• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Treadmill Routine to Build Strength and Lose Weight

In summary, my best friend brought me a tread mill that her sister-in-law no longer used, so they just gave it to me!!! Yeah, I'm so blessed because I know tread mills are expensive! Now that is God's favor! Anyway, I obviously need to start out wisely but I am interested in trying to run a little, but not much, I want to walk until I build my strength! Does anyone have a routine, or system they use that is giving good results, for not only weight loss but overall strength and just feeling better and stronger? Let me know!
MissChef
Gold Member
Yesterday my best friend brought me a tread mill that her sister-in-law no longer used, so they just gave it to me!!! Yeah, I'm so blessed because I know tread mills are expensive! Now that is God's favor! Anyway, I obviously need to start out wisely but I am interested in trying to run a little, but not much, I want to walk until I build my strength!
What I want to know is: does anyone have a routine, or system they use that is giving good results, for not only weight loss but overall strength and just feeling better and stronger? Let me know!
What a day for me to post a thread, I don't do this often, but just as Greg is ready to do our server move! Go figure!:rolleyes: LOL!;):D

I have some ideas, but don't have time to post right now... The general advice I've read/heard is to do a walk-run-walk type workout. And don't push the running part! Even if it is just 30 secs, it makes a difference. Also, if you go to Runnersworld.com (I think that is the right web-site) they have alot of articles and program ideas for beginners.

Go watch this video on YouTube and when you can do this with your tread mill, then you've got something. ;)

I am interested in learning a routine as well. I have a tread mill that is just sitting in ds's playroom. I need to get my butt on there and walk off this gutt, but I just use it for decor:)

OH my gosh! This is the funnies video. I love how they are in sync. You know they must have worked on this for days and days to get it perfected. Too funny. I must say though, that it would make for a fun workout. LOL.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Go watch this video on YouTube and when you can do this with your tread mill, then you've got something. ;)

I simply walk while I am eating my donut for breakfast.. haha..

I usually just walk when I am watching The View. I take a break during commercials and walk during the program.. & then I will do the same thing for another program.. My 1 year old kind of dictates how much I actually get to walk! ;)

so im training for a marathon with my dad & boyfriend right now. which is nuts because i havent ran since sophomore year of high school. my dad & i each have a blog going mostly to keep each other accountable...

http://remotecontrolathlete.blogspot.com/
my dads blog

here are two website that ive used to start my training:
couch potato to 5k plan
marathon rookie

the first website is great because it starts you off on a perfect 9 week plan mixing walking & jogging. by the end of the 9 weeks you should be able to run a 5k (3 miles).

hope that helps a little...

& i am sooooo jealous you got a free treadmill. i WISH i had one...

ps. i started off by pushing myself too hard & was just tired and hurting. but since i started that couch to 5k plan, ive had alot of energy & feel like i can actually accomplish my goal.

thanks everyone! I will have to check out KG's link later. I need to use the tread mill right after I get the kids off to school. Then I need to work on my host packs and deliver a bunch, but I figured if I start exercising, I'd feel more energetic and get more work done.;)
Also thanks cougchef for that idea, I appreciate it! I like plans that work you into it!

Mine has become a great clothes rack = )

I can't have a treadmill.There isn't room under the bed because the Nordic Trak is already under there.

ChefSharain said:
Mine has become a great clothes rack = )

thats why my bf says we dont need one. but i have been very good about running outside. now that its getting yucky out, i want to be able to run inside!

1. What are the best speed and incline settings for a treadmill routine?

The best speed and incline settings for a treadmill routine will vary depending on your fitness level and goals. However, a good starting point for building strength and losing weight is to aim for a 5% incline and a speed that challenges you but still allows you to maintain proper form.

2. How often should I do a treadmill routine for optimal results?

For optimal results, it is recommended to do a treadmill routine at least 3-4 times a week. This will allow your muscles to recover and adapt to the exercises, leading to improved strength and weight loss.

3. Can I incorporate other exercises into my treadmill routine?

Absolutely! In fact, incorporating strength training exercises such as lunges, squats, and push-ups into your treadmill routine can help build muscle and boost weight loss. Just be sure to warm up properly and maintain proper form to prevent injury.

4. How long should my treadmill routine be?

The length of your treadmill routine will depend on your fitness level and goals. A beginner may start with 20-30 minutes, while someone more advanced may aim for 45-60 minutes. It's important to listen to your body and gradually increase the duration as you become more comfortable and fit.

5. Can I do a treadmill routine if I have joint pain?

If you have joint pain, it's important to consult with a medical professional before starting any exercise routine. They may recommend low-impact exercises on the treadmill, such as walking or using an elliptical, to minimize strain on your joints while still providing an effective workout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva