• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Miami Beach Incentive Trip - Questions

In summary, the conversation discussed attire for dinners during a planned vacation. The first night was stated to be casual, with options such as capris, shorts, and sundresses. The last night required casual black and white attire, with some debate over how casual it would be. A document was mentioned that outlined appropriate attire for the dinners. Other topics included weight loss goals and potential wardrobe choices for the trip. One person shared a quick weight loss diet, but cautioned that the weight may come back once normal eating habits resume. The diet consisted of minimal calories and specific food choices.
I got my package. My husband was a total bummer. I tried to get excited about all of the stuff in the pack (it didn't help that there wasn't much in the pack) and he just said, "what do you want me to say?". I read through the whole little envelope thing. I guess I'm glad I didn't get the "good stuff" from previous trips so I can't be too disappointed, but I did hear about the little special things.

I gotta say...I am not liking this trend! All the little things are being stripped away. I could've cared less about the Kitchen Electrics incentive! If it were a choice between that and the trip special things give me the trip special things. Give me the special Director fun event at conference!! Give me the cutsie box with confetti with my trip itenary. I don't know. Am I asking too much?

I agree Sandra. And I don't mean to sound ungrateful at all. I just think those extra little things really set this company apart. I can see WHY they are cutting corners, but still. Maybe they will pull out all the stops for Disney? :) We can always hope!

Okay, no one gets to hate me for what I am going to write.

I know the fun packages and other little things like them are fun to receive. As a matter of fact, I absolutley LOVE to be spoiled with things like that.

However, I am so happy our commission rates have not dropped, the company is still giving incentives every month and most importantly we still have a company! Since the company needs to cut back, the little extras (while totally awesome) are the things to cut.

I know everyone on this board knows it and loves it all also. I also know everyone is just venting - I just wanted to point out the positives! That is just what I really like to do!

ChefLisa said:
Okay, no one gets to hate me for what I am going to write.

I know the fun packages and other little things like them are fun to receive. As a matter of fact, I absolutley LOVE to be spoiled with things like that.

However, I am so happy our commission rates have not dropped, the company is still giving incentives every month and most importantly we still have a company! Since the company needs to cut back, the little extras (while totally awesome) are the things to cut.

I know everyone on this board knows it and loves it all also. I also know everyone is just venting - I just wanted to point out the positives! That is just what I really like to do!

While I don't want to speak for anyone else, I do think it's safe to say that we ALL would totally agree with and understand what you're saying! From a business perspective, it does make sense. Just more fallout from the present economic situation. But you know we still miss it!!! LOL! I know I still absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this company and still think the perks are the BOMB!!! And you know what, when the economy recovers, and it will, hopefully they'll bring some of the perks back!

Thanks for making sure we're still remembering how blessed we all are!!

See, but I don't think this is fallout from the economy. It has been coming on now for at least a year. When did they cancel the fun Director event? When did they stop giving a good lunch at conference and go to boxed lunches? That has been well before the economic downturn. I think they are making it more corporate and less family. I miss the family feeling PC had when I started. Don't get me wrong, I cannot think of a better DS company! However, some of our "special" is going away. In my opinion.

I know that some of you do not share my opinion and are just grateful for anything. That is a great mentality to have! It's not me right now!! I want all the little niceys back!! :D

As for the drop in commission. I guess they could've gone that route, but my goodness! Our commission rates are some of the lowest in the industry. The commission structure allows us to earn more than some with a higher commission rate, but it is already pretty low. If we had to pay for the host/guest special, didn't get a chance to earn the new products (a benefit I LOVE!!), or had to earn credits to be able to purchase materials (some DS are like that!) then there would be a mass exodus! What I"m saying is they couldn't make it lower without losing a TON of people! So, I think as far as that possibility goes we're safe.

I think once you get used to those little things, you really miss it. I was a little taken back by the document package. Thought we would have gotten something in there as in past years.
It was sad for me the first year I earned a trip and they didn't do a first time achievers thing. I was so excited that I earned a trip for my first time and knew they did a first time achiever reception. Then I got to San Fran and nothing. I was told about the little things they leave you and nothing. But then I didn't know any different either having not earned a trip prior to then.
Then I went on the cruise last year and got all kinds of treats. Champagne,the chocolates and the bag. I was in awww. I saw that last year and this year they are doing a first time reception for level 2. Guess I will have to just be a first time achiever at level 3 this year instead.
But really overall the company is great and I have enjoyed being part of it over the last (almost) 9 years.

<h2>Question 1: What are ya'll planning to wear to the dinners?</h2><p>The dress code for the dinners on the Miami Beach Incentive Trip will be resort casual. This means comfortable and stylish attire, such as sundresses, summer dresses, khakis, linen pants, and collared shirts for men. Avoid wearing flip flops, tank tops, and ripped or overly casual clothing.</p><h2>Question 2: The last night says casual black & white attire - how casual are you going to be? (capri's, shorts, sundress? for DH and DS it will probably be black shorts and a white polo)</h2><p>For the last night's dinner with a black and white theme, you can dress in semi-formal attire. This can include a black or white dress, dressy jumpsuit, or a nice black or white top with dress pants or a skirt. As for your DH and DS, black shorts and a white polo would be appropriate for a casual yet coordinated look.</p><h2>Question 3: What about the first night welcome dinner?</h2><p>The dress code for the first night's welcome dinner will be resort casual, similar to the other dinners. This is a great opportunity to wear a nice sundress or a collared shirt with khakis for men. You can also choose to dress up a bit more if you prefer.</p><h2>Question 4: I assume breakfast will be very casual - shorts?</h2><p>Yes, breakfast will be very casual, and shorts are a perfectly acceptable choice. You can also wear comfortable t-shirts, tank tops, and other casual summer attire for breakfast.</p>

Question 1: What are ya'll planning to wear to the dinners?

The dress code for the dinners on the Miami Beach Incentive Trip will be resort casual. This means comfortable and stylish attire, such as sundresses, summer dresses, khakis, linen pants, and collared shirts for men. Avoid wearing flip flops, tank tops, and ripped or overly casual clothing.

Question 2: The last night says casual black & white attire - how casual are you going to be? (capri's, shorts, sundress? for DH and DS it will probably be black shorts and a white polo)

For the last night's dinner with a black and white theme, you can dress in semi-formal attire. This can include a black or white dress, dressy jumpsuit, or a nice black or white top with dress pants or a skirt. As for your DH and DS, black shorts and a white polo would be appropriate for a casual yet coordinated look.

Question 3: What about the first night welcome dinner?

The dress code for the first night's welcome dinner will be resort casual, similar to the other dinners. This is a great opportunity to wear a nice sundress or a collared shirt with khakis for men. You can also choose to dress up a bit more if you prefer.

Question 4: I assume breakfast will be very casual - shorts?

Yes, breakfast will be very casual, and shorts are a perfectly acceptable choice. You can also wear comfortable t-shirts, tank tops, and other casual summer attire for breakfast.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MissChef
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
Replies
Views
micocina