. The link has a video you can watch for selling ideas.

For the chip maker, they said to dry the food slices first on layers of paper towels. Since we don't have our Micro Chip Makers, I haven't seen our instructions. They said to season after cooking. Use with potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, carrots, apples, pears.... Crunchy and fat-free, fresh with no preservatives or artificial ingredients.

Wow! I love their Speed Slicer! I like how it could do the Julienne slices and lower the blade enough to do corn on the cob! That was cool how it can fit over that storage container, too. Dang it competition!! :grumpy:

Funny - I was watching David today too and saw it and send it to my upline and select others. I swear its the same one and its very possible as not all products are exclusive. Hope my guests were not watching either! I'm a QVC junkie so I don't miss much. :)

Their can opener is from the same manufacturer of ours b/c I found it on the manufacturers website. Made in Germany I believe it was. Kuhn I think was the name.

Well, they may be the same companies and such, but we have great customer service (most of the time ;)). That's worth a lot too!

The PC chip maker is on backorder? How is that since we can't order them until tomorrow? Or is that just the sample order stuff? I thought we couldn't sell the fall stuff until August 1st.

I also caught the tail end of the QVC presentation today. I was so tempted to order it, but I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to order samples and get my own. Those chips looked so crispy!
I can't wait to make my puppies sweet potato, carrot and apple chips so I can stop buying them at the pet store and save money.

chefjessicah said:
The PC chip maker is on backorder? How is that since we can't order them until tomorrow? Or is that just the sample order stuff? I thought we couldn't sell the fall stuff until August 1st.

It's the samples we earned. Evidently the manufacturer wasn't ready with them when the SAT things went out. lol

The fall catalog starts in September however we can show the catalog and collect orders now. Just can't submit until Sept. 1.

I saw it today too and was not happy that they got to reveal it a month before ours. The mini slicer that came with it looked mediocre so I wasn't too worried.

But I actually want their version of the slicer storage set. Those zuchinni sticks and fries...the adjustment capability and then the hopper!!! I hate to say it, but I had product envy. I wish we would go back to the exclusivity.

PamperedchefDaly said:
Ouch. It sure does look like ours. Before PC, I was an avid QVC shopper for kitchen gadgets. I loved their unconditional 30 day return policy. I hope my customers weren't watching today :yuck:

Keep in mind, Pampered Chef also offers a 30-day return policy, and as far as I know, it is unconditional. Not sure about QVC, but PC will pay return shipping as long as it is in first 30 days.

1. What is the micro chip maker used for?

The micro chip maker is used to create perfectly sized and shaped tortilla chips, potato chips, and other types of chips at home.

2. How does the micro chip maker work?

The micro chip maker works by cutting and shaping thinly sliced vegetables or dough into chips. It can be used in the microwave or oven for quick and easy chip making.

3. Is the micro chip maker easy to clean?

Yes, the micro chip maker is designed to be easy to clean. It is dishwasher safe and can also be hand washed with warm soapy water.

4. Can the micro chip maker be used for gluten-free chips?

Yes, the micro chip maker can be used to make gluten-free chips. Simply use gluten-free dough or vegetables to create your chips.

5. How many chips can be made at once with the micro chip maker?

The micro chip maker can make up to 18 chips at once, depending on the size and thickness of the chips. It is recommended to make multiple batches if you want to make a larger quantity of chips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • minirottie