• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Rewards: Hosting a $300+ Product Purchase Party with a New Recruit

In summary, the conversation discussed a situation where a customer wanted to purchase over $300 in products and the consultants were trying to figure out how to handle it. They suggested making it a party for the customer so she could get the host rewards, or putting the entire order under the customer's name and moving some items to the wish list to see what would be the best deal for the customer. Some consultants mentioned that they have done similar things in the past, either to build customer loyalty or to be kind to a customer in a special situation. One consultant suggested throwing in an extra gift for the customer, and another mentioned that as a new consultant, they have done this before to get more products for themselves.
Melissa78
Gold Member
I'm hoping to pick your brains if you could help me out with one of my new recruits. She has someone who wants to purchase over $300 in products. OF course we know that newbies get PC$ for every 4 shows held in addition to the $1250 in sales. Can we somehow make this a party for her? (even as a catalog party?) then the 'host' can get some free rewards as well as she gets credit as a party? My only concern was that there was only 1 order and it would look like a red flag. Any insights? I've never had someone just want to spend over $300 so I didn't know how to approach this.

Thank you all for any advice you can give because I'm really not sure on this one. :confused:

I have done a catalog show with one order. I have the customer give me her husband's name for the first $150. Then the remaining items go on her order and she gets the discount and the host special. I did two just like this last month, because two people wanted the cookware at 60%. They ordered $150 in merchandise and then got the 60% off the cookware.

Yes, you can do it. It's simply allowing the customer to take advantage of the host rewards as a thank you for such a great order. I have submitted a show where the guest and host name are the same. You aren't doing anything unethical, but rather developing customer loyalty by giving her the best available deal. ;)

Like they said, yes you can do this! You can put $150 under the guest and the rest under the host (to get the discount), or any combination you want. If you put the whole $300 under the guest she'd get more free product and she'd get half price items which she might prefer to the discount.

Just play around with it until you find what is the best deal for the customer!

I do it too when a customer has a large order. I put the "guest" order and the "host" order under the same name for warranty purposes! That way, they don't have to try & remember who bought what. ;)Put everything on one order, then move some of the items to the wish list, go to the other order & pull from the wish list. That way you can move stuff around to see what works out the cheapest for the host ... $150 in guest sales, $200 in guest sales or $300 in guest sales.Added note, it will add a show to her 30/90 day count, but it will also take a little away from her commissionable sales. If she hasn't already mentioned it to the guest, she may want to do "consultant acting as host" and maybe throw in a "thank you" item on the guest order. ;) That way, she'd get commissionable sales on the WHOLE guest order, plus the "thank you" item ... and she would get the host benefits for a $300 show which could give her a 1/2 priced item. If she's really looking to build her stock, that's a good way to begin. ;)

Wow thanks ladies!

I would do it EXACTLY as Sheila stated.

I had a lady call me last August and tell me that she wanted to order almost $500.00 worth of products. Her son was going to Iraq, and he had picked out several things. She wanted to surprise him in his new home when he got to come home for Christmas.
I put her in as a guest. Once I got the guest her to 150 I put the rest in for her as a host.
I did this so she could get a discount. Although I didn't make as much money as I could have from this order I did what I felt was the right thing for my customer.
She is a sweet older lady, and what she was doing for her son was such a sweet gesture I couldn't bear to charge her full price.
Sometimes when we look at these situations we need to weigh the short term gain v the long term. For me, in this case, I felt like the long term relationship was more important than the short term monetary gain.
Having said that, for a new consultant, I like Sheila's idea with throwing in an extra gift for the customer. Heck I have everything in the catalog. I remember as a newbie how much I WANTED so many things but couldn't afford them.
That answer was absolutely no help. :)

As a pretty new consultant, I've done as Sheila said and acted as the host for the show to get discounted items to add to my kit. I HATE letting host specials go to waste!You could ALSO put the entire 300 down as a guest order and if you have any past hosts/customers with a wish list item that matches up with your host special, message them and say "hey, I remembered you wanted ____ and its the host special for this month! I have a show ready to close that has no host! If you want to place an order, you can have the host special for the show!" BINGO two happy customers! And one is a repeat :D

MakinBacon said:
As a pretty new consultant, I've done as Sheila said and acted as the host for the show to get discounted items to add to my kit.

I HATE letting host specials go to waste!

You could ALSO put the entire 300 down as a guest order and if you have any past hosts/customers with a wish list item that matches up with your host special, message them and say "hey, I remembered you wanted ____ and its the host special for this month! I have a show ready to close that has no host! If you want to place an order, you can have the host special for the show!" BINGO two happy customers! And one is a repeat :D

You go girl! :D

1. How do I host a Pampered Chef party?

To host a Pampered Chef party, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date for your party. You can either have an in-person party at your home or a virtual party online.

2. How many guests should I invite to my Pampered Chef party?

There is no set number of guests for a Pampered Chef party. It's best to invite as many people as you feel comfortable hosting and who you think would be interested in attending.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

As a host, you can earn free and discounted products, as well as receive exclusive host rewards. You also get to have a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family.

4. Can I customize my Pampered Chef party menu?

Yes, you can work with your consultant to customize a menu that fits your preferences and dietary needs. Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes for different diets, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options.

5. How do I place an order at a Pampered Chef party?

You can place an order at a Pampered Chef party by filling out an order form with your consultant or by ordering online through the party's unique link. Your consultant will help you with any questions or concerns you may have about placing an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kristibrooke
Replies