• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Caramel Apple Cheesecake: No Water Bath Needed?

In summary, the water bath method is used to create a moist and even baking environment for cheesecakes, but it is not necessary for all recipes. If choosing not to use a water bath, make sure to place a pan of water in the oven and adjust baking time and temperature. Wrapping the cheesecake pan with foil and allowing it to cool completely before removing from the water bath can also help prevent cracks. Ultimately, it is a matter of personal preference.
keynibear
I have several different recipes for cheescake, but only one that I make on a regualr basis.

I found another recipe I would like to try but have have a question about it.

I have heard of (and tried a few times), the water bath method for baking a cheesecake. It wasn't pretty.

Anyway, this new recipe I found for a caramel apple cheesecake uses the water bath method. Is it possible to bake it with out putting the cheesecake pan in the water bath?

I don't really understand the science behing the waterbath for cheesecakes anyway. Any advice would be greatly appriceated.

thanks.

Yes, it is possible to bake a cheesecake without using a water bath. The water bath method is used to create a moist and even baking environment for the cheesecake, preventing cracks and ensuring a creamy texture. However, it is not necessary for all cheesecake recipes. If you choose not to use a water bath, make sure to place a pan of water on the bottom rack of the oven to create steam and prevent the cheesecake from drying out. You may also need to adjust the baking time and temperature slightly, so keep an eye on the cheesecake as it bakes. If you do decide to use a water bath, make sure to wrap the bottom and sides of the cheesecake pan tightly with foil to prevent any water from seeping in. Also, make sure to let the cheesecake cool completely before removing it from the water bath to prevent any cracks from forming. Ultimately, it is up to personal preference whether to use a water bath or not. Some people swear by it for perfect cheesecakes every time, while others have had success without it. Give it a try and see what works best for you and your recipe. Happy baking!

1. How do I make the caramel sauce for the cheesecake?

To make the caramel sauce, you will need 1 cup of granulated sugar, 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, ½ cup of heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. In a medium saucepan, melt the sugar over medium heat until it turns a deep amber color. Add in the butter and stir until fully melted. Slowly pour in the heavy cream while stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Let the sauce cool before using it in the recipe.

2. Can I use store-bought caramel sauce instead of making my own?

Yes, you can use store-bought caramel sauce instead of making your own. Simply warm the sauce in the microwave or on the stove before using it in the recipe.

3. Do I need to use a water bath when baking this cheesecake?

No, a water bath is not necessary for this recipe. The cheesecake is baked in a preheated oven at 350°F for 40-45 minutes. Just make sure to let the cheesecake cool completely before serving.

4. Can I make this cheesecake in advance?

Yes, you can make this cheesecake in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just add the caramel sauce and toppings before serving.

5. What toppings can I use for this cheesecake?

You can use any toppings you like for this cheesecake, such as chopped apples, chopped nuts, whipped cream, or additional caramel sauce. Get creative and make it your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• catlwilles
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Brenda K.