• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Hosting Success: Tips for Dealing with Busy Hosts

In summary, the conversation discusses a host who is very busy and didn't need much coaching for her show. Despite initial concerns, the show turned out to be successful with over $700 in sales and a booking for the following month. The host finally confirmed the show the night before and expects 15 guests with the potential for more outside orders. The person concludes by reminding themselves to be patient with hosts and to keep in touch with them even if they don't seem to need much help.
ivykeep
Gold Member
I had a show in March that I had a hard time catching up with the host to confirm the show and was worried it wasn't going to happen (which I'd have been upset about since I was leaving one of my sister's bridal events early to do the show). It turned out the host is just very busy and didn't want/need a lot of host coaching (she has shows with different companies all the time). It was a great show (over $700) and I got another booking for this weekend off of it. When we closed her show, she booked a catalog show for April because she wanted the April host benefits and ended up submitting a $300 catalog show on April 30th (again I couldn't reach her before she closed to check in with her and she doesn't want to use my PWS for orders).

I was getting a little worried about my show this weekend, show is Sunday and as of last night still hadn't connected with the host to confirm (and we'd played phone and email tag for 2 weeks about the invitations). I have a 12 person show on Saturday (which will be my largest guest show so far) that is 3 hours from my house (at the beach) and I was invited to stay the weekend for that show (my mil's boyfriends family house) but this host could ONLY do this Sunday so I booked the show instead of staying at the beach (will do a drive down, drive back on Saturday) -- so again getting nervous about the show not happening because if it isn't I have other plans I can do (and enjoy).

Host finally emailed me her recipe selections at 1 am last night (I was still up and had literally just emailed her another email that crossed with hers in cyberspace). She tells me she hopes she will have a good show (it's her first ever) and she's sorry she didn't call me when she said she would but things had been crazy for her -- she will ONLY have 15 guests at her show (I need to make some extra lapboards today but expects to have 10-15 outside orders. It could wind up my biggest show (and definitely weekend to date!!)

Wow! Just reminds me that I have to be patient with my hosts -- they all have their own lives and priorities, and to not get too nervous. I'm very glad I didn't jump the gun and give any indication that I was worried about the shows -- now we just have excitement for the shows.

Congrats! I hope it goes well for you. It's true, sometimes they don't need us as much and will contact us. It's good to keep up with them though b/c sometimes they DO need our help. It's a reminder that when we promise to do something for others that it's always good to update them so they know we haven't forgotten. That's what I would say/email my host. "Just email quickly so that I know that you don't need anything from me." Good luck this weekend!! Have fun!

Wow! Hope it turns out wonderful!! Sounds like she is off to a fantastic start!!

Wow that is great. A good reminder to us all.

Dear host,Thank you for sharing your experience with your recent show. It sounds like you had some challenges with communication and scheduling, but I'm so glad everything worked out in the end! It's always great to see a show turn out to be a success, especially when we have a bit of uncertainty leading up to it.I completely understand the importance of host coaching and communication, but it's also important for us as consultants to be patient and understanding with our hosts. As you mentioned, they have their own busy lives and priorities, and sometimes things can get in the way of our show planning. But it's always worth the wait when we see the results of a successful show like yours.I'm also thrilled to hear that you were able to get another booking and a catalog show from this host. It just goes to show that even when things don't go exactly as planned, we can still have a positive outcome.I wish you all the best for your upcoming shows and I hope they are just as successful as this one. Keep up the great work and thank you for being a wonderful host!

What are some tips for dealing with busy hosts?

1. Offer to help: One of the best ways to support a busy host is by offering to help with tasks such as setting up or cleaning up after the party. This will take some of the pressure off of them and allow them to focus on being a great host.

2. Communicate effectively: Make sure to regularly communicate with your host about the party details and any updates. This will help them feel more organized and in control of the event.

3. Be flexible: Understand that your host may have a busy schedule and be willing to work around their availability. Offer different party options, such as a virtual party, to accommodate their schedule.

4. Provide support materials: Give your host materials such as invitations, catalogs, and order forms to make their job easier. This will save them time and effort in promoting the party.

5. Show appreciation: Remember to thank your host for their hard work and efforts in hosting the party. A small gift or handwritten thank-you note can go a long way in showing your appreciation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • MaryannNic