• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Miami Beach Incentive Trip - Questions

In summary, the conversation discussed attire for dinners during a planned vacation. The first night was stated to be casual, with options such as capris, shorts, and sundresses. The last night required casual black and white attire, with some debate over how casual it would be. A document was mentioned that outlined appropriate attire for the dinners. Other topics included weight loss goals and potential wardrobe choices for the trip. One person shared a quick weight loss diet, but cautioned that the weight may come back once normal eating habits resume. The diet consisted of minimal calories and specific food choices.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I have never been on a PC vacation. What are ya'll planing to wear to the dinners? The last night says casual black & white attire - how casual are you going to be? (capri's, shorts, sundress? for DH and DS it will probably be black shorts and a white polo) What about the first night welcome dinner? I assume breakfast will be very casual - shorts?

There is a multipage thingy you can print that has answers to all the questions. Somewhere on there (or maybe the one page thingy with the schedule) it says what is appropriate attire for the dinners. The rest is all casual. You get to do whatever you want!

Thanks Deb. I thought I had seen that somewhere. I was looking at the itinerary and is just said casual. Guess DH won't be wearing shorts to the b&w dinner afterall.

What are ya'll gonna wear?

I don't know yet. I plan to lose another 20 pounds by then. That's possible right? I'll probably plan my wardrobe a week out. I'll more than likely have to go shopping.

Not sure. I may need to go shopping for maternity clothes to be well dressed on this trip. I did order some things online that I'll probably wear for our dinners--an animal print sundress and a black/white polka dot dress.

Chef Kearns said:
I don't know yet. I plan to lose another 20 pounds by then. That's possible right? I'll probably plan my wardrobe a week out. I'll more than likely have to go shopping.

Sure it's possible - how healthy do you want it to be?

Gone! I just want it gone! I've been on ww and had been successful in the beginning. I slacked off through Dec, Jan and Feb. I just want this weight off of me already! It is hard to get back to eating "good for you food".

I'm planning on wearing sundress type dresses, but classy looking ones. I probably won't wear any heels in case I'm walking in grass.For the black and white dinner, men do have to wear slacks and a collared shirt. Hee hee, my son is gonna love that!

Debi said:
I'm planning on wearing sundress type dresses, but classy looking ones. I probably won't wear any heels in case I'm walking in grass.

For the black and white dinner, men do have to wear slacks and a collared shirt. Hee hee, my son is gonna love that!

It did say NOT to wear heels since we'll be on the lawn for one or both parties.

DebbieJ said:
It did say NOT to wear heels since we'll be on the lawn for one or both parties.

I really need to wear heels! Good thing I kept my chunky heeled platform sandals :)

I'm so excited about this trip. I found a black and white dress at Target the other day and I'm going to be wearing it to the last dinner. Not sure yet about the other nights.

If you want a way to lose weight quick, let me know. I'm telling you, it's not fun at all...but it works :)

iteachurkid said:
I'm so excited about this trip. I found a black and white dress at Target the other day and I'm going to be wearing it to the last dinner. Not sure yet about the other nights.

If you want a way to lose weight quick, let me know. I'm telling you, it's not fun at all...but it works :)

I wanna know! LOL! I am down for diet and exercise AFTER the trip...lol.

Yea, Jennifer just post it! I'm down for a quick reduction in size!!

Come on Jennifer, tell us how??

Oh and I have a black and white sun dress for the B&W and I think I will do a sundress for the first night's dinner as well. Otherwise, I think it is great that it is mostly casual. DH agrees.

Sorry guys...I haven't been on the last few days :) Now, this is not ideal. It's a liver shrinking diet and the thing is, once you start eating normally again, the weight will come back. I can tell you though that I lost 17pounds in 2 weeks doing it. It's very minimal calories and you will be moody...but if there is a pair of pants or a dress you want to fit in, it will do the trick :)

Breakfast - Sugar Free Carnation Instant Breakfast or Slimfast High Protein
Lunch -same as breakfast with a few apple slices
Snack - String Cheese or fat free yogurt
Dinner - 2 slices low fat whole wheat bread with 4 ounces of deli meat - mustard is fine, mayo isn't and a Veggie (you can drink V8 if you'd like :)).

Like I said, it's not fun, but you will lose weight (it's only about 600-700 calories)...your body goes into starvation mode and uses the fat that's stored in your liver.

Let me know if you decide to try it...I'm here to encourage you and assure you can make it. I promise the first 2 days are the worst :) :)

I'm game. I think I'll give it a shot next week. I'm not even going to touch it over the weekend!! LOL! But since we have about 3 weeks still until the trip I think I can skip weekends (not totally binge, but you know). What do you think?

that doesn't sound very healthy

Well, neither does carrying around an extra 80 pounds!

you are correct there. be careful.

Y'all are just gonna hafta deal with my fat. Sorry! But I do promise NOT to wear a bikini!!!

You are too cute, Debi!! You have nothing to worry about (except me if you make a play for my husband!).

LOL!

Chef Kearns said:
You are too cute, Debi!! You have nothing to worry about (except me if you make a play for my husband!).

LOL!

First of all, have you not seen me? Ewwww! LOL!

And second of all, your hubby's a hottie but he's strictly YOURS! No worries there.

Crazy woman!

pamperedlinda said:
that doesn't sound very healthy

It's a doctor prescribed diet before bariatric surgery. It causes the body to use the fat that stored in your liver. Like I said, I'm not sure it's the best thing out there, but I plan to keep it around for when I need to get in a dress, etc :)

As far as weekends go, as long as you are sensible, you should be fine. Good luck with it and let me know how it goes!!

Guess where we'll be three weeks from today?!?! Miami Beach, here we come!!! I'm sooo excited :)

Oh I know!!! I know!!!! I cannot wait!!!!!

Yeah, I'm starting to really get excited, too!!

I have been very excited and counting down the days.
Tonight I made the mistake of reading reviews and researching the hotel some.

I was shocked a little when I found out how expensive things will be there.
For an example drinks are $14-$18 plus gratuity, to eat at any of the places at the hotel is very expensive. I was then reading that because it is so far from everything, eating there is your only option. One person spent $75 for a steak dinner and $25 for a glass of wine. (please tell me that was for 2 people and not 1)

I guess we all better plan to bring plenty of spending money. I told DH that in reality we are saving a ton. They are giving us breakfast and 2 dinners.

Now I read that at the beach chairs are $5. But what about towels?

Anyone else find info on the hotel??

Um....so other than the email airfare itinerary, were we supposed to receive something else?

Christ Follower said:
Um....so other than the email airfare itinerary, were we supposed to receive something else?

I've been wondering that too!!

Yes we should rec. a box with luggage tags and your tickets about 2 weeks before the trip. So hopefully this week we will get that.

I wouldn't worry about the hotel being the only place to eat. It's Miami Beach - it's overdeveloped and crowded, you will find plenty of places nearby. Plus HO is providing free shuttles to and from South Beach.

I'm driving - it's gonna cost @ $30 daily to park my car....

HO is providing shuttles on only one of the days--Monday only.

DebbieJ said:
HO is providing shuttles on only one of the days--Monday only.

sorry about the misinformation...

I did look at an area map on microsoft map point. It is sort of away from everything. But there are other hotels that have restaurants and bars too. I read somewhere the drinks are $2-$5 cheaper next door. LOL

That stinks about the parking cost.

chefkugler said:
I did look at an area map on microsoft map point. It is sort of away from everything. But there are other hotels that have restaurants and bars too. I read somewhere the drinks are $2-$5 cheaper next door. LOL

That stinks about the parking cost.

I'm still ahead of the game! I took the $600 travel allowance - so even with doing the buy-in for my son, paying for driving and parking, I'm still coming out ahead.

pamperedlinda said:
I'm still ahead of the game! I took the $600 travel allowance - so even with doing the buy-in for my son, paying for driving and parking, I'm still coming out ahead.

Linda, how old is your son?

pamperedlinda said:
he just turned 7

Oh OK. My son is 11. He keeps wavering on going though. AND he said the annual testing is that week!

Who would you bring if D didn't go with you? Not that I'm not anxious to meet your son, but you would have more "girl-time" if he didn't travel with you.

Chef Kearns said:
Who would you bring if D didn't go with you? Not that I'm not anxious to meet your son, but you would have more "girl-time" if he didn't travel with you.

Are you kidding? Let's see, how many of my girls would love a FREE vacation courtesy of ME! LOL!

Debi said:
Are you kidding? Let's see, how many of my girls would love a FREE vacation courtesy of ME! LOL!

If by your girls you mean consultants on your team, that's not allowed. You can't bring another consultant.

bethcooks4u said:
If by your girls you mean consultants on your team, that's not allowed. You can't bring another consultant.

No, I meant my girlfriends.

