• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing Host Guest Lists: What to Do When They're Late

In summary, tell your guests that you need the list back within a couple of days to "lock in" their show date, and set a due date.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
For those who send out the invites for your hosts, what to do you do to get the guest lists back in a timely matter? I have three shows right now, one just sent me the guest list last week after almost 3-4 weeks since the show she booked from. The other two are MIA. One show is two weeks from Tuesday so I'm calling her tomorrow if I don't get the guest list in the mail (I sent a reminder post card last week with important key dates on it) and the other isn't until the end of May. I told all of them I needed it back within a couple days to "lock" in their show date but apparently that and the host letter provided that restates that fact didn't sink in. What should I do differently?

I give a due date. I'm also flexible, I mean, life happens sometimes. But I tell them that it's important to get it in by the due date to 'lock in' their date, otherwise it's up to my discretion to open it up to a host that's motivated enough to get me their list. Well, I say it nicer than that sounded typed out. LOLI've found saying "a couple of days" does NOT work. Set a date like "by next Friday" or "By the 3rd" and why... "so that gives us time to get out invites and have folks mark their calendars"... so far my hosts have respected the due date.

lkprescott said:
I give a due date. I'm also flexible, I mean, life happens sometimes. But I tell them that it's important to get it in by the due date to 'lock in' their date, otherwise it's up to my discretion to open it up to a host that's motivated enough to get me their list. Well, I say it nicer than that sounded typed out. LOL

I've found saying "a couple of days" does NOT work. Set a date like "by next Friday" or "By the 3rd" and why... "so that gives us time to get out invites and have folks mark their calendars"... so far my hosts have respected the due date.

DITTO.....I call them the day before it is due to me as a reminder. I send them out 10 days to 2 weeks before their show, so it usually coincides with the 2nd host coaching call.

BTW, it's not perfect... I have a very busy friend who is 'still working on it' and I'll keep nudging her that she's past her due date and remind her that if someone else comes up and wants it, it's not secure for her til I get that list. She also does not receive her hosts package without that list... I'm not about pressure, however I am about valuing my time and helps give me a sense of really knowing what's going on instead of having a bunch of 'maybe' type stuff out there..

Amen, Sister!

Sounds great, I like giving them a specific time to get it back to me. I just started doing this at the beginning of March so I'm working on it!

1. How do I handle guests who arrive late to my Pampered Chef party?

It's important to remain calm and welcoming when guests arrive late to your party. Greet them with a smile and let them know that you are happy they could make it. Offer them a seat and catch them up on any activities or demonstrations they may have missed. Be sure to also give them a rundown of the current specials and deals.

2. What if a guest RSVPs for the party but doesn't show up?

If a guest has RSVPed for your party but doesn't show up, it's important to follow up with them. They may have had an emergency or forgot about the party. Reach out to them and see if they would like to reschedule or if they are interested in placing an order. This will also give you an opportunity to update your guest list for any future events.

3. Can I add or remove guests from my party guest list?

Yes, you have the flexibility to add or remove guests from your party guest list. If you have a guest who wants to bring a friend or family member, be sure to check with the host first to make sure there is enough space and supplies for additional guests. If a guest needs to cancel, be sure to update your guest list and let the host know so they can adjust any food or seating arrangements.

4. How do I keep track of my guest list and RSVPs?

It's important to keep track of your guest list and RSVPs to ensure a successful party. Pampered Chef provides a guest list template for you to use, or you can create your own using a spreadsheet or online tool. Be sure to update it as you receive RSVPs and confirmations, and use it to send reminders and follow-ups to your guests.

5. What should I do if a guest brings someone who wasn't on the guest list?

If a guest brings someone who wasn't on the guest list, it's important to handle the situation with grace. Invite the additional guest to join the party and make them feel welcome. However, it's also important to communicate with the host and make sure there is enough space and supplies for the unexpected guest. If necessary, you can offer to schedule a separate party for the additional guest at a later date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Teresa LM
Replies
Views
Staci
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jcsmilez