• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Crisp in Ddb in Microwave?

In summary, the site is down so I can't look it up, does anyone have the recipe for, or which cookbook would I find it, the recipe for the microwave apple crisp in the deep dish covered baker please?
its_me_susan
The site is down so I can't look it up... does anyone have the recipe for, or which cookbook would I find it, the recipe for the microwave apple crisp in the deep dish covered baker please?

:)

Is this the one you want?

Mom's Apple Crisp

4-6 Granny Smith apples
8 graham crackers (2 1/2 x 5 inches), finely chopped
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)

• Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer.
• Cut apples in half; place in Deep Dish Baker. (I used the Square Baker)
• Finely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. (I put the crackers in a bag and crushed them with the Meat Tenderizer)
• Add brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
• Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted.
• Add butter to sugar mixture; mix well.
• Sprinkle graham cracker mixture evenly over apples.
• Microwave on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender, rotating dish after 6 minutes. If your microwave has a turntable you do not have to rotate half way through)
• Cool slightly; serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Chol: 25 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 4 g

Quick Apple Crisp
5 Granny Smith apples
1 Small pkg. (9 oz.) yellow cake mix
2 Tbs. sugar
1 Tbs. ground Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
¼ Cup butter or margarine, melted
½ Cup chopped nuts
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half using Utility Knife. Place apples in Deep Dish Baker.

Combine remaining ingredients, except ice cream, in Classic Batter Bowl. Mix until crumbly using Classic Scraper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.

Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired. (The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001)

 Quick Tip: Ground cinnamon can be substituted for Korintje Cinnamon, if desired

pamperedlinda said:
Is this the one you want?

Mom's Apple Crisp

4-6 Granny Smith apples
8 graham crackers (2 1/2 x 5 inches), finely chopped
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)

• Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer.
• Cut apples in half; place in Deep Dish Baker. (I used the Square Baker)
• Finely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. (I put the crackers in a bag and crushed them with the Meat Tenderizer)
• Add brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
• Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted.
• Add butter to sugar mixture; mix well.
• Sprinkle graham cracker mixture evenly over apples.
• Microwave on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender, rotating dish after 6 minutes. If your microwave has a turntable you do not have to rotate half way through)
• Cool slightly; serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Chol: 25 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 4 g

This is it! Thank you!

its_me_susan said:
This is it! Thank you!

I have this in the microwave now! I didn't follow directions well - we'll see how it turns out.

1. How do I make apple crisp in the microwave using Pampered Chef products?

Making apple crisp in the microwave using Pampered Chef products is quick and easy. Start by slicing your apples and placing them in the Deep Dish Baker (DDB). Next, mix together your desired crisp topping (such as oats, flour, butter, and brown sugar) and sprinkle it over the apples. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the topping is crispy.

2. Can I use any type of apples for apple crisp in the microwave?

Yes, you can use any type of apples for apple crisp in the microwave. However, some apples (such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp) may hold up better in the microwave and result in a firmer texture.

3. How do I know when the apple crisp is done in the microwave?

You will know the apple crisp is done in the microwave when the apples are tender and the topping is crispy. You can test the apples for doneness by piercing them with a fork. If the fork easily slides through, they are done.

4. Can I add other fruits to the apple crisp in the microwave?

Yes, you can add other fruits to the apple crisp in the microwave. Some popular additions include berries, peaches, or pears. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly depending on the type and amount of fruit you add.

5. Do I need to cover the apple crisp when microwaving it in the DDB?

No, you do not need to cover the apple crisp when microwaving it in the DDB. The DDB is designed to allow steam to escape, resulting in a crispy topping. However, if you prefer a softer topping, you can cover the DDB with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap before microwaving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smartcookie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Tean94
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • DebinCincy