• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Doesn't Want to Get Lei'd at a Pampered Chef Party Right????

so it worked out in the end.Hey, that's still 2 bookings right? =) that's cool!Yeah, it's still 2 bookings. Awesome idea! I will try that myself. Thanks!!
kristina16marie
Gold Member
I thought that might get your attention! Anyways, I tried out a new incentive at my show today. I purchased 3 colorful leis at the dollar tree and put them on the host when I got to the show. I told her to ask everyone to host a party and if they agreed they'd get one of the leis. Also if she got 3 people to book a party, when we closed the last one, she'd get an incentive (the large round pizza stone that I purchased for 60% off last month). Each person who booked also got a free rub when they had a set date on my calendar before leaving the show.

Well, only 3 guests showed up.....and all 3 of the guests booked a party! PLUS - one of them placed an order for $509.00!!!!! And that's with zero cookware or forged cutlery involved! My jaw about dropped. She filled in every space on the order form which makes me wonder if she would have ordered more had there been more spaces....

Wow! What a great idea! Love that. :)

What a great idea....I may steal it. Glad your show was a good one.

Congratulations! I like that idea. I may steal it as well.

Just curious. Did you include this in the invitation? or did the guests in some way know what was going to happen, or did it just start when they arrived and only the Host knew?Thanks

esavvymom said:
Just curious. Did you include this in the invitation? or did the guests in some way know what was going to happen, or did it just start when they arrived and only the Host knew?

Thanks

Just the host knew. I gave her the leis and explained what she would get if she had 3 dated bookings at her show and that she should ask everyone to have a party. At the time I didn't know that only 3 guests would show up!

Great for you!!! I hope they all stick!!!

I have a whole bunch of mardi gras beads - think I just may try this today at my party with the beads. :)

Great idea since New Orleans could be in our future!

I'd love to hear back from people how this goes if they try it--neat idea for a motivated host!

hmmmm that sounds like an idea. I have a bunch of Mardi Gras beads because I use them for the ask me anything about my business game instead of tickets. I could use a different color for the hosting the show. Actually I do still have some leis left from using those last year for Hawaii incentive (that I didn't earn :( ) Maybe I'll try that instead so beads won't be confusing with the game.

Melissa78 said:
I have a whole bunch of mardi gras beads - think I just may try this today at my party with the beads. :)

any takers from your show yesterday?

I'm hesistant to give away the rubs when they set a date with you the night of the hostess's show. I am more lenient in including it in her order when the show holds and closes with sales. And just showing it as "consultant gift" on the order.

kristina16marie said:
any takers from your show yesterday?

Two but they didn't come from the host - she didn't want to ask anyone so they got lei'd by me. =D

jla8279 said:
I'm hesistant to give away the rubs when they set a date with you the night of the hostess's show. I am more lenient in including it in her order when the show holds and closes with sales. And just showing it as "consultant gift" on the order.

i just happened to have 4 new ones on me so i took them. but now i'm out, so i'll add them to the host order from now on.

Melissa78 said:
Two but they didn't come from the host - she didn't want to ask anyone so they got lei'd by me. =D

hey, that's still 2 bookings right? =) that's cool!

Awesome idea! I will try that myself. Thanks!!

I did this idea at a show but did not even offer a rub to the people that were booking. The host practically gave the lei's away so that she could find out what was in an envelope I had that she got something for free. I actually booked a party with someone that said "on my way here I told myself I was not going to let anyone talk me into a party" I really questioned wether she wanted to have one and she said yes. In that case my host on her own walked over to her friend and said "I think you need to be the next one to have a party" We will see how it goes. It does help when the host is helping you book shows. Thanks for the idea and I am going to try this idea for the next few shows and see what happens.

update: last night's party had 4 guests & got 2 bookings and today's show had 9 guests and i got 5 bookings! i ran out of lei's!!!! but that's a good problem to have right?

I am definitely going to try this!!!! This sounds like an awesome way to get bookings and the host will not only get whatever I choose to give her for an incentive with so many parties but she will get that many host specials too!

I have a few questions about the host incentive ~
How do you decide what to offer as an incentive?
What if the host is not "excited" about the product you picked - do you let them "exchange" it when the last booking is submitted, if you have to order it on that host's order?
Sorry for the questions but this is something I would like to try and I just want to be confident in presenting it:)

cochef said:
I have a few questions about the host incentive ~
How do you decide what to offer as an incentive?
What if the host is not "excited" about the product you picked - do you let them "exchange" it when the last booking is submitted, if you have to order it on that host's order?
Sorry for the questions but this is something I would like to try and I just want to be confident in presenting it:)

the first host i tried this with, i offered the large round stone because i had gotten one at 60% off in february and had it lying around. with all my other shows i am offering the stoneware fluted pan for free. it's something that all my hosts want, but isn't necessarily on the top of their list (like the dcb). i'm offering to do a dessert for free if the party has 10 guests, so i'm talking about the fluted stone during my shows and i mention up front what the host will get when her friends book. that takes the pressure off me and it's the host that is asking for the bookings. plus i let them know that at their party, if they have 3 bookings, they'll get a fluted stone for free too!

oh, and yes - i'll be ordering it on the host's order. (host #3 to make sure that all 3 shows hold.)

sorry, i forgot to talk about if the host "wasn't excited" about the incentive. unless the host already had a fluted pan i wouldn't let them pick a different one. but so far they're seeing the 12 min miracle cake in the micro, so all of them want one!

Kristina,
Thank you so much for the info. I like the idea of the fluted pan and actually would not have thought of that piece - not a big seller for me, but maybe that will change :)

cochef said:
Kristina,
Thank you so much for the info. I like the idea of the fluted pan and actually would not have thought of that piece - not a big seller for me, but maybe that will change :)

yeah, i was going to do the large round stone since it's so popular but my 2nd host that i tried this "lei" idea with already had it (duh, i just said it was popular right?) so that's when i switched it up to the fluted stone. i figured it was something everyone would want after seeing the micro cake, and it's WORKING!!!

kristina16marie said:
yeah, i was going to do the large round stone since it's so popular but my 2nd host that i tried this "lei" idea with already had it (duh, i just said it was popular right?) so that's when i switched it up to the fluted stone. i figured it was something everyone would want after seeing the micro cake, and it's WORKING!!!

what recipe do you use for the microwave cake?

what is the 12 minute miracle cake? recipe?

Chocolate cake mix by the box. Grease pan if needed, enter batter, top with scoops of canned frosting--NOT WHIPPED. 12 Min. in Microwave. Invert and presto....frosted cake.

Attached files aren't mine, I'm sure I got them off here at some point...;)

Attachments

• Microwave Cakes.doc
    23 KB · Views: 613
  • StonewareFlutedPanCookbook.doc
    94 KB · Views: 531
rubyrya said:
what is the 12 minute miracle cake? recipe?

i just use a chocolate box cake. make batter according to directions and cook in micro for 12 minutes. after it's inverted, i stick the tub of frosting in the microwave for 15 seconds and just pour the frosting over the top to let it run down the sides so it's "pretty".

I tried this last night, but when I got there the host was so distracted with all the preparations that I didn't even really have her attention at all until about 5 min before the show. I told her I'd have "something special" for her if she got rid of all three. She was mildly interested, but didn't ask anyone. I ended up with 1 potential booking, out of 14 people there. Disappointing, but I will try it again. This host was not that interested in free stuff...she really was doing the party just to get her friends together, which may be less of an incective.

a consultant in my downline tried this tonight also. she couldn't find any lei's or mardi gras beads so she bought some plastic eggs & put them in a basket. inside each egg she had pictures of 2 rubs cutout as the gift the guest would receive for booking. and she got 3 bookings!

kristina16marie said:
Anyways, I tried out a new incentive at my show today. I purchased 3 colorful leis at the dollar tree and put them on the host when I got to the show. I told her to ask everyone to host a party and if they agreed they'd get one of the leis. Also if she got 3 people to book a party, when we closed the last one, she'd get an incentive (the large round pizza stone that I purchased for 60% off last month). .

I tried this last night and it was a success!!! I got 3 PINK leis since it was a Help Whip Cancer party... I told the host that I had a mission/incentive for her. If she asked her guest to host a party and give each one that said yes away, When the 3rd party closed I would give her a $15 item of her choice...She was excited!!! I booked 3 parties at the show with little effort!!! Not bad for only 6 guests....

pchefgagnon said:
I tried this last night and it was a success!!! I got 3 PINK leis since it was a Help Whip Cancer party... I told the host that I had a mission/incentive for her. If she asked her guest to host a party and give each one that said yes away, When the 3rd party closed I would give her a $15 item of her choice...She was excited!!! I booked 3 parties at the show with little effort!!! Not bad for only 6 guests....

Way to go! I'm so glad it was a success for you!

This looks like a great idea. I love the lei's and also the cake in the stoneware. Great recipes. I may try both of these when I actually book a cooking show again!

blueikaos said:
I may try both of these when I actually book a cooking show again!

Well your mood says "aggressive" so grab the phone and start booking! Use your summer marketing guide to give you word choices or give yourself a 24 bookings in 24 hours challenge! I found that idea here on CS. Do a search to find it - it really does get results. Good luck!

Thanks Kristina. I'll look for that challenge.

My main problem is my wording. I get caught up and never can get out things the way I want them to.
Then I kick myself after the fact. :yuck:

Love this idea!! I will be trying at my next party!

This does sound good!

I know this is an old thread that got bumped but i'm wondering if you put a "time limit" on the bookings. Did they have to be booked within 3 months? 6 months? I'm tempted to do this but I am really wanting bookings for December - February right now....

blueikaos said:
Thanks Kristina. I'll look for that challenge.

My main problem is my wording. I get caught up and never can get out things the way I want them to.
Then I kick myself after the fact. :yuck:

Make some "cheat sheet" note cards & put them in your apron. I keep a general outline of main things I want to hit. That way if I digress, I can pull out my notes & get back on track. ;)

PamperedK said:
I know this is an old thread that got bumped but i'm wondering if you put a "time limit" on the bookings. Did they have to be booked within 3 months? 6 months? I'm tempted to do this but I am really wanting bookings for December - February right now....

The time limit I give is 6 months, since that is the PC deadline for getting the booking benefit, but if you have a personal goal then make up your own deadline! What's great about this idea is everyone can make it their own and do what they want. Give it a try!

1. What is the incentive for booking a Pampered Chef party?

The incentive for booking a Pampered Chef party is a colorful lei that the host can wear during the party, and a free rub for each guest who books a party with a set date on the consultant's calendar before leaving the show.

2. How many people need to book a party for the host to receive an additional incentive?

If the host gets three people to book a party, they will receive a large round pizza stone as an additional incentive when the last party is closed.

3. Is there a limit to how many parties can be booked at one Pampered Chef party?

There is no limit to the number of parties that can be booked at one Pampered Chef party. The more parties booked, the more incentives the host can receive.

4. What types of products are typically sold at Pampered Chef parties?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools, cookware, and cutlery. However, the order mentioned in the question had no cookware or forged cutlery, showing that there is a wide range of products available for purchase.

5. Can guests place orders for Pampered Chef products at the party?

Yes, guests can place orders for Pampered Chef products at the party. The order mentioned in the question was for $509.00, showing that guests can purchase multiple products at one party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
aried
  • cheflorraine