I am very excited about the trip, but I am anxious to get my shopping done, and none of the Summer clothes are out yet- I went shopping over the weekend for Sun dresses for the dinners, and there are none to be found for my "fluffy" frame. I have one more shopping day planned the first week of April, and I hope I will find something then. I am still looking for someone to golf with my hubby-

Mrssyvo said:
I am very excited about the trip, but I am anxious to get my shopping done, and none of the Summer clothes are out yet- I went shopping over the weekend for Sun dresses for the dinners, and there are none to be found for my "fluffy" frame. I have one more shopping day planned the first week of April, and I hope I will find something then. I am still looking for someone to golf with my hubby-

Sue, I had the same experience! I went out shopping and couldn't find any shorts! I do have the added challenge of needing maternity clothes, but still! Very annoying!

Well, the shorts are flirty dresses are in the stores here in TX. I just wish I could fit my fluffy frame into something cute! Not to mention my gi-normous sisters won't let me be to cutsie.

Chef Kearns said:
Well, the shorts are flirty dresses are in the stores here in TX. I just wish I could fit my fluffy frame into something cute! Not to mention my gi-normous sisters won't let me be to cutsie.

Girl....chop chop! Get those girls cut down! That's what I did. LOL!!

I know. I want to. We are just afraid of the cost. With my back issues it should be covered by insurance, but they want me to lose about 40 pounds first. I've been working on that for about 8 years now! LOL!

Chef Kearns said:
I know. I want to. We are just afraid of the cost. With my back issues it should be covered by insurance, but they want me to lose about 40 pounds first. I've been working on that for about 8 years now! LOL!

My Dr in Germany agreed that the surgery would help me lose weight. It's a whole lot easier to exercise! But I just had it done in May and life has been rather crazy since then!

Debi said:
My Dr in Germany agreed that the surgery would help me lose weight. It's a whole lot easier to exercise! But I just had it done in May and life has been rather crazy since then!

Had it done 13 years ago. Best decision ever.

<h2>Question 1: What are ya'll planning to wear to the dinners?</h2><p>The dress code for the dinners on the Miami Beach Incentive Trip will be resort casual. This means comfortable and stylish attire, such as sundresses, summer dresses, khakis, linen pants, and collared shirts for men. Avoid wearing flip flops, tank tops, and ripped or overly casual clothing.</p><h2>Question 2: The last night says casual black & white attire - how casual are you going to be? (capri's, shorts, sundress? for DH and DS it will probably be black shorts and a white polo)</h2><p>For the last night's dinner with a black and white theme, you can dress in semi-formal attire. This can include a black or white dress, dressy jumpsuit, or a nice black or white top with dress pants or a skirt. As for your DH and DS, black shorts and a white polo would be appropriate for a casual yet coordinated look.</p><h2>Question 3: What about the first night welcome dinner?</h2><p>The dress code for the first night's welcome dinner will be resort casual, similar to the other dinners. This is a great opportunity to wear a nice sundress or a collared shirt with khakis for men. You can also choose to dress up a bit more if you prefer.</p><h2>Question 4: I assume breakfast will be very casual - shorts?</h2><p>Yes, breakfast will be very casual, and shorts are a perfectly acceptable choice. You can also wear comfortable t-shirts, tank tops, and other casual summer attire for breakfast.</p>

Question 1: What are ya'll planning to wear to the dinners?

The dress code for the dinners on the Miami Beach Incentive Trip will be resort casual. This means comfortable and stylish attire, such as sundresses, summer dresses, khakis, linen pants, and collared shirts for men. Avoid wearing flip flops, tank tops, and ripped or overly casual clothing.

Question 2: The last night says casual black & white attire - how casual are you going to be? (capri's, shorts, sundress? for DH and DS it will probably be black shorts and a white polo)

For the last night's dinner with a black and white theme, you can dress in semi-formal attire. This can include a black or white dress, dressy jumpsuit, or a nice black or white top with dress pants or a skirt. As for your DH and DS, black shorts and a white polo would be appropriate for a casual yet coordinated look.

Question 3: What about the first night welcome dinner?

The dress code for the first night's welcome dinner will be resort casual, similar to the other dinners. This is a great opportunity to wear a nice sundress or a collared shirt with khakis for men. You can also choose to dress up a bit more if you prefer.

Question 4: I assume breakfast will be very casual - shorts?

Yes, breakfast will be very casual, and shorts are a perfectly acceptable choice. You can also wear comfortable t-shirts, tank tops, and other casual summer attire for breakfast.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MissChef
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
Replies
Views
micocina