• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Year Changes to Your Business

In Summary, someone is thinking of ways to make their business better in the new year, including adding an incentive for their repeat hosts, making it a policy to ask for customer numbers, and using a 40 40 40 sheet for product value.
chefsteph07
Good morning! I've been thinking of ways to make my business better in the coming new year...are any of you guys implementing any changes starting Jan 1? I was thinking of adding some kind of incentive for my repeat hosts, like host 2 parties within a 12 mo period that are $500 or over in sales and receive a gift certificate from me worth like $50..or something like that. I also think I am going to start making it a policy that when you give me your addresses for me to send out the invites that I am going to ask for the customer phone numbers so I can make reminder calls or calls after the show for outside orders...

Anyone else planning anything? I would love to make my business better next year, especially during the summer months!

Right now I am thinking of converting to P3 and also improving my Host Coaching Skills. I would also like to get into Theme shows more. So many times I take the "easy" way out and just put in a packet of regular invites instead of promoting Theme Shows. So my changes are more "me" changes to my business.

I just started using a 40 40 40 sheet at my shows. It's 40 Squares, Spend $40 Win a #30 GIft Cert. For each $40 in product value a guest spends, their name goes in a square. When the sheet is full, I cut them up and draw a winner. I filled a sheet in a week! I had several people bump up their orders from $32 to $40 or from $112 to $120 to get on the sheet! A fabulous AD in our Cluster said she used this for years when she was getting started and I am loving it! One area that I sell in I contemplated doing a 50 50 50 sheet but I'm staying with the 40's for now. I wouldn't want one county to hear that I used different ones in different places. I wish you could have heard the sweet lady who one yesterday. She called last night SO excited and told me that she announced her win at her church's prayer meeting because she NEVER wins and she just had to PRAISE GO! If THAT is what giving away a $40 gift cert. brings... then I'm all for it! It's a small cost for me and a HUGE thing for me to hear others praising God for anything! Of course some people didn't bump up their orders but it's a much more comfortable way to "urge" a guest to bump up than just suggesting products.

Attachments

• PC 40 40 40.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
quiverfull7 said:
I just started using a 40 40 40 sheet at my shows. It's 40 Squares, Spend $40 Win a #30 GIft Cert. For each $40 in product value a guest spends, their name goes in a square. When the sheet is full, I cut them up and draw a winner. I filled a sheet in a week! I had several people bump up their orders from $32 to $40 or from $112 to $120 to get on the sheet! A fabulous AD in our Cluster said she used this for years when she was getting started and I am loving it! One area that I sell in I contemplated doing a 50 50 50 sheet but I'm staying with the 40's for now. I wouldn't want one county to hear that I used different ones in different places. I wish you could have heard the sweet lady who one yesterday. She called last night SO excited and told me that she announced her win at her church's prayer meeting because she NEVER wins and she just had to PRAISE GO! If THAT is what giving away a $40 gift cert. brings... then I'm all for it! It's a small cost for me and a HUGE thing for me to hear others praising God for anything! Of course some people didn't bump up their orders but it's a much more comfortable way to "urge" a guest to bump up than just suggesting products.

Great Idea! I might have to try that! At my booths I do something similiar. Purchase a square for $2 and at the end of the day I draw a number whoever it is wins( I usually sell 30 squares so they $60 in free products) It an easy $60 order!

Please be careful with games/promotions like that. Many states consider them raffles or games of chance, and require that they be licensed. If it's get a square with qualifying purchase, you may be OK, since you're not selling chances. But when in doubt, check with your state or avoid the situation completely.

quiverfull7 said:

What a great idea! When I start in Jan, this may be one of the things I do to help me start successfully. I did the math - and filling up the squares and then offering $40 - not such a big deal! :) Definitely bumps up the sales!

Do host's purchases count in the 40/40/40? Their free product? Half priced? Discounted? Just wondering how you work it. Also, how do you work the $40? Do they pick $40 in product value, then you use your discount to purchase it (so it comes to less than $40)? Do you pay shipping? Sorry - but lots of questions! Looking to the "pros" so I can do it right! :)

My idea to boost my business next year is, starting in January I will announce at all of my shows that at the end of year I will be having a private party for my past hostesses from the year. That way not only will hostesses get all the great benefits they already get by hosting a show, but they will have an exclusive opportunity to purchase merchandise at a discount at the end of the year hostess party.

Does this sound like a good idea? I figured it would give me a while to increase my inventory till the end of the year party. Does anyone do anything like this now? Any advice?

I love the 40 40 40 idea THANKS!!!

ChefJoyJ said:
What a great idea! When I start in Jan, this may be one of the things I do to help me start successfully. I did the math - and filling up the squares and then offering $40 - not such a big deal! :) Definitely bumps up the sales!

Do host's purchases count in the 40/40/40? Their free product? Half priced? Discounted? Just wondering how you work it. Also, how do you work the $40? Do they pick $40 in product value, then you use your discount to purchase it (so it comes to less than $40)? Do you pay shipping? Sorry - but lots of questions! Looking to the "pros" so I can do it right! :)

I have decided that for the hosts... only additional purchases beyond their benefits will qualify since the other is all non-commisionable stuff. I need to add that to my sheet. Thanks for asking abou that!

I love it! I had thought about doing that before but haven't yet. I really need to step up my business. I fell behind in calls, etc.

I forgot to address the question about how I redeemed the gift Certificate.
This time, the guest who won had ordered but the show had not been submitted yet so we added it to her existing order so there was no more shipping so that worked out great. From now on I will specify that the tax and shipping is included in the $40 unless they have an open order.

I am starting fresh in 2008. I haven't done alot since I started several years ago and I've made a decision to really try to work things and make a good go of it. Plus we could use the extra money to pay off some bills. I am getting re-organized and ready to go. Also, my sister may be signing as my 1st recruit, so I better get busy and stay active if that happens.

Diane - do you use the sheet at various shows until all squares are full? Or one sheet per show? Love the idea .. am planning to try this too!

ChefMoore said:
My idea to boost my business next year is, starting in January I will announce at all of my shows that at the end of year I will be having a private party for my past hostesses from the year. That way not only will hostesses get all the great benefits they already get by hosting a show, but they will have an exclusive opportunity to purchase merchandise at a discount at the end of the year hostess party.

Great idea! I'm thinking about something similar. Including a nice PC gift for each host attending. Perhaps a deep discount, on cookware or other top of the line item. Still thinking about that.

Question...my catalog show hosts are far away...what to do to reward them?

quiverfull7 said:
I forgot to address the question about how I redeemed the gift Certificate.
This time, the guest who won had ordered but the show had not been submitted yet so we added it to her existing order so there was no more shipping so that worked out great. From now on I will specify that the tax and shipping is included in the $40 unless they have an open order.

So, if they don't have an open order, are you submitting their order separately, attached to another party, with your discount, or what? I really like this idea and think I will start using it in January...since that'll be my first month, I want to get my ducks in a row. :)

quiverfull7 said:
I have decided that for the hosts... only additional purchases beyond their benefits will qualify since the other is all non-commisionable stuff. I need to add that to my sheet. Thanks for asking abou that!

Still more questions... :p Do you mean after the free and half priced products? They get unlimited discounted products, right? If you are including products they buy after their discount - is it product value or what they are paying? Sorry - clearly a newbie! :)

I love this idea! Thanks!

Definitely do whatever is commissionable for you. This is a new way to increase sales for you and benefit them as well, esp if you want to increase average orders.

ChefJoyJ said:
So, if they don't have an open order, are you submitting their order separately, attached to another party, with your discount, or what? I really like this idea and think I will start using it in January...since that'll be my first month, I want to get my ducks in a row. :)

I will submit it in their name on someone else show as a regular order. They need and deserve the items to be warrentied (sp?) in their own name.

ChefJoyJ said:
Still more questions... :p Do you mean after the free and half priced products? They get unlimited discounted products, right? If you are including products they buy after their discount - is it product value or what they are paying? Sorry - clearly a newbie! :)

I would write their names on my 40 40 40 sheet once for each $40 of their money that they spend on their unlimited discounted products. If their name is chosen from the sheet it will most lilkely happen after their show is submitted so then their GC order would go on someone else's show.. .hopefully on a show of someone who booked from them ... maybe...
does that help?

quiverfull7 said:
I will submit it in their name on someone else show as a regular order. They need and deserve the items to be warrentied (sp?) in their own name.

That's what I was thinking too! Thanks! :)

Thank you for your answers - they make perfect sense and definitely clear things up! Final question (I promise!) Do you tell them about this at the beg. of show or when they are getting ready to order?

I know, I know...newbie questions! lol

If you ever check how many questions I have posed on CS you would not say anything about asking questions! I tell them about it close to the end of the show. I need to ask the AD that told me about it what point in the show she presented it just to find out what she found most effective. It's not until check out time that many of them know exactly how close they are. As a guest myself I think if I heard it presented early on... I would feel more pressured ... maybe that is imagined but that's just how I feel about it right now. Maybe I should do it sooner once and see if it makes a different.

chefsteph07 said:
Good morning! I've been thinking of ways to make my business better in the coming new year...are any of you guys implementing any changes starting Jan 1? I was thinking of adding some kind of incentive for my repeat hosts, like host 2 parties within a 12 mo period that are $500 or over in sales and receive a gift certificate from me worth like $50..or something like that. I also think I am going to start making it a policy that when you give me your addresses for me to send out the invites that I am going to ask for the customer phone numbers so I can make reminder calls or calls after the show for outside orders...

Anyone else planning anything? I would love to make my business better next year, especially during the summer months!

My big change is going to be to not quit! Not quit calling everyday just because it gets tough. I will not quit booking 2 shows a week (after a taste of being consistently at $3K a month I don't want to go back). I will not quit asking everyone to join my team!

But that applies to my whole life. I tend to quit once things get a little tough and I am "resolving" to not quit!! I will not quit in my efforts to lose weight! I will not quit striving for Directorship.

I will use my biggest ally...the Lord! I have asked Him to bless my business and He has!! I hope that when the day comes that He says my time with PC is over I will obey.

Amen... except I hope He doesn't tell me for years and years and years that my PC time is over but I will try my best to obey if He does! :) I LOVE your attitude and I thank you so much for posting this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 40-40-40 sounds interesting. I'll be giving that some thought (along with Ann's caveat).

My new thing for 2008 is that I bought a Joy of Cooking calendar. It's the kind with one sheet for each day. Each day has a recipe or cooking tip. Once a party is scheduled, I write "Pampered Chef Party at x:xx" on the front, and add a quick note to the back about how excited I am about her party.

For the new year:

~ I would like to increase my show average and decrease cancellations so therefore, I think I am going to give a try at mailing out invites for my hosts.

~ I am also going to be more consistent on the days I schedule my shows. I have been real loose when scheduling shows, most of the time letting my hosts choose the days I am available. In January, I have shows scheduled on Mondays (1 Tuesday for the week our cluster meeting falls), Thursdays, and Saturdays. In November and December, many hosts wanted shows on weekends, and I ended up with 3 shows in a row on Fri,Sat and Sunday, and I was crazy!!!. My new schedule will still allow up to 3 shows a week, without me having to go non-stop.
~ I am also going to limit my monthly recipe choice to 3 options (appetizer, entree or dessert, with only 1 recipe per), so that I can get to know the recipe and improve my shows.

1. What changes can I expect to see in my Pampered Chef business in the new year?

Pampered Chef is constantly evolving and improving our business to better serve our consultants and customers. In the new year, you can expect to see updates to our product line, new marketing strategies, and possibly changes to our compensation plan.

2. Will there be any changes to the consultant requirements or expectations in the new year?

We are always looking for ways to support our consultants and help them grow their businesses. In the new year, we may introduce new training opportunities or tools to help you succeed. However, our core requirements and expectations will remain the same.

3. How will the changes affect my current business and team?

We understand that any changes can be unsettling, but rest assured that our changes are designed to benefit our consultants and their businesses. We will communicate any changes clearly and provide support and resources to help you and your team adapt and thrive.

4. Will there be any changes to the commission structure or incentives in the new year?

We are always evaluating our compensation plan to ensure it is fair and competitive. While there may be some adjustments in the new year, our main goal is to continue rewarding our consultants for their hard work and dedication.

5. How can I stay updated on the changes to my Pampered Chef business?

We will communicate any changes through our official channels, including email, social media, and our consultant website. We also encourage you to stay in touch with your upline and attend any training or informational events to stay informed about the latest updates and strategies for success in your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • slhalepc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies