• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Past Host Benefits: How to Ensure a Successful Show

In summary, the conversation revolved around the past host booking benefit and the concern that the upcoming show may not hold. The person tried to subtly hint to the past host about the show, but the past host did not seem to understand. There was also discussion about involving the past host to help ensure the show holds, but some believed it is not their responsibility. The person also mentioned difficulties in reaching the host and concerns about the weather and other personal issues affecting their ability to host the show.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
Has anyone come out and said to the past host "please help this show hold so you get your past host booking benefit?" I e-mailed the past host to see if she was attending the show on Sat. b/c I'm having a hard time reaching the host and think it's not happening. I was trying to be subtle and not show that I'm worried the show isn't happening. She didn't know anything about the show but thought that maybe the host wasn't inviting people from work. I then replied with my thought that no one had been invited and something along the lines of "when/if she has her show, you'll get that month's host special" and all she said was thank-you. Obviously she didn't get my hint to actually say something to the host.

The past host booking benefit is not much of a benefit if the show doesn't hold.

She may not really care about the booking benefit. I don't think I would involve the past host honestly, its not there job to make sure the bookings hold, imo.

PCMomto4 said:
She may not really care about the booking benefit. I don't think I would involve the past host honestly, its not there job to make sure the bookings hold, imo.

I agree. It's on you and the host to have the show "stick". Good luck!! :)

Actually its a great booking tool to get the past host excited to help her friends shows hold,etc. However, if she indeed is a coworker she might not know her that well to think about contacting her. Hope your show holds!

Maybe instead of trying to get the past host to assist with the new host, why not be sure to nicely remind the new host that her Past Host/Friend will be able to get her additional benefit.Not sure how to word it right now....but maybe she'll keep the show so her friend isn't disappointed either. Just a note- even if the show does reschedule, as long as it is within 6 months of the original show, the Past Host can still get the booking benefit. I know that doesn't help you much though with sales THIS month for double-points and such.
Good luck

I'm not looking for the past host to make the show hold. Sometimes the past host is helpful in a fact-finding way, esp. to see if the invites have gone out, when you can't get ahold of the host, which is what is going on now.

Becca, did you make "the call"? The one where you call and leave a message that you WILL be there at such and such a time to set up and how happy you are about doing her party? That may get a result for you.

Yup John, I did the call last night for a Sat. show. Did the "I assume you have at least 5 people coming. I'll be there at x time. If I don't hear from you by noon on Fri. I'll pick the recipe. Feel free to leave me a message in the AM with your recipe choice." Her home voicemail box has been full for a while. I've been leaving messages on her cell phone. It's a bit of a drive for me. I'm calling tonight to leave a message that I'm sure she wants it to be a success and since I haven't heard from her to work together to make it a success, it will be best to look for another time, etc. No more date without a guest list in hand.

Her husband has been traveling with work and we've had a ton of snow which has really disrupted schools, work, traffic, parking etc. And some other things going on in my personal life are making it hard for me to just let things roll off my shoulders right now.

Becca_in_MD said:
Yup John, I did the call last night for a Sat. show. Did the "I assume you have at least 5 people coming. I'll be there at x time. If I don't hear from you by noon on Fri. I'll pick the recipe. Feel free to leave me a message in the AM with your recipe choice." Her home voicemail box has been full for a while. I've been leaving messages on her cell phone. It's a bit of a drive for me. I'm calling tonight to leave a message that I'm sure she wants it to be a success and since I haven't heard from her to work together to make it a success, it will be best to look for another time, etc. No more date without a guest list in hand.

Her husband has been traveling with work and we've had a ton of snow which has really disrupted schools, work, traffic, parking etc. And some other things going on in my personal life are making it hard for me to just let things roll off my shoulders right now.

I think if you've done all that, then it might be time to just check with the past host - assuming the past host is a friend of hers - because maybe there is something in her life that is keeping her from responding. If there is a major illness in the family, etc....the last thing she might be thinking about is calling the PC lady....

I've contacted the past host if I just can't seem to get hold of the new host. Like others have mentioned, I simply say that I'm having trouble getting hold of the host and want to make sure that my information is correct. Responses have ranged from, "Oh, she never returns calls," to, "She moved," to "They've had a death in the family." At least then I know why I'm having trouble.

Then Becca you did everything you could. I know how trying it can be at times dealing with life and your business. I think what you said in your message to her about another time is perfect. You let yourself off the hook and you left it open for her. And that is true of every host we can not get a hold of. You just never know what is happening in their life so... All you can do is make peace with it and move on.

Thanks for your support John. Now both of her home and cell phone voicemail boxes are full. I'm writing it off as too much going on in her life. Even though my last message said I'd show up this afternoon, it's too far of a drive and I seriously doubt that anyone will be there and I have no way of knowing if she's even listened to any of the messages. So if I end up looking bad by not showing up, so be it.

I hate it when hosts leave you hanging! Ugh. Sorry chica! I just wish they'd answer and let you know what is going on.

I really never understand why Hosts don't call back. I understand when things are "happening in their lives" but at least take a minute or two to either respond by email, voicemail, or FB! I had a lady who left me an email saying she needed to reschedule her January Show. I have made 10 phone calls to her and sent 5 emails for a new date. I found her on FB quite by accident. Seems on there she posted that they were having "a lovely family vacation in VT" the weekend she had scheduled her show. Fine...but at least tell me that! Don't say, "We are having some family issues and I need to reschedule"! Makes me feel like she lied to me!

1. How do I become a host for a "Blunt With Past Host" party?

To become a host for a "Blunt With Past Host" party, you can reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or go to our website to find a consultant near you. They will help you choose a date and time for your party and provide you with all the necessary information to get started.

2. Can I choose the theme for my "Blunt With Past Host" party?

Yes, you can choose the theme for your "Blunt With Past Host" party. Our consultants will work with you to customize the party based on your preferences and interests. You can also choose from a variety of themes such as cooking, baking, or grilling.

3. How many guests can I invite to my "Blunt With Past Host" party?

There is no limit to the number of guests you can invite to your "Blunt With Past Host" party. However, a smaller group of 8-10 guests is recommended to ensure that everyone has a chance to participate and have a personalized experience.

4. What are the benefits of hosting a "Blunt With Past Host" party?

Hosting a "Blunt With Past Host" party comes with many benefits such as earning free products, exclusive discounts, and the opportunity to try out new products. You also get to spend quality time with your friends and family while learning new cooking techniques and recipes.

5. Can I host a "Blunt With Past Host" party if I have never hosted a Pampered Chef party before?

Absolutely! Our "Blunt With Past Host" parties are perfect for first-time hosts. Our consultants will guide you through the process and provide you with all the necessary resources to make your party a success. It's a fun and easy way to introduce your friends and family to Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• allisonw
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies