• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Sunday Evenings the Best Time for Making Calls?

In summary, Tracy finds it difficult to make calls during the week because of her job, commute, and family obligations, but she has more success making calls on the weekends.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Sometimes I have better luck getting a hold of people during the week, but I have a tough time getting to actually make the calls (9 to 5 job, 40 minute commute, dinner) because I feel its too late to call people. So, I was wondering, do you have any luck making calls on the weekend?

I chose other b/c I do a combination. I make most of my calls on Sunday evenings & Wednesday evenings. I don't like to call after 8:30 unless someone asks me too. Even though I don't work outside the home, I find it difficult to make calls as well. Usually b/c I'm calling people who do have the 9-5 job, commute & dinner. My best time to catch people is between 7:30 & 8:30. Like I said though, I've had great success calling on Sunday evenings. People are usually winding down from the weekend & getting back into the work mode for the next day. I don't really feel as though I'm taking away from them.

I don't have much luck calling on the weekends...in fact, I just called 3 of my Feb. hosts a little while ago (Sat. afternoon) and of course no one was home. I usually call in the evening, after supper, on weeknights. I seem to have better luck reaching people that way.

Well, Today I have actually had alot of luck getting ahold of people....but we are under a blizzard warning, and my show got cancelled because of the weather....I think everyone is pretty much at home today! The mailman just barely made it down our street just now!

I work 730am - 4/5pm during the week and my husband leaves for work between 6-7pm. I also have 2 teenagers that have basketball practice in the evenings and a 3 yr old to give baths and bedtime, so by the time I can call anyone it is either 11pm or the weekend :rolleyes: .

I have made calls at 3am :eek: (not kidding!! ), two of my host worked 3rd shift.

So, I have made calls in the evening while driving the kids to practice or during bathtime. I also have made calls on the weekend. My calls are usually not until 8-9 weekdays, and late afternoon or evening on the weekend. Both times have worked well for me so far.

I have only had one person I have not been able to reach, and I think they were ignoring me.

I usually call people between 1-3 pm, when my 2 yr old is napping and the 6 yr old is at school. I also do calls between 7-8:30pm during the week. Most of my hosts are stay at home moms so I know that I can call them during the day and generally be able to reach them. For those that I know work I call them in the evenings. The weekends is usually for family time unless I have a show.

Tracy

It's nice to know I'm not alone...I usually call weekdays between 9:30 - 11 when both my kids are in school.
I mostly call nights between 7:30-8:30. I find that mostly everyone is home... unless Suvivor, or Deal are on. :)

I personally think this is the hardest part of our job. My husband gets really mad when i try to do some calls on Sunday nights... but mostly that works too. Hey, gotta do (w/in reason) to make $$.:rolleyes:

I can't get ahold of anyone on weeknights or Sundays. I have found that for my customers at least I can get a lot of people on a Saturday afternoon. I call at naptime and most are home. The bad thing is that if I have a show then I miss out on making calls for a week. I can try other times, but it is pretty much a waste.

Sundays after church I can reach most people. I try to make calls everyday (but with my own household don't make it often). I try to work the phone between 7:30 and 8:30pm. I really don't feel comfortable calling people after 8:30pm unless they've asked me to.

It is the hardest part of our job. It sucks. After 3 1/2 years I still have to psych myself up to get on the phone.

Sunday nights. Everyone is home. It's my best night for calls.

I guess it just depends. I do a lot of calls on weekday evenings, but I don't call past 9. I do leave a lot of messages....
I usually don't make calls on the weekends until Sun evening; I do get people at home usually then. (except for tomorrow being superbowl, won't be calling then!)

For those of you who leave messages- do you ever get called back? I have NEVER gotten a return call!

I RARELY get return calls. I don't ask for them. It's my job to make the calls. My message says "if you need my number, it's xxx-xxx-xxxx. I'll try to reach you again in a few days. Hopefully we can connect soon. Again, this is Deb with the Pampered Chef."

That way if I call them back hopefully they don't feel like I'm being a pest.

I usually call between 6-8pm on a Tuesday or Thursday night. I seem to get a lot of response from that.

