• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Meeting People at Conference: Who Did You Connect With?

In summary, Kristi met a ton of people at conference. She introduced herself to many people and they all seem to be very nice.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
who did you meet?

I hung out with Krissy Walker A LOT and walked together!!! I also may Rae and ran into her A lot as well but she's a ton of fun!! I introduced myself to Carolyn Kraham (the pink boa gave her away) :p and met Nell's a cookin (ran into her twice!!! I also met Chef Kristin! I of course hung out with Deb Jennings she picked me up from the pier and we hung out for 5 hours!!! I also met Janet (Janetupnorth) who handed me a Paige ribbon after my new director walk. Thanks Janet!!

I also found out that Jennifer Osborne who's in my cluster is a member here and NEVER posts!!!! She brought Chef Success up at dinner and I said yes, i love it there!!! Jennifer, come out and introduce yourself!!

I also met a woman at the airport named Patsy and she's only posted a few times but she'll be on here more today, I'm sure!!!

Conference went by so fast and I'm sorry if I left anyone out initially. I can't wait to hear who you met!

Last edited:
Apparently, I'm still exhausted and couldn't spell conference!! Oops!:eek:

Hey Kristi~~ I am so glad we were able to meet and get to know each other a bit...I had a great time haning with you and I am so glad we walked together, can't wait til Leadership!
Unfortunately didn't get to meet too many of you...
I did say hello to Carolyn in the balcony of general session on Day 1..pink boa..you all stood out & looked great!!
I spoke with Kelly McNamara on the phone bc we were to meet at the first workshop on Day 1 but then I realized as a Director I didn't have a workshop on Day 1!!!
I think I saw a few of you in the bar at the Sheraton after the Executive banquet...possibly Jennifer Stephens? but was with my group and didn't get a chance to say Hello...sorry.

I hope you all had a great time at conference...hopefully we will get a chance to meet up in the future :)

Kristi~

I screamed really loud for you and Krissy yesterday! Hope you heard me! LOL :D

The first person I met was Diane (quiverfull7) She was standing in line behind me for the early morning Home office tour! I noticed her last name on her name tag (....not a very common last name:p ) and then I ran into her quite a bit during conference! She is just as positive and caring as her posts on here are!

I saw Rae quite a bit (already had met her in Feb at our Regional Training Meeting, so I knew who I was looking for!) She even walked around with me and my "sister consultant" from my cluster at the Home Office Tour. She is such a sweetie!

YummyBites recognized me and introduced herself when I was standing in line....glad she came up to me...very nice!

I totally missed out on BOTH the meet n greets....GRRRRRRR....:mad: :mad: :mad: Wednesday night we ended up walking around Chicago with my cluster and didn't get done eating and sight seeing till late, so I made up my mind I would go Thursday. We wanted to visit the Cheesecake Factory for dinner that night and wouldn't you know it.....we waited till after 10PM for our table!! We didn't finish dinner till 11, so I missed that one too. :mad: :mad: I was very dissappointed, but when you are doing something like NC in a big city with a bunch of people, some things are out of your control. Next conference I hope to meet more of you!

I hope I didn't accidentally leave anyone out...it is such a whirlwind experience for three days that everything kindof runs together and you forget what you did and said!

Conference was a blast! Can't wait to sell our super NEW products!

I met a TON of people desipte the fact that I could not go to the meetngreet...

StacieB - Who is a complete doll. However, I think she stalks me :)
Colleen (letscook04) - who also is a doll and I saw her a lot too.
Janet - thank you so much for the ribbon!
Rae - who made a fabulous stage appearance as the "bad angel"
Alison (GourmetGirl) - wish I could have talked long with you!!
Tammi (Hoosierchef) - wish I could have talked longer with you as well!
Kelly(kellythechef) - spotted her on the escalator on day 1 and then sat behind her the next day in another class :)

I saw Kristi, Krissy, Sharon, and Carolyn on stage and cheered for them :) ?I thought I saw some people at Howl at the Moon Thursday night but was not sure so didn't want to look like a goober. :)

It was so nice to meet you all and I hope to see you all next year -- walking on stage AND out and about!! I'll be up there. I told my director that this year I'm losing 50lbs and gaining 15 recruits so I can be up there in a hottie hottie dress ;)

Good luck with the 50 lbs and the 15 recruits...sounds like my goal too!
I was at Howling at the Moon on Thursday night also...we were sitting at the long bar stool section facing the piano's...I wish you would have said Hi if you recognized me...I know how feel though...walking up to people I thought I recognized and say are you....made feel kinda of gooberish too but I wouldn't have thought that if someone came up to me..

Thanks for cheering for us on stage, it was exciting but I was shaking the whole time!! I just hope I didn't look like an idiot!!!
Hope to see you someday....and I will certainly cheer for you next year. You can do it!!!

Thank you for your encouragement! I'm very determined!

No!! You looked awesome! You don't have 50lbs to lose!! :)

I thought it was you. We were first kinda towards a corner behind the stange to the back of the building. Then when a group of older people left, we converged on their table. If you were looking at the stage we were at the table to the right side of it. Near the mullet men :p

yummybytes said:
Thank you for your encouragement! I'm very determined!

No!! You looked awesome! You don't have 50lbs to lose!! :)

I thought it was you. We were first kinda towards a corner behind the stange to the back of the building. Then when a group of older people left, we converged on their table. If you were looking at the stage we were at the table to the right side of it. Near the mullet men :p

:( sorry I missed you at the bar...I knew some PC's had to be in there...
what was up with the mullet guys?? We kept waiting for them to do something cuz who would go out in that get up!!

Thanks for the compliment...if only my scale agreed with you!:eek:
I just saw your from Pittsburgh...my husband is a HUGE Steelers fan!

No idea -- but they were REALLY freaking me out. We could not stop laughing at them.

Glad your husband roots for the right team :) I have a tremendous amount of hometown pride. It's sick. I bleed Black and Gold. :)

KellyTheChef said:
Kristi~

I screamed really loud for you and Krissy yesterday! Hope you heard me! LOL :D

I did hear everybody screaming for us!! I heard someone say after the applause went down GO KRISTI!!! I just started smiling even more!!!

It's very embarrassing being up on that stage and I feel like when I was behind stage about to go out that the lady PUSHED me to go. I stopped in my heels and she pushed harder!!:eek: So I feel like when I got to the opening where the camera was, I was like HUH??:rolleyes: I'm not sure how I looked but I'm glad I didn't see it!! I felt like I was in shell shock!!!

Oh, I did see Sharon Stringfellow on the camera but we were on stage together and had to leave right after to catch my flight.:D

yummybytes said:
Rae - who made a fabulous stage appearance as the "bad angel"

:eek: What?????

Oh Gosh - I saw so many I am not sure I will be able to list you all
!!
It was so cool to see you all and ge to hang with my girls!!! I had breakfast with Rae (Bates) and Ann (Easter) and Diane (Quiverfull) on day 3 - that was SO great - sooooooooooooooo great. Sharyn Stringfellow - I was at CArol's banquet and listened to your awesome speech but wasn't feeling well so wasn't able to get up and say HI to you. I was FREEZING my BUTT off and then all of a sudden Carol called me up there for top sales and I about passed out!
Only one of ya'll were in my workshop and I am not tellin WHO...she'll have to tell ya ;)
The MnG was awesome - it wasn't like meeting new people - it was like hanging with my old pals...Kristin Dahlstrom - I knew you the second I saw you and it ws like running into a lifelong friend! I am glad I kept seeing yo uall over the place!
And Janet - my office supplies junkie friend! Iloved getting to spend time with you! ANd taking pics with everyone - Tammi Duzan and getting to share much meeded sad-mommy hugs with Crystal (even though I couldn't hug you the next day cuz you were sneezing and I'm a germ freak...consider yourself doubly hugged! How's your baby-girl? My boys are still in SF...and yes, they got their luggage back - LOL They come home to me Wednesday and I can't wait!!!
I know I am missing a few names but please know that seeing you all made National Conference all the more special!!!

PampMomof3 said:
I did hear everybody screaming for us!! I heard someone say after the applause went down GO KRISTI!!! I just started smiling even more!!!

It's very embarrassing being up on that stage and I feel like when I was behind stage about to go out that the lady PUSHED me to go. I stopped in my heels and she pushed harder!!:eek: So I feel like when I got to the opening where the camera was, I was like HUH??:rolleyes: I'm not sure how I looked but I'm glad I didn't see it!! I felt like I was in shell shock!!!

Oh, I did see Sharon Stringfellow on the camera but we were on stage together and had to leave right after to catch my flight.:D

Oh, and Kristi - that was me! I was up in Carol Radu's box seats fairly close to the stage so I screamed atcha!!

Ok....I met everyone at the Thursday night gathering:
Rae-who I saw constantly! You devil you!!
Carolyn-The boa is what caught my eye too on the first morning! She doesn't know but I am crashing her place in FL!!! SSHHHH!!!!
Alison (Gourmet Girl)
Janelle (Nells-a-cookin)
Kristi (PamperedMomof3)
Janet (JanetUpNorth)-thanks for the ribbon-I have to get a hold of Ann
DebJ
Bob
Tammi
Crystal
(CrystalsCooking)
I actually saw Kellythechef several times but she was always talking so I didn't want to interrupt(sorry Kelly). I had a lot of fun in the short amount of time we were together!
I can't wait till next year. And if Carolyn ever gets you in an elevator Don't pull her finger!!! LOL!!! Kisses Carolyn!!

chefkristin said:
Ok....I met everyone at the Thursday night gathering:
Rae-who I saw constantly! You devil you!!
Carolyn-The boa is what caught my eye too on the first morning! She doesn't know but I am crashing her place in FL!!! SSHHHH!!!!
Alison (Gourmet Girl)
Janelle (Nells-a-cookin)
Kristi (PamperedMomof3)
Janet (JanetUpNorth)-thanks for the ribbon-I have to get a hold of Ann
DebJ
Bob
Tammi
Crystal
(CrystalsCooking)
I actually saw Kellythechef several times but she was always talking so I didn't want to interrupt(sorry Kelly). I had a lot of fun in the short amount of time we were together!
I can't wait till next year. And if Carolyn ever gets you in an elevator Don't pull her finger!!! LOL!!! Kisses Carolyn!!

Oooooh - I got to hang with Janelle and Allison too and they're awesome!
Hey Janelle - what were the director's loop cards I saw goin' by with your info on them?
Hey Kristin...PULL MY FINGER!!!

My goodness, I met so many people that I can't count. Everyone at the MNG Thurs. night.

Wish all had made it - even late (like me)!

I met Tammi the morning before in the HO tour line and another lady from here (sorry, need to look up your business card). I just got home from travel and my brain is fried!!!!

I also met Patsy in my Tech Clinic - she's only posted a few times but is a neat lady and let me use her laptop to jump on here quick and get a Paige update!!!!

I have to post some pictures soon!!!!

Kelly - I missed you!!!! So wish we could have met!

Carolyn - enjoy your stuff - hope you like the small sampling - great to run into you a few times - hope you didn't make yourself sick running ragged...you have a fun group.

Beth (Tammi's friend) - you're a sweatheart hope you get on here and read this soon.

Rae - you are EXACTLY as I pictured you - great to meet you!

Marisol whom I ran into more than once and had a class with - you are a sweatheart - you looked great for banquet and you will continue to great in your business!

For those with banquets and the Sheraton that didn't meet me, I was the crazy person walking through the halls with fire gear on that night!

I can't believe how much I went non-stop at banquet and am so excited for Fall.

I made 4 calls tonight to book shows and 1 person is a recruit lead...not the time for her she says but she has thought about it and I will be keeping on her.

I have to go back to my FT job tomorrow am exhausted but excited!!!!

OMG - I forgot to mention my shopaholic friend Marisol whom i got to spend quite a bit of time with! Of course, I was not able to buy much at Merrill, well, because Miss Marisol BOUGHT IT ALL!!!!!
Man can that girl shop!! LOL
Oh, and her diamonds are GORGEOUS!! She's one of those people that if she lived closer to me we'd hang out a lot together! LOL

I loved getting to see all of you at the meet & greet! I was so glad I came to the Sheraton Thursday. Almost didn't do it.

Carolyn - got my girl back tonight, THREE HOURS LATE!!!! She's exhausted & has a bad skinned up knee, but otherwise none the worse for wear. She told me she was so glad to be back in her bed & didn't want to go away without me again. AWWWW!

Jenn(Yummybytes)- What a great gal you are. I think you were stalking me!!! LOL J/K was fun chatting with you.

Introduced myself to Kelly(Kellythechef), Alison (Gormet Girl), Sara(Pampered MS LA), Rae (raebates) and Bowman.

Rae was great on the stage as well!!!

Related to Meeting People at Conference: Who Did You Connect With?

1. Who should I prioritize connecting with at the conference?

It's important to connect with a variety of people at the conference, including potential customers, fellow consultants, and industry leaders. Prioritize connecting with those who share similar interests and goals, but don't be afraid to branch out and make new connections as well.

2. How do I approach someone I want to connect with?

Start by introducing yourself and finding common ground. Ask open-ended questions to get to know the person and their business better. Be genuine and respectful, and don't be afraid to share your own experiences and insights. Remember to exchange contact information for future follow-up.

3. Is it better to connect with people in person or online?

Both in-person and online connections are valuable. Meeting someone in person allows for a more personal and memorable interaction, but connecting online allows for continued communication and networking after the conference. It's best to do a combination of both to make the most of your connections.

4. What should I do if I don't know anyone at the conference?

Don't worry, you're not alone! Many people attend conferences solo. Take advantage of networking events and break-out sessions to meet new people. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself and start conversations. You may even want to reach out to fellow consultants in your area beforehand to see if they will be attending the conference.

5. How can I make sure I stay connected with the people I meet at the conference?

After the conference, be sure to follow up with the people you connected with. Send a personalized message or email thanking them for the conversation and expressing your interest in staying connected. You can also connect with them on social media or join online groups related to the conference to continue networking and building relationships.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
Replies
Views
Nanisu
Replies
Views
raebates