• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Apple Crisp Recipe Tips: Deep Covered Baker vs. Traditional Baking

In summary, the Quick Apple Crisp recipe can be made in the Deep Covered Baker using the lid, but adding cinnamon or caramel sprinkles to the crust mix is a good idea.
kearstin
Hey Guys -

I am practicing the Quick Apple Crisp recipe tonight for a show tomorrow (first time ever making it). I read that some of you are making it in the Deep Covered Baker to show it off this month. But now I'm just wondering if I should use the lid or not...? What have you guys done?

TIA!!!!

no lid for apple crisp

Definitely no lid - the apple crisp will become "apple limp"

Oh, and add some cinnamon or caramel sprinkles to the crust mix - YUMMY!!

Thanks for the quick response!!!! That was my first thought, but I wanted to be sure. But I do have another question now ... Is there a trick to getting the apple core off of the A/P/C/S without it being so difficult? I certainly don't want the host or guest seeing me struggle like I just did in my own kitchen :eek:

dianevill said:
Oh, and add some cinnamon or caramel sprinkles to the crust mix - YUMMY!!
Oooh - good idea! Thanks!

To get the core off, I usually push the lever back and tilt it down a little bit and push. (does this make sense?) the core usually goes flying off, but the kids love to stand there and try to catch it (like a cannon ball).

vwpamperedchef said:
To get the core off, I usually push the lever back and tilt it down a little bit and push. (does this make sense?) the core usually goes flying off, but the kids love to stand there and try to catch it (like a cannon ball).
Yeah, that makes sense. I've got one more apple to try it out on.

Thanks for all the advice!!!!

I've got to try that. I didn't know you could make it in the dcb.

Please share the recipe for this using dcbI'd LOVE to suprise my host w/ a recipe this weekend...this sounds PERFECT! I wanted to use that new topping..

Please share the recipe...do I spray cooking spray in the dcb? Ive only used it once.

What are the ingredients needed for Quick Apple Crisp?

The ingredients needed for Quick Apple Crisp are apples, flour, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and oats.

Can I use a different type of fruit instead of apples?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit you prefer such as peaches, berries, or pears. Just make sure to adjust cooking times accordingly.

Do I have to use a specific type of flour?

No, you can use all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour for this recipe.

Can I use a substitute for butter?

Yes, you can use coconut oil or margarine as a substitute for butter in this recipe.

How do I know when the apple crisp is done?

The apple crisp is done when the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender when pierced with a fork. This usually takes about 30-35 minutes in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smartcookie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Tean94
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • SarahT