• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Class with Pampered Chef to Support Local Fire Dept?

In summary, the local fire department is considering charging $5 to attend a Pampered Chef cooking class. The fee would be in addition to the percentage of the fundraiser that the department receives. Rae thinks that it would be ok, but wants feedback. She is considering splitting the class into groups and having one person from each group prepare the receipe with her guidance.
RCKmom
I have been in touch with my local fire department on doing a fundraiser for them. The contact person ask me today if she could advertise it as a Cooking Class by Pampered Chef and charge $5 to attend the class? The $5 would be extra money for the department on top of the fundraiser percentage. My question is....do you think the $5 charge would take away from people buying from me? I don't see a problem as advertising this way and the department making a little extra money. We live in a small community, so I know every little bit helps them, but do you guys think that it would decrease my sales too much? I told my contact person that I would get back in touch with her....I wanted to ask some seasoned consultants first. Thanks in advance for your input!!:)

Nothing wrong with that at all. I don't think anyone would balk at a $5 donation to attend.

I agree with Rae - $5 is a minimal fee...the Local Grocery Store here has cooking classes that range in price from $40-$60 per session.

I think it would be ok, but it puts a bit more pressure on you to make it a good recipe and something will feel it worth it. It is for a good cause though, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

Thanks for the input....I felt that it would be ok, but wanted some feedback too. Now the question is......would you do it like a normal cooking show or what? I am thinking that I probally need to split people up into groups and have them pretty much prepare the receipe with my guidance. The contact has already requested the fajitas in the DCB. I could also do a trifle and a dessert in the baker. That would give me three groups to split into. It can all be prepared at the same time with me going between the groups. What do you think???

1. Can anyone attend the cooking class?

Yes, anyone can attend the cooking class. It is open to the public and all are welcome to come and support the local fire department.

2. What will be taught in the cooking class?

The cooking class will feature a variety of recipes and cooking techniques using Pampered Chef products. The exact menu will be determined by the consultant hosting the class.

3. How much does the cooking class cost?

The cost of the cooking class will vary depending on the consultant and the menu. However, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the local fire department.

4. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products at the cooking class?

Yes, there will be a selection of Pampered Chef products available for purchase at the cooking class. A portion of the sales will also be donated to the local fire department.

5. Can I make a donation to the local fire department without attending the cooking class?

Yes, you can make a donation directly to the local fire department even if you are unable to attend the cooking class. Contact the consultant hosting the class for more information on how to make a donation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • PChef_ang
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • loreo