• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Strides: Get Involved with Your Local ACS

In summary, Making Strides is a fundraising event organized by the American Cancer Society to raise money and awareness for breast cancer research and support services. It takes place in various cities across the United States during October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. To get involved, you can sign up to participate in a walk, join a team, or donate to the cause. To register for a walk, visit the ACS website and create a personal fundraising page. You can also form a team and invite others to join you. All the money raised goes towards funding research, support services, and promoting early detection and prevention of breast cancer.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
FYI - I have been in contact with our local ACS. We had the first meeting on getting the Making Strides walk together. I booked two fundraisers and am oon the entertainment committee. Get in contact with your local ACS office through cancer.org!

Hey!!! There you are! I was just thinking about you today and was going to PM/email to see how you were. How are things going?

I am just wondering how did you approach them, did you take any material with you? I am think of getting on contact with my local branch as well.

Last year I called them to see if I could come to the Relay kick-off to discuss fundraising opportunities. Because of that, I was invited to this year's kick-off. Then I talked with the person in charge of strides and said I was interested in helping as well as doing fundraisers for strides participants. I am now a volunteer, so I have my feet in the door!

Katie - I'm doing okay. Mom is having a hard time with having a hard time about losing her hair. Thanks for asking!

What is Making Strides and how can I get involved?

Making Strides is a fundraising event organized by the American Cancer Society (ACS) to raise money and awareness for breast cancer research and support services. You can get involved by signing up to participate in a walk, joining a team, or donating to the cause.

When and where does Making Strides take place?

Making Strides events take place in various cities across the United States during the month of October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You can find a walk near you by visiting the ACS website and searching for events in your local area.

How do I register for a Making Strides walk?

To register for a Making Strides walk, visit the ACS website and search for the event in your area. From there, you can create a personal fundraising page and invite friends and family to join you in the walk.

Can I form a team for Making Strides?

Yes, you can form a team for Making Strides and invite your friends, family, and coworkers to join you. Teams can be any size and can have their own team name and fundraising goal. This is a great way to show support and make a bigger impact together.

How does the money raised through Making Strides benefit the fight against breast cancer?

All the money raised through Making Strides goes towards funding breast cancer research, providing support services for those affected by the disease, and promoting early detection and prevention. By participating in Making Strides, you are helping to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tys1031
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tys1031
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • husbandwifepcteam