• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transform Your Life in the New Year with FLYLADY's Babysteps

In summary, this woman wants to start fresh this year by flying on the ground, setting monthly goals, and sending out invitations and reminder calls. She also wants to learn to knit, explore Okinawa, scrapbook, and read all the books in her house.
esavvymom
Staff member
Whether you call it a "resolution" or not, do you have something you are planning to change this year?There is something about coming back after the holidays and wanting to start "fresh". This year, I want to start FLYing...... On the ground. ;). I have been reading FLYLADY's book and starting my babysteps. If i can FLY, it will allow me to gain control of the "chaos" in my home, including meal planning, declutter, etc....the things that stress me so much. And i feel if that stress is reduced, my PC business will benefit, as will my other areas in life.
I am very excited actually. For those who know about Flylady...... i shined my sink today. WOW it looks good. Who knew!So what are you changing?

Last edited:
I love Flylady! Following her wisdom and steps and philosophy on some things really helped me several years ago. I got off track and CHAOS has crept back into my life. So, I'm going to try doing things her way again. (and this is why I came up with my screen name years ago...it was my signature line when I'd email Flylady or go on the forums...because I'm not an expert and I'm learning the ropes, so I have baby wings and hope to FLY soon.) :)

I have decided to set monthly goals this year. So right now I am working on my goals for January and February. I am doing this for my business, as well as my personal life. It's too hard to try to think of accomplishing something by the end of the year. Much easier to just think - "I can make it to the end of the month!"

My big "change" is that I am sending out all my invitations for hosts (email and snail mail) and making reminder calls. I too am making goals for the month (to correspond with goals for the year). So far I have not had resistance to having hosts turn over address, email, and phone numbers. I think it's all in the wording ("I'm making it really easy for you....").

Love flylady too. Was a big fly girl when my boys were young, and some of the habits have stuck- like "shining" my sink. I don't so much shine it but I keep it empty and wiped. I also make my bed-makes the rest of the room look clean even when there are piles of clothes to be put away on the chairs!

I resolve not to make any resolutions.That way, I can make it and break it in one step and save time.:D

I usually don't make resolutions, but my GOALS are to become more organized and decluttered as well as to step up my business by stop making excuses and put all my effort into it.

I made very secific resolutions so I'd actually reach them.I'm going to run a 5k this Spring
I'm going to learn to Knit
I'm going to explore Okinawa
I'm going to scrapbook
I'm going to read all the books in our house (hopefully before I DL anymore lol)I'm also working on decluttering my house and trying to clean everyday

1. How can I make healthier meal choices in the New Year?

A great way to make healthier meal choices is by incorporating more fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins into your meals. You can also try swapping out processed foods for whole, unprocessed options and using healthier cooking methods like grilling or baking instead of frying.

2. What are some easy ways to meal prep for the New Year?

Meal prepping is a great way to save time and stay on track with healthy eating. You can try cooking large batches of grains, proteins, and vegetables at the beginning of the week and storing them in separate containers to mix and match for meals throughout the week. You can also pre-cut fruits and veggies for easy snacking or make overnight oats for a quick and healthy breakfast option.

3. How can I incorporate more plant-based meals into my diet in the New Year?

One way to incorporate more plant-based meals is by trying out new recipes that use beans, lentils, or tofu as the main protein source. You can also experiment with using more vegetables in your dishes, such as spiralizing zucchini instead of using pasta, or adding more leafy greens to salads or smoothies.

4. What are some tips for staying on track with healthy eating during busy times in the New Year?

During busy times, it can be challenging to stick to healthy eating habits. One tip is to plan ahead and have healthy snacks on hand, such as nuts, fruits, or granola bars. You can also try meal prepping or using a slow cooker to have healthy meals ready when you come home. Additionally, staying hydrated and getting enough sleep can help with maintaining a healthy diet.

5. How can I make my kitchen more organized for the New Year?

An organized kitchen can make healthy cooking and meal prep easier. You can start by decluttering and getting rid of any unused or expired items. Utilizing storage containers and labeling them can also help keep your pantry and fridge organized. Additionally, make sure to regularly clean and organize your fridge and pantry to maintain a clutter-free and functional kitchen space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sfdavis918
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjwr
Replies
Views
raebates
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies