• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Make Mom's Apple Crisp in a 12 Saute Pan?

In summary, the ingredients for Mom's Apple Crisp include 6 medium apples, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup rolled oats, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 cup butter, and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional). Any type of apple can be used for this recipe, with popular options being Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Gala apples. The baking time is approximately 45 minutes, but may vary. This recipe can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before baking. Gluten-free flour can be used as a substitute, but the texture and taste may be slightly different.
chefannie
Does anyone have the recipe for Mom's apple crisp in the 12" saute pan? Thanks.
Annie

I'm not familiar with a recipe done in the 12" pan - the only way I've ever done Mom's Apple Crisp is in the microwave.

Here is the recipe I have:

Attachments

• Mom's Apple Crisp Card.doc
    75.5 KB · Views: 411
I would just place some cut-up apples, some brown sugar, butter, pinches of salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, and enough water to make a sauce in the saute pan. (Use a light hand. You want a sauce, not a soup.) Then bring the mix to a simmer , stirring once or twice before removing it from the heat just as soon as the apples were cooked through and the sauce had thickened. You can make the topping as in the original recipe and put on top of the apples. Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes. (or you could omit the regular topping and just crush some shortbread cookies, oatmeal cookies, or sugar cookies and sprinkle them on top if you really needed a quick fix)
Linda

Related to How Do You Make Mom's Apple Crisp in a 12 Saute Pan?

1. What are the ingredients for the Mom's Apple Crisp?

The ingredients for Mom's Apple Crisp are 6 medium apples, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup rolled oats, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 cup butter, and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional).

2. Can I use a different type of apple for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of apple you prefer for this recipe. Some popular options are Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Gala apples.

3. How long does it take to bake the Mom's Apple Crisp?

The baking time for Mom's Apple Crisp is approximately 45 minutes. However, it may vary depending on your oven and the type of apples used.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Mom's Apple Crisp ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap.

5. Can I use gluten-free flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour in this recipe. However, the texture and taste of the crisp may be slightly different.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tean94
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • smartcookie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies