• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfect Mom's Apple Crisp Recipe for Monday Show | Easy DCB Method

In summary, Janet uses the square baker to make her apple crisp recipe. She likes the recipe using the Jiffy cake mix and the hazelnut coffee syrup. The recipe is easy to follow and delicious.
jbdowd0798
Gold Member
I am making Mom's Apple Crisp for a show on Monday night as the host really wants to earn the A/P/C/S for free!!! But I have one question- I heard that you make it in the DCB but do we put the lid on????

I've always made it in the deep dish baker without the lid.

I would like that recipe! AND I still haven't mastered the apple peeler corer thing - HELP

AppleCrisp.jpg

Oh who is better then YOU Janet? Thanks buddy!

PamperedDor said:
Oh who is better then YOU Janet? Thanks buddy!

Oh, trust me, it's a long list...

I just happen to use that one on my recipe cards along with Garlic Bites so it was pretty handy.

thanks. I didn't know and forgot to ask Michael when he talked about it at conference.

Can you use the square baker? I think it's about the same size as the deep dish.

Sure can! You can use pretty much anything you want.

There is another Apple Crisp that has been around many years that I and everybody else absolutely LOVES!!!

Peel, core, slice apples using A/P/C/S. Place in bottom of your baker (or whatever you are using). Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar with flour/sugar shaker covering apples thoroughly. Then take one box of yellow "Jiffy" cake mix. (I think it's a 9oz. box of cake mix-small one) and dump it over the apples. Then take about 3/4 stick of melted butter and drizzle over the top of the cake mix. Bake about 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven! I LOVE THIS RECIPE!!! Makes me hungry thinking about it. Make sure you serve it with cool whip in the EAD and Ice Cream using the ice cream dipper!

Here's the recipe I have used since forever! This one is very good! But I have to try the other recipes here as well! Apple Crisp is my favorite! Have you tried it with blueberries, cherries, or cranberries sprinkled over the apples before the crunch topping? Ouch. Tears of joy and happiness!

It sounds gourmet, but is easy!

Spiced Hazelnut Apple Crisp

Spread in an 9inch by 9inch casserole
Like the Pampered Chef square baker:

6 peeled tart apples, sliced thin
1/4 cup sugar
2T Hazelnut flavored coffee syrup

Mix and spread over apples:
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup quick rolled oats
1/2 cup dark brown sugar(or 1/4 cup honey)
1 tsp cinnamon plus
1 tsp micro grated orange zest
1/2 cup chopped Hazelnuts

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until apples are tender.
I serve it with carmel ice cream.

Not that anyone really asked for this recipe, but it is my favorite!

wow yummy yall!

Mom's Apple Crisp won them over! Of course thought I didn't sell crap!:cry: They all loved the smell, had awesome women talking about the products, showed them a few new ideas with the DCB besides apple crisp, etc. but none sold. The show closes tomorrow so far at $266 and 2 possible bookings.

oh well i guess ya can't win them all.

Firm up those bookings, that will make you money, don't focus on the $250 or so...

Thats true! Thanks. I do have one in the books...well both are in P3 as shows but the other isn't totally firm. I have to call next week for a date if not she definately wants to do a catalog show. So I can't really complain. The show closed out at $256. The host only spent $24 after tax and her free stuff but thats ok. She's quite happy. :)

thank you everyone for your help!

Happy hosts are good - recruit her!

Thats true but I mentioned it in passing and she said she was still trying to get her SU! business going. She can't even get all the supplies from SU! she wants so it didn't sound like she wanted PC too. Its ok, I'll have her host another show in 4-6 months! ha ha

1. How do I make Mom's Apple Crisp?

To make Mom's Apple Crisp, you will need 6 medium-sized apples, 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of rolled oats, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 cup of cold butter, and 1/4 cup of cold water. Peel and slice the apples and place them in a greased baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the topping over the apples and drizzle with cold water. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes or until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown.

2. Can I use a different type of apple for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of apple for Mom's Apple Crisp. However, the best apples to use are Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Braeburn as they hold their shape well when baked and have a good balance of tartness and sweetness.

3. Can I make Mom's Apple Crisp ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Mom's Apple Crisp ahead of time. You can assemble the dish and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap to prevent the topping from getting too soggy. You may need to bake it for a few extra minutes if it is refrigerated.

4. Can I use a gluten-free flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour for Mom's Apple Crisp. Just make sure to check the ingredients in the flour to ensure it is suitable for your dietary needs. You can also substitute the all-purpose flour with almond flour or gluten-free oats for a gluten-free option.

5. Can I add other fruits to Mom's Apple Crisp?

Yes, you can add other fruits to Mom's Apple Crisp. Some popular additions include pears, peaches, or berries. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar and spices accordingly. You can also add a handful of chopped nuts to the topping for extra crunch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tean94
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • smartcookie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • gilchrist_pchef