• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Apple Crisp in Microwave??

quick apple crisp recipe is in the All The Best cookbook and you can also find it online through CC. It is also made with a cake mix. When you make it in the microwave, it turns out just fine. You should cook it for about 1 hour.
ChefTS
I observed a show once with a consultant who made what seems to have been the Quick Apple Crisp (as far as I can remember the recipe was identical), but cooked it in the microwave.

Have any of you done this, or come across a similar recipe that is for the microwave?

Thank you!

Mom's Apple Crisp in the All The Best recipe book is designed to be nuked in the atom smasher. If you do it at a show, make sure your host has a microwave that is large enough to accomodate the DDB. It's most embarrassing to prepare a recipe only to find out it won't fit in her dorm-room-size microblaster!

Thanks, KG! That looks like a good recipe, do you think it would work in the deep dish pie plate?Although, the recipe I saw was with a cake mix, which is why I thought it was the Quick Apple Crisp.

I make this in the square baker and it works just fine.

ChefTS said:
Thanks, KG! That looks like a good recipe, do you think it would work in the deep dish pie plate?

Although, the recipe I saw was with a cake mix, which is why I thought it was the Quick Apple Crisp.

There are 2 different Apple Crisps...the 1 KG gave is the one that goes in the microwave. The other 1 goes in the oven & is made with a cake mix.

Quick Apple Crisp
Ingredients:
5 Granny Smith apples
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half using Utility Knife. Place apples in Deep Dish Baker.

2. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in Classic Batter Bowl. Mix until crumbly using Classic Scraper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.

3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 2 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

I was recently told by an old-time director that the cake mix apple crisp recipe was a demo many, many years ago.

Thanks, KG.That must have been it. I had the recipe for the other crisps, but thought that since I'm new I just hadn't come across this one yet.Maybe I can find it somewhere on the web...although I do want to try out the Mom's Apple Crisp, it sounds so good!Thanks, all, for your help!

Yes, you can find it on the web alright - just above my last post. ;)Mom's Apple Crisp (the one I referred to) is in the All the Best cookbook but you can also get that one online through CC. Do a recipe search for it.

Hi Everyone!

I have done the Quick Apple Crisp in the microwave before. It turns out just fine. :D

How long did you zap it?

When I originally became a consultant in 2000, I used to make the Quick Apple Crisp ALL THE TIME! Everyone loved it. It seemed like it was practically a staple at all the shows that I did! ;)

And, I just made it a few weeks ago for a dinner party and it was still a hit. I have never made it in the microwave... so if you can and it works out, I think it may have to be my new fall dessert of choice! :)

Also, the recipe calls for a 9 oz. cake mix. Never found one of those, they all seem to be 18 oz... so I just use the whole thing... everyone likes extra crisp anyway, so it's a winner!

~Jaye

jaye said:
When I originally became a consultant in 2000, I used to make the Quick Apple Crisp ALL THE TIME! Everyone loved it. It seemed like it was practically a staple at all the shows that I did! ;)

And, I just made it a few weeks ago for a dinner party and it was still a hit. I have never made it in the microwave... so if you can and it works out, I think it may have to be my new fall dessert of choice! :)

Also, the recipe calls for a 9 oz. cake mix. Never found one of those, they all seem to be 18 oz... so I just use the whole thing... everyone likes extra crisp anyway, so it's a winner!

~Jaye

The cake mixes we were selling are 9 oz...years ago people made single layer cakes alot also. But I TOTALLY agree with you..using the whole box just makes it better!!!;) ;) ;)

I believe you'll find that the Jiffy mixes are 9 ozs.

Hey! Sorry it took so long to reply. I have been having problems logging in! ;)

Its been a long awhile since I have done in the microwave but, I beleive it is takes about 25-30 minutes. (someone quote me if I am wrong) ;)

I am doing one Wedensday night. SO, will let ya know. ;)

:D :D

~
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I believe you'll find that the Jiffy mixes are 9 ozs.
They don't sell those ANYWHERE near me! Just the corn muffin mix.

You dont want to zap more than 15 min. Unless microwave cooks slow. I would check it after 12 minutes to see how it is doing.

:) ;)

I must be blind....
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Mom's Apple Crisp in the All The Best recipe book is designed to be nuked in the atom smasher.

If you do it at a show, make sure your host has a microwave that is large enough to accomodate the DDB. It's most embarrassing to prepare a recipe only to find out it won't fit in her dorm-room-size microblaster!

I can't find your nuked Apple Crisp recipe!!!

Thanks;

Liz

Related to Quick Apple Crisp in Microwave??

1. How long does it take to make the Quick Apple Crisp in Microwave?

The cooking time for the Quick Apple Crisp in Microwave is only 10 minutes. This makes it the perfect dessert option for when you're short on time or don't want to turn on your oven.

2. Can I use any type of apple for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of apple for this recipe. However, we recommend using Granny Smith apples for their tart and crisp flavor.

3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Quick Apple Crisp in Microwave ahead of time. Simply store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat it in the microwave for a few minutes.

4. Can I substitute the oats for a different type of grain?

Yes, you can substitute the oats for a different type of grain, such as quinoa or almond flour. However, the texture and taste of the crisp may be slightly different.

5. Can I add other fruits to this recipe?

Yes, you can add other fruits to this recipe. Some popular additions include berries, peaches, or pears. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly depending on the fruits you use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smartcookie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Tean94
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • its_me_susan