• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Littls Seasoning Packets for Open House

(I know I have seen it on other threads quite a while ago but since this is new - maybe someone can fill me in)Walmart sells the mini bags in their crafts section.If you have tall smaller bags, you can put in the seasoning, fold over a few times, take a piece of cardstock (I like the ones that come in a scrap bag at WalMart or Michaels - precut!) and fold it over - staple once in the middle or twice evenly spaced if your bag is bigger than mine! I put a label over the front with information about the spice, and a label over the staples on the back that has my contact information. I have used smaller pieces of cardstock glued
redsoxgirl
So I'm planning on making little seasoning packets for the OH I'm having on 8/16. I've got Dill at home and smoe others coming this week.

The little bags I have don't zip. Will it be ok to staple them do you think? Or should I try tape?

Any suggestion on what I should put on the label I'm going to make?

redsoxgirl said:
So I'm planning on making little seasoning packets for the OH I'm having on 8/16. I've got Dill at home and smoe others coming this week.

The little bags I have don't zip. Will it be ok to staple them do you think? Or should I try tape?

Any suggestion on what I should put on the label I'm going to make?

I think that stapling the bags or taping them would look tacky and unprofessional. Personally, I'd make a trip to the store and get some small ziplock bags. Or, you could perhaps tie them with ribbon, but that would probably take too long and might be tedious. Yep, I'd be getting myself to the store. Some things, in my opinion, are just worth it.

I looked for small candy-sized zip bags before and didn't find them - that's why I bought these.
I don't think I like the look of the snack-zip bags, but maybe that would work best.

Anyone know where I can find zipped candy sized bags (3"3" or so)?

redsoxgirl said:
I looked for small candy-sized zip bags before and didn't find them - that's why I bought these.
I don't think I like the look of the snack-zip bags, but maybe that would work best.

Anyone know where I can find zipped candy sized bags (3"3" or so)?

Do you have a Hobby Lobby or Michaels close by? Try there.

We've got Michael's. I think I cheched there ebfore, but I can always use an excuse to go there :D

I have some 3x3's and I just pm'd you.

redsoxgirl said:
We've got Michael's. I think I cheched there ebfore, but I can always use an excuse to go there :D

There are sold by the beads and jewelry making stuff!

How about your business card as a "label?"

I got mine at Micheal's. Although I haven't made any sample packs yet. It is on my list of things to do.

Jenni said:
There are sold by the beads and jewelry making stuff!

That's my problem! I looked near the candy stuff!

stacywhitlow said:
I got mine at Micheal's. Although I haven't made any sample packs yet. It is on my list of things to do.

Yeah, Michaels has lots of small/tiny bags that work great for this.

I hate to see you have to waste the ones you already have though. I have seen bags like this stapled or taped and as long as you are very careful and neat it would work just fine. I have also seen people use the label to close the bag.

On the label: I would put the name of the spice and if you have room the main ingredients (especially those that someone might be allergic to) and then "To reorder contact" and your info.

I think putting the dill in the snack sized bags would make it look like a certain illeagal substance. I don't think I'd go there unless you'd like a good laugh!

buckeyefan08 said:
I think putting the dill in the snack sized bags would make it look like a certain illeagal substance. I don't think I'd go there unless you'd like a good laugh!

HAHAHAH!!! :eek:

redsoxgirl said:
That's my problem! I looked near the candy stuff!

I got 200 bags for less the $2.00

What are you going to put on the bags? I bought some of the business card size A Gift For You cards from Merrell at conference and planned on making a label to go on the back with a recipe.

I am curious of what you all have done.... (I know I have seen it on other threads quite a while ago but since this is new - maybe someone can fill me in)

Walmart sells the mini bags in their crafts section.

If you have tall smaller bags, you can put in the seasoning, fold over a few times, take a piece of cardstock (I like the ones that come in a scrap bag at WalMart or Michaels - precut!) and fold it over - staple once in the middle or twice evenly spaced if your bag is bigger than mine! I put a label over the front with information about the spice, and a label over the staples on the back that has my contact information. I have used smaller pieces of cardstock glued over the staples front and back before, but that's too time consuming and the labels look really good. I used different colors of cardstock for the different seasonings so that I could tell them apart at a glance and figure out which was going faster, what needed replenishing, etc (I used them in my "pick" basket, and usually just put one or two of each seasoning).Depending on how many you are planning on distributing and how much you wanted to put into it, you could twist the top and use a mini-twixit.Simply stapling could look tacky and unprofessional, I agree, but even at Michaels I couldn't find small enough zip bags that they didn't look really cheap. I wish I had some pictures to share.

1. How many seasoning packets can I make with one Pampered Chef seasoning mix?

One Pampered Chef seasoning mix can make approximately 10-12 seasoning packets.

2. Can I customize the ingredients in the seasoning packets for my open house?

Yes, the Pampered Chef seasoning mixes are designed to be versatile and allow for customization. You can add or remove ingredients to suit your preferences and dietary restrictions.

3. How far in advance can I make the seasoning packets for my open house?

We recommend making the seasoning packets no more than 1-2 days in advance to ensure freshness. However, they can be made up to a week in advance and stored in an airtight container.

4. Can I use the seasoning packets for dishes other than Pampered Chef recipes?

Yes, the seasoning packets can be used for any dish that calls for similar ingredients. They are a convenient and flavorful way to add a burst of flavor to any meal.

5. Are there any special storage instructions for the seasoning packets?

The seasoning packets should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. They can also be stored in the refrigerator for longer shelf life. Be sure to label and date the packets for easy identification.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • StacieB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies