• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Bookings Calls This Weekend...

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of making business calls on holidays. Some suggested that it would be okay to call on Saturdays, but not on Sundays. Others mentioned that it is important to ask if it is a good time to call and respect people's family time. Some also shared their experiences of finding it hard to buy Easter supplies at Walmart and the importance of buying them on clearance after the holiday. There was also a brief mention of someone signing up as a consultant on Easter. Finally, there was some discussion about the legality of making business calls on holidays, with some stating that it is not illegal as long as it is not a telemarketing call.
pchefkristin
I have some time for myself tomorrow, and am determined to get a few shows on my calendar. Would it be OK to call on a holiday weekend you think? I hate to interupt anyones family time... what do you all think?

I think Saturday is fair game. I always ask if I caught them at a good time. So just ask and if they say no, ask when would be better and then you can try them again later!

I say just be ready to get alot of answering machines. However, some people will be home. The earlier you can call the better to reach people.

Good Luck!

I agree with the others- I think Saturday is good, but not Sunday. And be sure to ask if this is a good time when you call so they know you realize their time is precious (people love that!).

If I were to get a call from a DS person on Sunday - I would simply remind them "It's Easter - go spend it with your family".... I would not dream of calling somone on a holiday.

I also agree you will probably get a lot of answering machines on Saturday as everyone is at WalMart gettting their children's basket goodies...

My .02

I don't know about everyone elses Walmart, but mine was WIPED OUT last night! I needed cheap crap for my kid's baskets, candy, and plastic fillable eggs. I only left with candy because they didn't even have the eggs! I need to go out tomorrow to find some eggs!!

gilliandanielle said:
I don't know about everyone elses Walmart, but mine was WIPED OUT last night! I needed cheap crap for my kid's baskets, candy, and plastic fillable eggs. I only left with candy because they didn't even have the eggs! I need to go out tomorrow to find some eggs!!

Gillian that's why you have to buy the year before when everything goes on clearance for 80% off... I may have tons of rubbermaid storage bins in my basement but man I have decorations and ideas and presents for any holiday and you can bet I didn't pay over a few dollars for them! :D

GourmetGirl said:
Gillian that's why you have to buy the year before when everything goes on clearance for 80% off... I may have tons of rubbermaid storage bins in my basement but man I have decorations and ideas and presents for any holiday and you can bet I didn't pay over a few dollars for them! :D

Yep - I do that...have all the stuff - but can't ever find it until the holdiay is over, and I've had to go out and purchase full price!:eek:

Thurs. I had a show & DH had to work late - so we had a sitter. DH came home to find the Easter Basket grass strewn from one end of the house to the other.....now I have to go find more grass.:(

Not everyone celebrates Easter.

dannyzmom said:
Not everyone celebrates Easter.
So true, but unless you know for a fact that they do not I would still hesitate to call them on a widely observed holiday. I rarely make biz calls on Sunday anyhow, for too many people it's a family day and I don't want to intrude on them. I try to stay away from calling on other widely observed non-christian holidays for the same reason. If I don't know the person very vell I will only call weekday evenings.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yep - I do that...have all the stuff - but can't ever find it until the holdiay is over, and I've had to go out and purchase full price!:eek:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that does that! We moved in December and I still don't know where everything is! Thank goodness I DID find the Easter baskets!! :)

I have make calls late on Easter evening 7-8 PM in years before and it was fine as long as you ask if it is a good time. Not this year though I made them early Finally thinking ahead.

Not that I would EVER call on Easter or a major Holiday but when you called on Easter evening then did you have any luck?

BTW,
I have someone signing up TODAY!!! YES, on Easter!!! Sometime tonight after 4pm. Keep your fingers crossed! Been talking with her for a while. YEEHAW!!!

Ya'll..I posted another thread about making sunday calls...it's illegal.

Good luck with your new recruit!

Hope ya'll have a wonderful easter!

A little late but yes I booked shows and made my follow up calls no problems!

How is it illegal. It is not a telemarketing call....?????????/

Its not illegal. We are not debt collectors or telemarketers cold calling.

trps said:
A little late but yes I booked shows and made my follow up calls no problems!

How is it illegal. It is not a telemarketing call....?????????/

It's not illegal - that was misinformation.

Please stop telling people my thread was misinformation.

If you are making calls to get business and/or Book a show and for no other reason...this is a sales call as DEFINED by the FCC.
It just depends on your state as to what is legal and what is not. There's no room for interpretation in the law, I'm sorry.

Deanna, if it was against the law, the PC legal department would have alerted us to it. WE DO NOT MAKE SALES CALLS. We offer our services and opportunities to people, we make customer care calls to thank them for ordering and help them with the products in their kitchen.

If you see it differently, then run your business differently. Just please stop telling everyone here that they are breaking the law. If you have questions and need an interpretation, I would suggest you email the HO and get an opinion on it.

Related to Making Bookings Calls This Weekend...

1. How do I prepare for making booking calls this weekend?

To prepare for making booking calls this weekend, make sure to have your customer list ready, review any new products or promotions, and have your calendar available to schedule appointments.

2. What is the best time to make booking calls?

The best time to make booking calls is during the evenings, when most people are home from work and have time to talk. However, it's important to also consider your target audience and their schedules. For example, if you are targeting stay-at-home parents, daytime may be a better time to call.

3. What should I say when making a booking call?

When making a booking call, it's important to introduce yourself and your company, mention any new products or promotions, and ask if the customer would be interested in hosting a party or placing an order. Be sure to also mention the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and discounts.

4. How do I handle objections during a booking call?

The key to handling objections during a booking call is to listen to the customer's concerns and address them with empathy. Offer solutions, such as alternative dates for hosting a party or a virtual party option. If the customer is not interested in hosting, thank them for their time and ask if they would like to place an order.

5. How many booking calls should I make this weekend?

The number of booking calls you make this weekend will depend on your goals and availability. It's important to set realistic goals and prioritize your time. Aim to make at least 20-30 calls and keep track of your results to improve for future booking calls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • twinchefs
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • sarahsellcm