• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taking Charge of Life: How to Be Assertive and Build Your Business!

In summary, John got a job as a salesperson after years of feeling down and ashamed. Teresa and Rae both had to make some adjustments in their attitudes in order to get successful in their businesses. Terry has always been a positive influence in John's life.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I have read so many things out here about not wanting to be rude about taking a tote to another DS party, not having bookings or even my own things about not having a job and I hear in my own "voice" that sound of squeaking, shaky, cowardly, whining. I am done. I have decided that if I want my life to work, I gotta stop worrying about what everyone else thinks, I have to be assertive and I gotta do what I gotta do. We can all do this. We can all carry our totes to a TW or PartyLite or MK party or meeting and not worry about them! If you want business, and you want to be or are proud of your PC business, do whatever it takes within reason or course! Carry that tote to that party but, here is the within reason part, do not say a thing. Let the tote do the talking. If people ask, then respond. If you need a job and are going out for interviews but are not getting the jobs, ask why! If you can not get bookings or sales, ask why? Maybe you will get something to work with to change that no to a yes. I finally got fed up enough to decide to be a different person. I know, if you are like me letting life dump on you, you will be afraid of this change. Do not be! It feels really good! I now have some more power in how my life goes. In fact, I just applied for 10 more jobs today! I am going for NO there too! Now, my next step is a bunch of recipe cards that need a name and phone number on them with a blurb like, "Like this recipe? Check out more by calling me!" Or some such thing. I will be shoving them in people faces!! Well, maybe not in there face, but they sure will know they have been PCd! So what is one thing you will do today to be assertive? Let us all know your ideas!

Go John!

I went straight from a booth to a Baby Shower yesterday ... yup, in my logo shirt! LOL Friday night's host was there with a catalog trying to collect orders! :D

Sheila - you have always impressed me because you do have to really go out there to get what you want. I can not handle things here, you do it half around the world!!

Congrats John,
I am slowly getting to that point to. The past year going thru a divorce and having the "mistress" thrown in my face constantly & hearing how freakin happy he is from his family wore me down (I was married to him 23 years and never knew he was UNHAPPY.)I recently decided I am worthy again & have recruited 4 since May and dedicated myself to making my business stronger so I can be a SAHM to my daughter this last year of high school. just a slight attitude adjustment and my business is flourishingGo for it~~

You go Teresa! Just keep remembering the goal. And that you ARE worth it!!!

Thank you John..I needed that kick in the butt..you are completely correct..and I need to follow that attitude.

Fantastic, John! Your post it just what I needed to hear this morning. I have gotten myself in a little "slump" and was always concerned about what others thought of me.....thus was not putting my neck out there for biz.

Here's to going down a productive and profitable road :)

Wooo hooo! Go, John! I learned a long time ago that people are going to think what they want to think. I have to be me. Better to be criticized for who I really am.

you go John....

Rae - you are a red head - it comes naturally to you to be a fighter! Not to mention that I was borna red head but somewhere it got lost in blond, then dirty blond and just plain "old" gray! In fact, I am seriously thinking of going blond again instead of gray! Maybe it will lift my spirits!
And Terry - thank you! You have always said just enough to make a difference. I look at you and I too see someone who has had his downs but sure as heck makes the most of life! How do you do it? Where does that fire come from? Rae, Terry - I wish you could bottle that exuberance and pass it out!

1. What is "Taking Life by the Horns!" all about?

"Taking Life by the Horns!" is a motivational and empowering cooking class designed to help you take control of your life and make positive changes through the power of cooking and meal planning. You will learn how to create delicious and nutritious meals that will fuel your body and mind, and gain valuable tips and tricks for reaching your goals and living your best life.

2. Do I need any cooking experience to participate in this class?

No, this class is suitable for all levels of cooking experience. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced cook, you will learn valuable skills and techniques that will help you in the kitchen and in life. Our instructors will guide you through each step and provide support and tips along the way.

3. What can I expect to learn from "Taking Life by the Horns!"?

In this class, you will learn how to plan and prepare meals that align with your goals and lifestyle. You will also learn how to make healthier food choices, save time and money in the kitchen, and gain confidence in your cooking abilities. Additionally, you will receive valuable advice on setting and achieving goals, and how to take control of your life in a positive way.

4. Will I be able to taste the dishes we make in the class?

Yes, you will have the opportunity to taste the dishes made in the class. We believe that tasting the food is an important part of the learning experience and helps you to better understand the techniques and flavor combinations used in each dish.

5. Can I bring a friend or family member to the class with me?

Yes, we encourage you to bring a friend or family member to join in on the fun and motivation. Taking this class with someone you know can provide additional support and accountability as you work towards your goals together. Please be sure to register both yourself and your guest beforehand to ensure we have enough supplies for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
ChefZee
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views