• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tastes Like Butter? (Apple Crisp)

In summary, the "Tastes Like Butter" Apple Crisp is made with a combination of fresh, tart and sweet apples and is gluten-free. It is easy to prepare by mixing the apples with cinnamon and sugar and baking for 45-50 minutes. Other fruits can be used in place of apples for a unique twist. While it is a healthier dessert option compared to others, it should still be enjoyed in moderation.
SarahT
Gold Member
I was thinking of making the Apple Crisp at a show tomorrow as my recipe for the DCB.

I practiced it tonight...and it tastes okay but has a VERY buttery/oily-ish aftertaste to me. I know there is a lot of butter in it. Do you think I could cut down on it and it still cook okay, or should I just let it be and hope they like it? I guess if I was a guest, I'd probably say 'Yum' but think to myself that it needed less butter...but I don't know how much is safe to cut back.

Any help? Thanks!!

Wait, it was the Apple CRUMB cake, not the apple crisp. :) Sorry!

Haven't tried the Crumb Cake. But I use 2 cans of apple pie filling and then the crumb topping from the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe, microwave. Really good and easy.

What is the main ingredient in "Tastes Like Butter" Apple Crisp?

The main ingredient in our "Tastes Like Butter" Apple Crisp is fresh, crisp apples. We use a combination of tart and sweet apples to create the perfect balance of flavors.

Is "Tastes Like Butter" Apple Crisp gluten-free?

Yes, our "Tastes Like Butter" Apple Crisp is gluten-free. We use a gluten-free flour blend and oats to create the delicious crispy topping.

How do I prepare "Tastes Like Butter" Apple Crisp?

Preparing our "Tastes Like Butter" Apple Crisp is easy and only takes a few steps. First, preheat your oven to 375°F. Then, mix the apple slices with the included cinnamon and sugar packet. Top with the crisp topping and bake for 45-50 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream for an extra treat!

Can I use other fruits besides apples in "Tastes Like Butter" Apple Crisp?

While we specifically designed our "Tastes Like Butter" Apple Crisp with apples in mind, you can definitely experiment with other fruits. Try using pears, peaches, or a combination of fruits for a unique twist on this classic dessert.

Is "Tastes Like Butter" Apple Crisp a healthy dessert option?

Our "Tastes Like Butter" Apple Crisp is made with fresh fruit and minimal added sugar, making it a healthier dessert option compared to other options. However, like any dessert, it should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilchrist_pchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Mary Ann
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
lilscrapmama