I had great luck today between 4-5:30! I made 8 calls, and I was very successful, I only had to leave 2 messages, so I found that Sat afternoon did work very well. Normally I make calls during the weeknights, between 7-8, and I usually am pretty successful with those too, although it is a challenge at times,by the time I get home for work,make dinner and get done by 7, but sometimes cleanup waits til after the calls are finished. I had to give up my Sunday night calls due to family committments, but soon I will be able to restart those up again, which as previously mentioned in others responses, this is alwlays a great time to get a hold of people, just don't call too late.

I actually started making calls on Saturday morning! And I reach at least 1/2 if not more of the people I call! I usually call between 9:30-11AM Saturday morning and it's been working out well. Maybe because people aren't expecting telemarketers at that time and will pick up the phone. Maybe, like me, most people TRY to get out of the house by mid-morning, but don't make it out until 11:30-12:00!

I usually make my calls around 6pm on the weekdays. I end up talking to at least 2-3 people.

I try to find out when people will be available but sometimes I don't get the chance. I try to call in the evenings from 7-8:30. I have a ton of followups I need to do but I have been swamped at my PT job and they have been scheduling me mostly nights - I just don't meet many people that are SAHM moms that I know of that are home during the day.

I have heard that Sunday evenings are really good but tonight might be a different story with the Super Bowl

Today is the 2nd anniversary of the day I met my hubby

http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/view/co_main.aspx?coupleid=3257102120016875

Message comment - If I am following up with someone after a show I will leave a message so at least they know I followed up if I misssed them I may not leave a message the next time or two that I call because I don't want to feel like that I come across as a stalker. l am having trouble following up with my bridal show people because of a very busy work schedule. I hope we hire someone soon. Anyone know someone in my area looking for a full time job that has some sport or nutrition background???

crystalscookingnow said:
I chose other b/c I do a combination. I make most of my calls on Sunday evenings & Wednesday evenings. I don't like to call after 8:30 unless someone asks me too. Even though I don't work outside the home, I find it difficult to make calls as well. Usually b/c I'm calling people who do have the 9-5 job, commute & dinner. My best time to catch people is between 7:30 & 8:30. Like I said though, I've had great success calling on Sunday evenings. People are usually winding down from the weekend & getting back into the work mode for the next day. I don't really feel as though I'm taking away from them.

I call between 7:15-8:30 too! After dinner for most, but before it's too late. I used to call Sunday evenings, but then started to have bad luck catching people. I call most of the time on Wednesday evenings for CCC. For the guests who are home during the day, I usually call during the kids' nap time (1:30-3). Although I've met a lot of 2nd shifters recently who I try to call between 10:30 & noon.

Kathytnt said:
I try to find out when people will be available but sometimes I don't get the chance. I try to call in the evenings from 7-8:30. I have a ton of followups I need to do but I have been swamped at my PT job and they have been scheduling me mostly nights - I just don't meet many people that are SAHM moms that I know of that are home during the day.

I have heard that Sunday evenings are really good but tonight might be a different story with the Super Bowl

Today is the 2nd anniversary of the day I met my hubby

http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/view/co_main.aspx?coupleid=3257102120016875

Congrats! I LOVE your page!

1. Can I make calls on the weekend as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the flexibility to make calls on the weekends. However, it is important to respect your clients' time and only call during reasonable hours.

2. Can I use my personal phone to make calls for Pampered Chef on the weekend?

Yes, you can use your personal phone to make calls for Pampered Chef on the weekends. However, it is recommended to use a separate business phone for professionalism and to keep your personal and work life separate.

3. Are there any specific strategies for making calls on the weekend for Pampered Chef?

Some tips for making calls on the weekend for Pampered Chef include targeting busy professionals who may not have time during the week, offering weekend-only specials or promotions, and setting a specific time frame for calls to avoid interrupting family time.

4. Do I need to follow any guidelines when making calls on the weekend for Pampered Chef?

Yes, it is important to follow the same guidelines for making calls on the weekend as you would during the week. This includes obtaining consent from clients before making calls, keeping track of call times and results, and maintaining a professional and courteous demeanor.

5. Can I make international calls on the weekend for Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can make international calls on the weekend for Pampered Chef. However, it is important to consider time differences and only make calls during reasonable hours in the recipient's time zone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rebajoe
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • Nep2nfly
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • TheFreddiesCook