• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Personal Incentives: Achieving Goals Beyond Just Money

In summary, Kris is having trouble meeting her goals, but has come up with a plan to motivate herself by breaking her goals down into more manageable tasks. Amanda has also been struggling to meet her goals, but has found inspiration in Kris' strategy of setting broad, aspirational goals, and breaking them down into more specific tasks.
pchefinski
I've been having a hard time motivating myself to meet my "goals".. I mean, I did HAVE goals.. "I want $300 in extra money.. we could use that for budget help, date nights, etc." Thats a good goal, don't get me wrong. But it just wasn't cutting it for me. At least that's the revelation I had today. Instead of setting my goal as "earn $300 extra money in August", I split my goals into what I'd do with each show's $100 commission (my show average has been $500).

1) part-time in-home daycare for 2 year old son: with this I can do PC related business, run errands, clean my house, or take a nap! -- it's ME TIME! (cost: $80/month + $20 gas for travel)
2) supplies/advertising for the month
3) fun money for family (dates with hubby, pool days with 3 of us, occasional pizza for dinner, etc)
4) extra necessities fund: doctors appointments/prescriptions, car maintenance, haircuts, glasses, etc.
5) me and hubby fun money: hubby -- video games, me -- nails/hair/clothes/etc.
6) paying off debt/adding to savings

and on and on.. now I can see how many shows I'll need to hold (at $500 minimum) to attain each of these wants/needs that I have. Some months may be different -- Christmas, birthdays, anniversary, vacations, etc.. But overall, I've given myself a "visual" of how important each of my shows is to my overall goal, and when I put a value on my shows, just as the host puts on her shows, I'll certainly try harder and reach farther.

Amanda,

That is the best way to list IMO. I have a list just like that sitting on my wall at home next to my computer. I am out of town right now(I know I am bad, on chef success), and my aunt went to go get a pedicure. I wanted to go, but next extra $$. So I decided that if I recruited 2 more consultants that want to at least 3 shows a month, with the overides that I earn from their sales I can pamper myself twice a month w/o my 2 year old. Yeah!

Here's to your goals and goodluck, I know you can do it. :)

Amanda C -
Congrats on setting goals for youself! Those great instead of generic, broad goals! I need to do that myself.

Amanda, you have inspired me to do that for myself. Write down those things specifically WHAT to do when you make that money.
Thanks!

Kris

Me too! I'm great at long term goals...where I want to be in 5 years, but it is so far away and such a huge goal that I'm not sure what to do next. I need to find concrete goals that will get me where I want to be in 5 years, but will also get me what I want this month.

I also set goals for myself like "book 3 shows for next month" or "talk to 1 person about becoming a consultant". These little goals help your business grow and keeps those checks coming.

Although, I am not doing so well for August with my goals. Only 2 shows and no prospects at this point. I'll keep making the calls, tho.

I heard on a audio CD to go through your consultant planner and write the number of shows you want wach month at the top of the month in big marker. I also fill out the goals in the left column in the planner. It really helps me see in one place the next three months of specials are, how many shows I am trying to hold each month, and any incentives in any given month.

Wow! I love your ideas girls! Right now I put away 20% of my check for taxes (just in case we end up owing in) then I give my business what ever supplies I need or just want then I pay down my credit card as much as I can while still giving myself a "buffer" in my checking account--right now that 2200.00 credit card debt is all I'm thinking about.....after that... well, I'm sure I'll have that figured out by the time I pay off the card. :) My goal is to do 4 kitchen shows a month with 2 catalogs if I can get them. I really like the idea of writing down on the top of your planner how many shows you want to do! That I will start today!

1. What are some examples of personal incentives besides money?

Personal incentives can include things like recognition, career advancement opportunities, flexible work arrangements, additional time off, and access to training and development programs.

2. How can I set goals that go beyond just monetary rewards?

Start by identifying your personal values and what truly motivates you. Then, set specific and measurable goals that align with those values. For example, if personal growth is important to you, you may set a goal to complete a certain number of professional development courses each year.

3. What are some tips for staying motivated when working towards non-monetary incentives?

One tip is to regularly track your progress and celebrate small wins along the way. It can also be helpful to find an accountability partner or join a support group to stay motivated and on track. Additionally, remind yourself of the bigger picture and how achieving these goals will benefit you in the long run.

4. How can I communicate my personal incentives to my employer?

Be open and honest with your employer about what motivates you and what you hope to achieve beyond just a paycheck. This can be done during performance evaluations, one-on-one meetings, or by submitting a proposal outlining your personal incentives and how they align with the company's goals.

5. Are there any potential downsides to focusing on personal incentives?

While personal incentives can be a great way to stay motivated and achieve personal growth, it's important to also consider the impact on your work-life balance and overall well-being. Make sure to set realistic goals and boundaries, and don't sacrifice your mental and physical health for the sake of achieving personal incentives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
Replies
Views
ragschef