• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Used Lapboards - Great Deals Await!

In summary, Wendy uses three ring binders and lapboards to hold orderforms, catalogs, and other promotional materials. She found them for sale at a discounted price and recommends getting them in August when school supplies are on sale.
WendyE
Looking to purchase some lapboards to use at shows for catalogs and orderforms. Just starting out so hoping to find a deal on some used ones that aren't being used anymore :) Don't care if thery are all the same color or not. Thanks!

I went and got cheep notebook binders, and cut the spine out. I've been using them for a couple of years.. The binders have a pocket built into them and work great for holding orderform and catalog.

I use the binders too and cut them apart or you can even use folders!

I also use the binders.

Yes Wendy save your $$$$. Find 3 ring binders on sale. I have been using them for almost 5 years and love them.

me too...I use the binders...made my first set over 8 years ago, and still have them..just made a new set to add to my others last year...get the ones that have the clear document sleeve on the outside (front and back) that way when you cut them apart for the lapboards, you have a clear cover on the backs of the lapboards..I put in the 3 month special flyer that Kam does up here on chefsuccess or something else...

We have a small office supply store around here that has damaged ones that you can buy for like $1..a lot of the damage is on the spine..so I am throwing that part away anyway.

See for me I could never find cheap binders. And I put one to the test and couldn't get it cut to look good. So I spent the money on the real lapboards from Merrill. I just wish they weren't white at the time!

That was my question, how do you cut them (and what do you cut them with?) without them looking unfinished or untidy on that side? I assume there is a way if so many people use this method. Any tips?

I have a dozen of the white ones (PC Merrill ones) if you want them.

wadesgirl said:
See for me I could never find cheap binders. And I put one to the test and couldn't get it cut to look good. So I spent the money on the real lapboards from Merrill. I just wish they weren't white at the time!
I made the binder ones and they did not stand up to party wear and tear or my desire for them to look polished. So I purchased Merrill ones (from someone here) and also got some here: Blue Lapboard The darker colors are easier to work with and you can apply stickers from Merrill if you'd like to dress them up.

Last edited:
I use 3 ring binders and lapboards ( I have the white ones from Merrill) I use the 3 ring binder's at shows and labboards for events!!!

chefjeanine said:
I made the binder ones and they did not stand up to party wear and tear or my desire for them to look polished.

So I purchased Merrill ones (from someone here) and also got some here: Blue Lapboard

The darker colors are easier to work with and you can apply stickers from Merrill if you'd like to dress them up.

Thanks for the link to the inexpensive lap boards! Those are great prices! $2 each if I buy 20 (which seems like a good number to have) is as good a price as one could expect to find. Thanks again.

Wendy

How much stuff can you put in/on the lap board. I use 2 pocket folders with the 3 ring clasps in the middle so I can put a vinyl sleeve in the middle that states the host benefits and I like to put the host specials on the back of the sleeve. I put a catalog a business card a drawing slip an order form a bridal registry flyer and a opportunity booklet. I buy them in August when all the school supplies are on sale...best price was Walmart for me.

cookingwithdawn said:
How much stuff can you put in/on the lap board. I use 2 pocket folders with the 3 ring clasps in the middle so I can put a vinyl sleeve in the middle that states the host benefits and I like to put the host specials on the back of the sleeve. I put a catalog a business card a drawing slip an order form a bridal registry flyer and a opportunity booklet. I buy them in August when all the school supplies are on sale...best price was Walmart for me.

From what I understand pretty much just a catalog, order form, drawing slip, pen and business card. That is all I really want to give. I am trying to cut back on the time of refilling so much stuff in folders before every show, expense of buying so much paperwork (not even knowing if it ever gets used)and expense of printing so many host and guest special sheets every month. Ink costs are getting ridiculous with all the printing of things I need and I'm finding things get out dated quickly (host and guest special sheets and monthly outside order sheets, etc) and I end up recycling a lot of it. I've read lots of consultants just do the minimum stated above in the lapboard and mention the specials at the beginning, showing them one printed sheet then putting that on display to be looked at during show and check out times. I think there is a clear panel on the back of the board some people put the special printout in if they want. I pass out recruiting/bridal info at check out if an interest. I have folders but they are awkward to hold in your lap when they are open and not hard enough to write on.

Oh, and to cut down on paper I also print my own drawing slips (I like using a scale of 1-10 instead of a yes/no if interested) and print a 'wish list' on the back. I ask them to keep their wish list handy throughout the demo and write on it as they see things they like, then periodically as I cover the different topics through the show, I ask them to flip their wishlist over and circle their interest from 1-10 on the subject I just covered (hosting, catalog show, the buisness, etc) This keeps the sheet in their hands throughout the show so they hopefully write on the wishlist and the customer care info gets filled out completely because we have done it together. In the end I have all that info in one place for check out and further followup after the show!

cookingwithdawn said:

The lapboards also have a clear sleeve on what I call the "back side" and I use KAM's 3 month flyers in that spot (I recycle by printing on the other side when it's time to change to the next 3 month cycle). This flyer has the Host & Guest Specials for the 3 months I want to highlight (usually that's the current month and the next two). This way I can have them flip it over and talk about what the special is for the day and try to get some interest in the upcoming (or current) Host special.

WendyE said:
Thanks for the link to the inexpensive lap boards! Those are great prices! $2 each if I buy 20 (which seems like a good number to have) is as good a price as one could expect to find. Thanks again.

Wendy

You are welcome! :)

chefjeanine said:
The lapboards also have a clear sleeve on what I call the "back side" and I use KAM's 3 month flyers in that spot (I recycle by printing on the other side when it's time to change to the next 3 month cycle). This flyer has the Host & Guest Specials for the 3 months I want to highlight (usually that's the current month and the next two). This way I can have them flip it over and talk about what the special is for the day and try to get some interest in the upcoming (or current) Host special.

Where do you find KAMs 3 month flier? What does KAM mean?

I found binders at Walmart yesterday for $.92 each, bought ten to make 20 boards.

CHagenPChef said:
I found binders at Walmart yesterday for $.92 each, bought ten to make 20 boards.

What a steal! I also use the binders and put a catalog, order form, opportunity booklet and a drawing slip in them. I've actually got everything pulled out of ten of them right now and will be using them tonight for a meeting we're having at our house tonight for some of the leaders in our church. ;)

What are lapboards used for?

Lapboards are used as a flat surface for cutting, chopping, and preparing food. They are also useful for serving and presenting food.

Where can I find used lapboards?

You can find used lapboards at thrift stores, garage sales, online marketplaces such as eBay or Craigslist, and through secondhand retailers such as Goodwill or Salvation Army.

What should I look for when buying a used lapboard?

When buying a used lapboard, it is important to check for any cracks, chips, or stains on the surface. You should also make sure the board is sturdy and flat, and that it has a non-slip base to prevent accidents during use.

Can I use a used lapboard for hot items?

It is not recommended to use a used lapboard for hot items as the heat can damage the surface and potentially release harmful chemicals into your food. It is best to use a separate heat-resistant surface for hot items.

Can I clean a used lapboard in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to clean a used lapboard in the dishwasher as the high heat and harsh detergents can damage the surface and cause warping. It is best to hand wash the lapboard with warm soapy water and dry it immediately after use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • aksusan
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • WendyE