• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sitting on the Fence, Almost in the Dirt..

who is the best husband a girl could ask for. He tells me that I am smart, articulate, and beautiful. I am not perfect, but I have learned how to love myself.Finally, remember that you are not alone. Many people have been told that they are failures at something. And yet, they have found a way to do it. You can, too.
Jess_K
Ok so I would like some opinions on this.. For pretty much the 2 years I've been doing PC I've been struggling. I have some good shows and then nothing.. I'm having a hard time lately (last 6 months) due to a huge falling out with my parents and my husband on Thanksgiving. It's been a nightmare to say the least. (some of you might remember my post regarding my husband months ago) We'll my DH and I are working things out, but in doing that, my relationship with my parents has disolved pretty much to nothing.

I really want to keep my PC biz and progress it forward, but I'm not having any luck getting interest or bookings. I have little money to put into booths and I'm feeling frustrated. I guess I'm looking for some advice on if sometimes it really is best to drop the apron and move on with what is the focus at the time. I'm only about $5K away from $15,000 and I'd really like to reach that goal.

If anyone has any ideas on how to go about deciding what to do, or how to weigh the pros and cons I'd appreciate it. Right now I'm in a fog pretty much and feeling a little lost. I think my main problem is that growing up I was always told that I was going to fail at things. I have such reservation to start anything without the full effort that it's going to "for sure" succeed. Which I know is silly. I've started things in the past and feel like I'm always "planning" to succeed and trying to get things "perfect" before I even start. My Father also has told me that PC is a joke and that I will never get anywhere with it. That makes me want to prove him wrong even more. That and the fact that I DO want my biz to grow, but I'm also tired of it being a stress and having it on my mind all the time. I want to push thru this time, but need some advice.

any input would be appreciated... thanks for reading this.

jess

Try to remember your why....get excited again and leave the nay sayers behind. PC is not a joke!! It is a viable way to earn $$. Just re-group and get busy!! You sound like you want that.. just a little beat down. Look up ways to get bookings, ways to get noticed (logo wear) and get busy!! Remember, what you do today will help in 3 months.. so you will not see the fruits of your efforts yet... but what you do today will help in August and set you up for the best fall ever!!! Make plans to FILL June.. it is sell-a-thon month and will get you FREE fall items (helping set up a successful fall) I have confidence in you!!! You can do it!! Get on the phone and call.. call.. call. Then give yourself permission to take time off - so you are not worrying about it all the time. That is hard when we are not punching a time clock.. But manage your time. Do some trainings.. get motivated again!!! It is time!! Also, you have been through a lot lately.. Give yourself permission to heal.... you can do that by getting busy and making a successful business. I have had many tell me this job would never work out.. I am here to prove tham wrong.. one show at a time!!!!! Make sure you are up and excited when you talk to people!! This is your dream.. now go chase it!!!

First, are you comfortable with your director? That's the first person to approach for help making a decision like this. However, if your director is one of those who is always pressuring (like a few are) or you're not comfortable with going there, don't feel like you have to.Next, are you a reader? There are lots of books out there that can help you develop your "can do" muscles. I, too, grew up being told that I was a failure at pretty much everything. I was also not particularly bright, not all that attractive, and did not know how to behave correctly in public. I then married a man who told me that I was stupid and inept at everything. It's taken years to combat those messages. I've been divorced from the man who emotionally abused me for many, many years. I've been married to The Furry Guy for over 24 years. Still, I sometimes here those voices. I've shared this to let you know 2 things. (1) You're not alone, and (2) there's hope. Also, only you can decide if it's worth it or not. Take a good look at what you're doing for your business and why. Sometimes we get so busy working on stuff that we don't realize that we're working hard but not smart. Are you makings sure that the majority of your time working on your PC business is spent doing income-generating activities such as calls, host coaching, etc.Finally, never make a big decision when you're frustrated. Give yourself some time to really consider the pros and cons of your business. I'm sure there are others who will have more suggestions. I wish you all the best as you consider what your future holds.

Rae - AWESOME as always!!

Jess just wanted to pop in and give my support! You know I'm always here (or there) for you! :) Keep your chin up!

I agree with Rae on steps to take. You are not alone and there is hope. I went through a lull in my business until about a month ago, I couldn't decide if I wanted to continue with it or not. Then I thought about what my life would be like without selling PC. I decided I would miss it far too much to not be doing this any more. I think sometimes we need to just sit back and take a breather and reflect on the reasons we are in this business. I absolutely love doing the shows.Remember, we cannot do anything about our pasts, only help create and mold our futures. Best wishes as you evaluate and decide what to do_One of the many wonderful things about PC is that you can make anything you want out of your business -- however big or small you want.

Jess - good for you on being able to deal with so many things in your life right now. Sorry to hear what you are going through, though.

I would make a list of PROS and CONS - no one can do that but you, yourself. I agree with the other suggestions as well - especially talking to your D.

IMO, you can easily get by with the Starter Kit and catalogues....the rest you can do without until you get your business on-track.

You could also ask for past customers help by telling them about your REFERRAL SYSTEM - it will help you out since word-of-mouth advertising can be the best advertising. :)

thanks everyone, I've decided to give it until the end of the year. Things have went even further south with my parents, so that's a struggle right now. I'm really hoping I can get a good summer booked and see how it goes. thanks for all the input.

Jes

good luck Jess!!!

Best wishes.

Jess_K said:
thanks everyone, I've decided to give it until the end of the year. Things have went even further south with my parents, so that's a struggle right now. I'm really hoping I can get a good summer booked and see how it goes. thanks for all the input.

Jes

Sorry your relationship with your parents is a struggle. I know how outside stresses can really hamper my business.

Rae gave you very honest and sound advice. Take a bit of pressure off of yourself for now and forget about what anyone else expects or wants you to do or accomplish. Take your tote with you or wear that logo shirt and drop catalogs or mini catalogs or recipes on your errands. Smile...don't forget to praise yourself for your own special talents, help others who are in need so your worries don't own you, and hug someone every day. See where that takes you. That's all I've got but it has always helped me. :)

ok so I was all ready to give it up, started going thru my stuff to get together to sell..and I'm having the hardest time ! ugh. Why oh why... is it because today I got a shipment? still seaching for the magic decision maker...........

1. What is "Sitting on the Fence, Almost in the Dirt.."?

"Sitting on the Fence, Almost in the Dirt.." is a popular dish from Pampered Chef that combines flavorful vegetables and savory meats for a delicious and easy meal.

2. What ingredients are needed to make "Sitting on the Fence, Almost in the Dirt.."?

The ingredients for "Sitting on the Fence, Almost in the Dirt.." include ground beef, diced tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, corn, black beans, enchilada sauce, and cheese.

3. How long does it take to prepare "Sitting on the Fence, Almost in the Dirt.."?

The preparation time for "Sitting on the Fence, Almost in the Dirt.." is approximately 30 minutes.

4. Can I make "Sitting on the Fence, Almost in the Dirt.." in advance?

Yes, "Sitting on the Fence, Almost in the Dirt.." can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to be baked.

5. What is the best way to serve "Sitting on the Fence, Almost in the Dirt.."?

"Sitting on the Fence, Almost in the Dirt.." can be served as a main dish or as a side dish. It pairs well with a side of rice or a salad for a complete meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • chefashleigh
  • General Chat
Replies