• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Recipe for Cranberry-Apple Crisp Made in the Deep Dish Baker?

In summary, to make a delicious apple crisp with cranberries, you will need 6-8 apples, 1 cup of cranberries, 1 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of cold butter, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. You can use frozen cranberries, but make sure to thaw them first. Any type of apple can be used, but a mix of tart and sweet apples is recommended. The recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Butter is the recommended fat, but you can substitute with coconut oil or vegetable shortening if desired.
pamperedmomto3
My MIL recently attended a party where the host made apple crisp using the dcb and it had cranberries in it. Do any of you have the recipe for this? TIA!

Not sure if this is the one or not...but it is YUMMY!!!

Attachments

• Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 346
Bummer. That's not it but thank you. I suspect it was Mom's Apple Crisp with cranberries added. Just don't know if they were whole, dried and how many.

When I make my apple crisp inthe oven, I add fresh cranberries (I usually have them in the freezer) so I am sure that it will work in the microwave as well.

Usually this is made in the Deep Dish Baker, so I'm sure you can switch to the DCB instead.

Cranberry-Apple Crisp
Topping:
¼ c. chopped pecans
1 c. rolled oats
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. all-purpose flour
1 T. cinnamon
¼ c. margarine, melted
Filling:
5 medium Granny Smith apples
1 can (16 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
¾ c. sugar
2 T. all-purpose flour
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Peel, core & slice apples using the Apple-Peeler-Corer-Slicer. Cut apple slices in half, and place in Deep Dish Baker. In 2-Qt. Batter Bowl, combine cranberry sauce, sugar, and flour; mix well using Super Scraper. Pour cranberry mixture over apples in Baker; toss to coat evenly. For topping, combine all ingredients in Small Batter Bowl. Mix well. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Microwave on high power for 12 minutes or until fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream.

1. How do I make the apple crisp with cranberries?

To make our delicious apple crisp with cranberries, you will need 6-8 apples, 1 cup of cranberries, 1 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of cold butter, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Simply peel and slice the apples, then mix them with the cranberries and place in a greased baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the cold butter until the mixture is crumbly, then sprinkle it over the apple and cranberry mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.

2. Can I use frozen cranberries in this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen cranberries in our apple crisp recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before mixing them with the apples, and be aware that they may release more liquid during the baking process.

3. What type of apples should I use for this recipe?

You can use any type of apple for our apple crisp with cranberries. However, we recommend using a mix of tart and sweet apples such as Granny Smith and Honeycrisp for the best flavor and texture.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make our apple crisp with cranberries ahead of time. Simply prepare the recipe as directed, but do not bake it. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When you are ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap and bake as directed. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time.

5. Can I substitute the butter with a different type of fat?

We recommend using butter for the best flavor and texture in our apple crisp with cranberries recipe. However, if you prefer to use a different type of fat, you can substitute it with an equal amount of coconut oil or vegetable shortening.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tean94
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • ChefJWarren
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa
  • its_me_susan